One down. Next coach canned?

BmarvB

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's unfortunate for Carolina is what I meant.

Tomlin is played out. 

Speaking of the Chargers, Lynn is doing a nice job of grounding that team at the moment.

Unfortunate for Carolina? It seems they found away to get rid of "Look at Me" Newton for a capable new qb. Rivera's long reign will continue.

11 minutes ago, eball said:

But the Pegulas were idiots for letting him leave!

Oh there are a ton of Lynn fanboys here.  Watch out...

3 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Unfortunate for Carolina? It seems they found away to get rid of "Look at Me" Newton for a capable new qb. Rivera's long reign will continue.

That capable QB may have doomed that franchise to more Riverboat Ron....

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh there are a ton of Lynn fanboys here.  Watch out...

That capable QB may have doomed that franchise to more Riverboat Ron....

Rivera seems to have success every second year. Just enough to hold onto his job. They do look really good this year though. CMC is carrying the offence and the D is stout. They are contenders so Ron isn’t going anywhere.

Just now, T master said:

Gase may not last the year if he doesn't show some kind of something the rest of the season ...

You did see yesterday’s game, or at least the highlights or result right? Darnold changes the narrative for that team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/27335995/ranking-nfl-coaches-get-fired-disastrous-seasons

1. Sean McDermott, Buffalo Bills

Chances of being fired: 73%

A four-win season would mean two consecutive years of steady decline for the Bills after their first playoff appearance in nearly a generation in 2017, which was McDermott's first season in charge. Young quarterbacks are expected to make a significant jump in their second full season, so if the Bills' offense stumbles in 2019, much of the blame probably will be laid at the feet of the coaching staff, not second-year quarterback Josh Allen.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/27335995/ranking-nfl-coaches-get-fired-disastrous-seasons

A four-win season would mean two consecutive years of steady decline for the Bills after their first playoff appearance in nearly a generation in 2017, which was McDermott's first season in charge. Young quarterbacks are expected to make a significant jump in their second full season, so if the Bills' offense stumbles in 2019, much of the blame probably will be laid at the feet of the coaching staff, not second-year quarterback Josh Allen.

Well, Coach has achieved a four win season and he's still here....

• Haha (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Gase is safe.

Rivera, unfortunately, has been bailed out by the backup QB.   Newton is done.

Tomlin has presided over the complete implosion of that franchise.  They need to blow it all up, but the Rooney's won't do it.

GArrett will last the season.  Turns out the Cowboys are total frauds who beat a few tomato cans to start the season.

Kitchens was a predictable failure.  The NFL should take that franchise away from Haslam.

Giants, Redskins and Dolphins    Powerhouses ALL    

16 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

I said it before and I will say it again ...

IDIOTS 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I find it hard to believe a First year coach will get fired

(unless they took over a legitimate Playoff team) 

Kitchens and Gase were competing for the opportunity but I think Darnold coming back with an easier schedule will save him...which is actually great for us. Kitchens is still circling the drain however that team was supposed to be SB contender apparently.

Flores with the Dolphins has actually been vaguely impressive in that he's somehow got those players still trying.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I cant even imagine the Cowboys firing Garrett.  He is teflon for some reason

There just isnt anyone ready that fits what Jerry Jones wants. Which is, simply: former Cowboys QB.

Kellen Moore looks like the Heir-Apparent, but he probably wont be ready for a couple more years.

I expect Jerry to begrudgingly extend Garrett for 3 more years, bump Moore up to "Assistant Head Coach", and most likely make the change in another 2 years.

Of course, he could always go Wild Card on us and let Garrett walk and promote Moore now. Maybe he sees all the other young coaches and thinks "If they can do it, we can too".

30 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I find it hard to believe a First year coach will get fired

(unless they took over a legitimate Playoff team) 

It is crazy. But nothing in the NFL should surprise us anymore.

Looks like Darnold may save Gase, but Kitchens should definitely be on the hot seat. If Elway retires, I could see the Broncos cleaning house and firing yet another First Year HC.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Gase is safe.

Rivera, unfortunately, has been bailed out by the backup QB.   Newton is done.

Tomlin has presided over the complete implosion of that franchise.  They need to blow it all up, but the Rooney's won't do it.

GArrett will last the season.  Turns out the Cowboys are total frauds who beat a few tomato cans to start the season.

Kitchens was a predictable failure.  The NFL should take that franchise away from Haslam.

Agree with most of these assessments.  But Tomlin is safe.  Great game plan last night winning with a 3rd string QB.  Steelers "implosion" appears to be overdone/overstated.  Still will win the AFC North, IMO.   Also, look at how AB exploded after he left Pittsburgh.  Tomlin kind of kept him semi-sane for a while.  

Edited by RyanC883

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It is crazy. But nothing in the NFL should surprise us anymore.

Looks like Darnold may save Gase, but Kitchens should definitely be on the hot seat. If Elway retires, I could see the Broncos cleaning house and firing yet another First Year HC.

:doh:   I have forgotten the Bronco's playing musical chairs with the coaches 

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I cant even imagine the Cowboys firing Garrett.  He is teflon for some reason

...LOL..."  'Lil Jurrah"...SMH......

Stephen Jones feels “great” about Jason Garrett, coaching staff

Posted by Charean Williams on October 14, 2019, 3:24 PM EDT

Jason Garrett doesn’t have many folks in DFW on his side after three consecutive losses, but he has the right people in his corner.

Stephen Jones, the Cowboys’ executive vice president, reiterated what owner Jerry Jones said a day earlier: Garrett’s job isn’t in danger.

“Absolutely not. We’re ready to go,” Stephen Jones said on his radio show Monday on 105.3 The Fan. “I think this team just needs to get a win under its belt, and I still think we can have a great year and feel good about it and feel great about Jason and his staff and feel like we’ll go to work here this week and move forward.”

Of course, Jerry Jones said multiple times in 2010 that Wade Phillips would finish the season before firing the head coach after a 45-7 loss to the Packers dropped the Cowboys to 1-7. That marked the only time Jones has fired a coach mid-season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/14/stephen-jones-feels-great-about-jason-garrett-coaching-staff/

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Agree with most of these assessments.  But Tomlin is safe.  Great game plan last night winning with a 3rd string QB.  Steelers "implosion" appears to be overdone/overstated.  Still will win the AFC North, IMO.   Also, look at how AB exploded after he left Pittsburgh.  Tomlin kind of kept him semi-sane for a while.  

The 2-4 Steelers with 3rd string QB are going to beat the Ravens in the Division?

nah...