One down. Next coach canned?

BmarvB

21 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Got to think his seat's getting a bit warm by now. Titans are a mess.

Titans, as a whole, aren't a mess.  Their offense is a mess.  But that's what happens when a team has no QB.  Titans D is playoff good.  Unfortunately, they're in that QB desert.

Just now, purple haze said:

Titans, as a whole, aren't a mess.  Their offense is a mess.  But that's what happens when a team has no QB.  Titans D is playoff good.  Unfortunately, they're in that QB desert.

Coaches die in the QB desert. 

I don't see a lot of firings this year. The only one that might be fired midseason as of now, I would think, is Quinn. 

For the offseason here is where I'm at:

Will be fired

-Quinn. Dan Quinn's only HC success has been with Shanahan running the offense. For a defensive coach, his defenses have been lousy and he's wasted a terrific QB-WR duo in their prime. Might be too little too late for the Falcons already this year, but no way he makes it to next year.

-Vrabel. If the Titans are smart they get rid of Vrabel and Mariota, then hire an offensive HC to draft and groom a new QB while keeping Dean Pees on as DC. Now, if the Titans TITAN UP and they get into the wild card or close, maybe he stays, but right now I don't think they can keep him. Coming off a 9-7 season where you get to play a 3rd-place schedule I think the expectation is playoffs. They looked great that first week. Not so much since. 

Somewhat probable

-Taylor. I think Zac Taylor is in over his head and may be one-and-done. He was a bad hire from the beginning, as it was purely from the McVay connection and he was merely a QB coach. Although Goff has been pretty bad this year, so maybe he was partly responsible for their success? 

-Flores. He might have been a sacrificial lamb for this season, but maybe behind the scenes there is trust in him with the rebuild. 

-Kitchens. Freddie Kitchens could get the axe if the Browns don't get it together. He did well as OC, but Gregg appears to have been the grounding force for that team after Hue got canned.

-Garrett. Don't think he gets fired midseason unless they lose multiple games due to coaching blunders. I just don't see Jerry doing it. But if they miss the playoffs he's out. 

Improbable, but in the discussion

-Tomlin. He was just extended and his team is playing well in spite of the recent adversity. Maybe he gets traded to Washington, but I don't think they'll fire him.

-Lynn. I think he gets a pass coming off a 12-4 season and his team is decimated by injuries this year. Rivers might be done, though. I think he's still got the fight in him, but he's sure looking old out there. 

Guys I thought could be on the hot seat, but seem to be doing better now

-Shurmur. He may have saved his job by switching to Jones. If they stay competitive this year, he stays, but if they can't beat Washington and Miami at the end of this season, maybe they look somewhere else. 

-Patricia. I thought his team was going to suck this year and they have not. 

-Fangio. I was not a fan of this hire at first, being an older coach with no HC experience. They looked downright awful, but strung together a couple solid wins these past two weeks. Let's see if they can sustain this.

( I have only read page 1 thus far)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27800574/nfl-coach-firings-potential-openings-hot-seat-now

Dan Quinn, Atlanta Falcons

Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers

Jason Garrett, Dallas Cowboys

Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers

those are solid candidates ^ 

I'll throw in Marrone (just because) 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

Average yearly turnover is between 6-7.  Big question is what teams, other than WAS, do it in-season.

Kitchens is horrible; should have never been promoted.

Garrett is done.

Quinn is likely done, unless they make a very unlikely Super Bowl run.

Tomlin is done.

Rivera is done.

That makes six, with Gruden already gone.

I can't see any other in-season firings.

Flores and Gase are both on the bubble.  Could be a record year for turnover.

Gase is safe.

Rivera, unfortunately, has been bailed out by the backup QB.   Newton is done.

Tomlin has presided over the complete implosion of that franchise.  They need to blow it all up, but the Rooney's won't do it.

GArrett will last the season.  Turns out the Cowboys are total frauds who beat a few tomato cans to start the season.

Kitchens was a predictable failure.  The NFL should take that franchise away from Haslam.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Gase is safe.

Rivera, unfortunately, has been bailed out by the backup QB.   Newton is done.

Tomlin has presided over the complete implosion of that franchise.  They need to blow it all up, but the Rooney's won't do it.

GArrett will last the season.  Turns out the Cowboys are total frauds who beat a few tomato cans to start the season.

Kitchens was a predictable failure.  The NFL should take that franchise away from Haslam.

I am not sure on Gase...not so much on record alone, but any more weird stuff like giving Dranold all the reps with him not cleared yet 

Rivera is safe, cant blame a guy for winning with a backup QB

Tomlin  going anywhere unless he wants a change..team is still playing hard, and just won with a 4th string QB

Agree on Garret..time for a change and a new voice there unless they go deep into the playoffs

Kitchens aint done yet...that team has had the double misfortune of a pretty strong schedule and some awful bounces go against them...and that is before we get to the awful calls that have gone against them as well. I am sure he will get the year, and see where they end up once they hit the lighter part of their schedule

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am not sure on Gase...not so much on record alone, but any more weird stuff like giving Dranold all the reps with him not cleared yet 

Rivera is safe, cant blame a guy for winning with a backup QB

Tomlin  going anywhere unless he wants a change..team is still playing hard, and just won with a 4th string QB

Agree on Garret..time for a change and a new voice there unless they go deep into the playoffs

Kitchens aint done yet...that team has had the double misfortune of a pretty strong schedule and some awful bounces go against them...and that is before we get to the awful calls that have gone against them as well. I am sure he will get the year, and see where they end up once they hit the lighter part of their schedule

It's unfortunate for Carolina is what I meant.

Tomlin is played out. 

Speaking of the Chargers, Lynn is doing a nice job of grounding that team at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's unfortunate for Carolina is what I meant.

Tomlin is played out. 

Speaking of the Chargers, Lynn is doing a nice job of grounding that team at the moment.

I just dont think they move on from Tomlin, unless he also agrees a change is best for everyone

Chargers are weird, poopy situation too. Has to be hard to play road games at home

• Like (+1) 1