One down. Next coach canned?

BmarvB

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Average yearly turnover is between 6-7.  Big question is what teams, other than WAS, do it in-season.

Kitchens is horrible; should have never been promoted.

Garrett is done.

Quinn is likely done, unless they make a very unlikely Super Bowl run.

Tomlin is done.

Rivera is done.

That makes six, with Gruden already gone.

I can't see any other in-season firings.

Flores and Gase are both on the bubble.  Could be a record year for turnover.

Stretch to say Tomlin and Rivera done. I don't think the majority of analysts would agree.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Stretch to say Tomlin and Rivera done. I don't think the majority of analysts would agree.

Yeah I think Kitchens will get the year.  Tomlin and Rivera are safe.  Garrett finishes the year as well.  Quinn may not get another week.

Falcons look like Bills teams of old...... Finding ways to lose.

While it's a GREAT time to be a Buffalo sports fan, it's an AWFUL time to be a Atlanta-area sports fan do the Falcons, Braves getting blown out in the NLDS, and UGA losing to South Carolina. Got a couple ATL friends that are on suicide watch.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Average yearly turnover is between 6-7.  Big question is what teams, other than WAS, do it in-season.

Garrett is done.

Tomlin is done.

Rivera is done.

I don't see Rivera being fired, not with the way this team reacted to Newton's absence. Newton's injury was a blessing in disguise for him.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Garrett is done.

Tomlin is done.

Rivera is done.

Quinn is likely done.

Steelers haven't fired a head coach since the 60's. I don't think Tomlin is going to break that streak, but he may walk away at the end of his contract to take another job. 

I'm guessing Kitchin's gets another year. But I also agree he was a bad hire. If he gets canned I predict Baker will start insulting him the minute he's gone.(Mayfield is a real POS)

I don't think Gase will get canned in his first year, but it is the Jets. Same for Flores. But the Fins might need to tank again next year.

Unless they do a total reversal, Rivera is probably safe.

I don't think Kahn fires Marrone this year, unless he totally loses the team.

Edited by The Dean

25 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Quinn is likely done.

Steelers haven't fired a head coach since the 60's. I don't think Tomlin is going to break that streak, but he may walk away at the end of his contract to take another job. 

I'm guessing Kitchin's gets another year. But I also agree he was a bad hire. If he gets canned I predict Baker will start insulting him the minute he's gone.(Mayfield is a real POS)

I don't think Gase will get canned in his first year, but it is the Jets. Same for Flores. But the Fins might need to tank again next year.

Unless they do a total reversal, Rivera is probably safe.

I don't think Kahn fires Marrone this year, unless he totally loses the team.

Rumors are the Redskins are wanting to trade for him

I think the next coach gone is Quinn in ATL or Lynn in LA, both of those teams are looking bad and underachieving

15 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Rumors are the Redskins are wanting to trade for him

I think the next coach gone is Quinn in ATL or Lynn in LA, both of those teams are looking bad and underachieving

Yeah, IMO Quinn and Lynn are next up, both have too much talent to not be good.

11 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Yeah, IMO Quinn and Lynn are next up, both have too much talent to not be good.

Yes, I forgot about him. Lynn will have to turn things around this year to keep his job, IMO.

Then again, the Rams are 3-3. Maybe McVay (and all the people and all the head coaches who got their jobs because they knew him) will get fired. :rolleyes:

Edited by The Dean

Lynn is coming off a 12-4 season, so you'd think he'd be safe barring a total collapse.  Chargers are a cash strapped franchise and probably like having Lynn on the cheap.  Having said that, they move into the Rams new stadium next year and may want to make a splash with a new hire at HC.  Maybe Rex Ryan?  Lol.