Andy Reid now choking in regular season

5 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

The Chiefs and Mahomes are overrated.  They have been exposed.  Chiefs might not even make the playoffs.

Who in the AFC West is going to knock them out?

5 hours ago, mannc said:

I think they also miss Kareem Hunt.  That offense is one-dimensional now, although it’s not a bad dimension.

KC definitely needs more playmakers.  Not enough talent out there for Mahomes. 

10 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm not saying the Chiefs shouldn't win BUT the Denver players will be playing their hardest in front of the home fans against them.

Denver is a hard place to win.  I'm not a Donkeys fan but they won't roll over for this one.

I agree ^^^

Mile high stadium is a tough place to play , I’m glad we’re playing Broncos at home and IMO this will still be a tough game 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Insightful. Thanks!?

You know what i meant...basically if you hold them under 30 points you will win because their D is going to allow a bunch of points...it puts a lot of pressure on the offense and when things get tight in the playoffs that usually doesn't work out well. Their defense will be their downfall if they don't get it fixed.

Look at Mahomes completion percentage the last 3 games.  Coaches are refining the blueprint at this point.  Don't let him get outside the pocket.

As good as Andy Reid is with QBs he can only do so much 

Edited by TonyBeets

1 hour ago, Manther said:

I watched the game.  The play calling was terrible.  KC could have won by 3 scores.  They gift wrapped the game for the Texans.

I watched the game too.

Their defense sucks.  They couldn’t get off the field and they were missing their best defensive player.  

16 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Reid calls 35 passes to only 10 rushes on a day where McCoy has two big runs and 5.5 YPC.  It was a one score game all day with a QB that has a bum ankle. 

This after he calls 39 passes to 10 runs in a one score loss to Colts.

Both games at home. 

KC GM needs to intervene and tell Andy he can't call plays anymore and he just needs to be HC. 

and that's choking?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I am NOT throwing shade on Mahomes so please don't interpret this post in that way.  Yesterday was the first full game I watched of his in a while, and while he is clearly talented he was lucky on the first TD to Hill.  The Texans' DB was in perfect position to intercept or bat it down.  Now if you give Mahomes credit for taking a shot knowing he had a "free play" I agree, but it was still lucky (as opposed to being a brilliant throw).  Also, I see him throwing off balance, sidearm, or off the wrong foot way too often.  I expected to see a QB throwing darts right on his receivers' hands but that's not what happened.  His mechanics are not sound.  Mahomes has the benefit of really outstanding skill and speed at the WR and TE positions, and I can't help but wonder what other QBs' performances would look like in those situations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

KC’s Defense was and still is what keeps this team from being great. 

Funny how some coordinaters can live off their reputations for a while, insetad of results. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/SpagSt0.htm

I mean at his last 5 years in terms of yards

32, 32,10,31, 31...and yet KC thought they were getting a defensive super mind:wallbash:

14 hours ago, KayAdams said:

The Bills play as a team and still believe in delightfully quaint football notions such as defense and running the ball.

You been watching the Bills this year?

16 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Reid calls 35 passes to only 10 rushes on a day where McCoy has two big runs and 5.5 YPC.  It was a one score game all day with a QB that has a bum ankle. 

This after he calls 39 passes to 10 runs in a one score loss to Colts.

Both games at home. 

KC GM needs to intervene and tell Andy he can't call plays anymore and he just needs to be HC. 

His defense in KC just sucks.  They have a few good players but their linebackers aren’t and have abused constantly over the past 2 weeks. 

If the KC crosses paths with NE, I will bet the house that Belichick will outcoach Reid on the way to victory.  Lock it in

• Like (+1) 2

I thought that Reid's call of a deep pass play from the 20-yard-line at the end of the first half, ahead by one point, with less than 30 seconds left, was beyond idiocy. Mahomes had a bad ankle, gets a big rush, fumbled, Texans recovered on the two yard line and scored to put them ahead. That touchdown was the difference in the game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I thought that Reid's call of a deep pass play from the 20-yard-line at the end of the first half, ahead by one point, with less than 30 seconds left, was beyond idiocy. Mahomes had a bad ankle, gets a big rush, fumbled, Texans recovered on the two yard line and scored to put them ahead. That touchdown was the difference in the game. 

For as much as we hate it when QB’s take a knee before half time, this is the reason why.  Reid likely was overconfident with Mahomes as a passer - and for good reason, but this move can backfire.  You can argue it cost them the game.  Belichick used to do this kind of thing with Brady when he was throwing the ball everywhere.  Same thing with Mike Martz when Kurt Warner was MVP. 

Actually, why bother killing yerelf in the regular season if you can get a cushy playoff spot by playing it safe, dumping a few games that you might have won with risky exertion

finishing first didn’t do them any favors in the playoffs last year

1 hour ago, eball said:

I am NOT throwing shade on Mahomes so please don't interpret this post in that way.  Yesterday was the first full game I watched of his in a while, and while he is clearly talented he was lucky on the first TD to Hill.  The Texans' DB was in perfect position to intercept or bat it down.  Now if you give Mahomes credit for taking a shot knowing he had a "free play" I agree, but it was still lucky (as opposed to being a brilliant throw).  Also, I see him throwing off balance, sidearm, or off the wrong foot way too often.  I expected to see a QB throwing darts right on his receivers' hands but that's not what happened.  His mechanics are not sound.  Mahomes has the benefit of really outstanding skill and speed at the WR and TE positions, and I can't help but wonder what other QBs' performances would look like in those situations.

He also nursing an ankle injury at the moment.

• Like (+1) 1

I couldn't understand why they let all of their stud defensive guys go last off season & now it's coming back to haunt them literally ! Justin Houston in the Colts game gave them fits & he was one of the afore mentioned studs released !

Tamba Ali was another i couldn't understand why they let walk I know age had something to do with it but the dude was still producing & their D is less for letting him go too !! 

The Chiefs are the Bills alter ego they have a offense that can score with the best of them but their D is like non existent & their opponents can score at will to where our Bills D is awesome & the offense has a hard time scoring points .

I hope after the bye the Bills come back & Josh gets into a groove with the addition of Duke & they run the table so this post will be just me blow smoke !! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1