FitzMagic or Rosaster?

cage

As an organization if you really are tanking you have to start Rosen the rest of the season.  You need to know if a guy drafted #10 just last year can be the franchise QB for your team.  If he can it changes what you will do at next years draft. 

The best case scenario for Miami is that Rosen catches fire, plays well and the Dolphins win a couple of games and are picking say #3.  At this point they don't have to take a QB and could potentially trade out of #3 for a lot of picks.  Worst case scenario is Rosen sucks you get the #1 pick and you can trade him for a 7th round draft pick.  There is NO value to winning games with Fitz.  You lose draft position and Fitz is not the answer to your QB needs.

I think the reason they benched Rosen today was to keep him alive to play again.  Not to mention that you don't want him to get booed off the home field.  Not good for a young QB's confidence.  

11 minutes ago, McBean said:

Please be Rosen so we can have the answer to the burning question of, “Did we take the right Josh?”

I'm thinking that question has already been convincingly answered!

3 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Rosen couldn't move the ball against a defense that was regularly giving up 30 a game.  It's going to be interesting to see what our defense does to these guys.

I hope for Rosen's sake there's an ambulance on standby in the tunnel at New Era Field.

It’s scary to think what our D might do to Fitz. I know Fitz gets it out fast, but Phillips is a beast & Oliver is thirsty for his first sack. My expectations are they play Fitz knowing Rosen will get beat badly against our D. I expect a the game is close and we blow it open in the 3rd.

14 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

It’s scary to think what our D might do to Fitz. I know Fitz gets it out fast, but Phillips is a beast & Oliver is thirsty for his first sack. My expectations are they play Fitz knowing Rosen will get beat badly against our D. I expect a the game is close and we blow it open in the 3rd.

In that circumstance it’s entirely dependent upon which Fitz shows up; Fitzmagic or Fitztragic. 

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

After this game I'd have to say Why not both?

I changed the channel after Rosen’s 4th sack in the 1st quarter. We may just get both. Fitz actually scares me, you NEVER know what you are going to get. 

26 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Yes definitely we always play our best football in the 3rd Q 

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t subscribe to the myth that playing a young QB is somehow stunting their growth. As if there is a prerequisite time when the opposing defense will be easier to play against, coverages easier to read, and hits easier to take. You can watch as a backup for years, and study until the starter gets injured. But you still have to go into a live game at some point. Rosen has already jumped over that hurdle. He’s already started. Besides, testing Rosen’s mettle only finds out if he’s a diamond in the rough. If not, you have lots of picks and draft position. 

12 hours ago, BmarvB said:

Neither one has a chance on team tank. Rosen is going to be ruined.

This assumes that he was ever going to be any good.

8 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

It’s scary to think what our D might do to Fitz. 

It really is. This is why I want Rosen to play. 

Fitz did the best he could for the Bills and appeared to be a good guy.