Mayfield and Mahomes

vorpma

41 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Since last year I have heard that Mayfield and Mahomes were the new Joe Montana and John Elway and Josh Allen a turnover machine! Looks like Josh is leading in the most important statistic - won loss record!! I also read constantly about the new NFL - pass crazy, showtime, arena football, scoreboards like a pinball machine.  Looks like the mighty KC offense and Andy Reid can get beat by ground and pound offense and great defense - how can this be?

I know Houston ran very successfully today, but claiming they did nothing but “ground and pound” and ignoring how awesome Watson was is bs. He would’ve been a LOT better today by the way if his receivers didn’t drop so many balls. This is why no one takes you seriously.

Just now, FUTURIST said:

No Ring.  Period. They play this sport to win championships, not run up stats.

I see. That's a strange take. It would make Jim Kelly and Dan Marino the equals of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Ryan Tannehill. No ring, no ring after all.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I know Houston ran very successfully today, but claiming they did nothing but “ground and pound” and ignoring how awesome Watson was is bs. He would’ve been a LOT better today by the way if his receivers didn’t drop so many balls. This is why no one takes you seriously.

Aren't you one of those who have criticized other posters as making excuses for saying the exact same thing about Allen?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That's the beat cancer sideline cap?  Looks like the gay pride cap.

http://www.nfl.com/crucialcatch

The National Football League is proud to support the American Cancer Society with their impactful and evolved Crucial Catch initiative that now focuses on risk reduction and early cancer detection more broadly.

You have not noticed every other coach wearing them? (including McDermott last week)

Edited by cd1

Just now, vincec said:

I see. That's a strange take. It would make Jim Kelly and Dan Marino the equals of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Ryan Tannehill. No ring, no ring after all.

It would just make them lesser when comparing them to similar quarterbacks that won championships.  Basically when you compare Aaron Rodgers to a Jim Kelly or Dan Marino he will always be ahead of them.  When Mahomes gets a ring on his finger we can talk about "missing out" on a quarterback in the draft.  The fantasy football crowd has turned statistics into something on par with winning championships. It has become a joke. They don't play to run up fantasy stats.  They play to win championships.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Aren't you one of those who have criticized other posters as making excuses for saying the exact same thing about Allen?

Am I? Depends on how close the throw is and how critical the situation. Watson played excellent; houston didn’t ground n pound is my point. Fuller dropping two tds is just some additional evidence for this guy who clearly didn’t watch the f-ing game. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
Language
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Am I? Depends on how close the throw is and how critical the situation. Watson played excellent; houston didn’t ground n pound is my point. Fuller dropping two tds is just some additional evidence for this guy who clearly didn’t watch the f-ing game..

You are. Who cares who you are talking to. Stop trying to qualify it and have the cahonas and intellectual honesty to own it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The narrative has been those other guys are only good because their receivers bail them out and Allen if you just gave him those receivers he would be the same. The truth is that the Quarterbacks are the stars on those two teams. Allen was majorly hurt by his receivers last year.... but there are plenty of JAGs catching passes on the Chiefs and, especially, the Texans too. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

It would just make them lesser when comparing them to similar quarterbacks that won championships.  Basically when you compare Aaron Rodgers to a Jim Kelly or Dan Marino he will always be ahead of them.  When Mahomes gets a ring on his finger we can talk about "missing out" on a quarterback in the draft.  The fantasy football crowd has turned statistics into something on par with winning championships. It has become a joke. They don't play to run up fantasy stats.  They play to win championships.

Championships are a team achievement. Putting it all on the QBs is ridiculous. Trent Dilfer, Rich Gannon, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler... were all inferior QBs to Kelly and/or Marino. That's a general consensus, which is why Kelly and Marino are in the HOF and the others are not.

6 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Can you win championships if you don’t go to conference championships?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The narrative has been those other guys are only good because their receivers bail them out and Allen if you just gave him those receivers he would be the same. The truth is that the Quarterbacks are the stars on those two teams. Allen was majorly hurt by his receivers last year.... but there are plenty of JAGs catching passes on the Chiefs and, especially, the Texans too. 

I don't dispute that. However, don't discount the argument for one QB and offer it up for another. Be consistent.

• Thank you (+1) 1