Mayfield and Mahomes

vorpma

Since last year I have heard that Mayfield and Mahomes were the new Joe Montana and John Elway and Josh Allen a turnover machine! Looks like Josh is leading in the most important statistic - won loss record!! I also read constantly about the new NFL - pass crazy, showtime, arena football, scoreboards like a pinball machine.  Looks like the mighty KC offense and Andy Reid can get beat by ground and pound offense and great defense - how can this be?

• Like (+1) 3

Methinks Mayfield has been a smidge overrated. Leads the league in turnovers yet every set of QB rankings I see has the guy rated ahead of other QBs who are playing better, JA included. I hate how these pundits cling to their pre-draft evaluations like players can't develop new/different skills in the league. Mayfield could throw six picks in a game but if he wins they'll highlight his good throws and kind of ignore the picks. Allen could go 24 for 30, 390 yards with four TDs and one pick in a victory and the pick would be the focal point. 

What I'm trying to say is the guys who get paid to babble about football are usually turds. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Mahomes has won almost twice as many games as Josh Allen so lol.

History is great but no time like the present!

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

Probably something wrong with me, but I take joy in that they both lost today. ?

I love it - so tired of the TBD crowd that constantly shake poms poms for these two - BringBackOrton!

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Link?

Ya whatever - I know your sad today!

6 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Methinks Mayfield has been a smidge overrated. Leads the league in turnovers yet every set of QB rankings I see has the guy rated ahead of other QBs who are playing better, JA included. I hate how these pundits cling to their pre-draft evaluations like players can't develop new/different skills in the league. Mayfield could throw six picks in a game but if he wins they'll highlight his good throws and kind of ignore the picks. Allen could go 24 for 30, 390 yards with four TDs and one pick in a victory and the pick would be the focal point. 

What I'm trying to say is the guys who get paid to babble about football are usually turds. 

As are many TBD posters!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Um... theres a thread where zeradolt has kc goin undefeated (with their current defense) that was bumped as soon as they lost today.

And my statement has exactly what to do with that thread?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, vorpma said:

I love it - so tired of the TBD crowd that constantly shake poms poms for these two - BringBackOrton!

I don't know what "your" talking about. 

My boy NFL MVP Russell Wilson had another huge day.

Return to your X-box and Hot Pocket, son...

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, vorpma said:

As are many TBD posters!

If your goal is celebrate every QB who is better than Josh Allen losing, you’re going to be making A LOT of topics.

26 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Since last year I have heard that Mayfield and Mahomes were the new Joe Montana and John Elway and Josh Allen a turnover machine! Looks like Josh is leading in the most important statistic - won loss record!! I also read constantly about the new NFL - pass crazy, showtime, arena football, scoreboards like a pinball machine.  Looks like the mighty KC offense and Andy Reid can get beat by ground and pound offense and great defense - how can this be?

I’m not sure ground and pound with great defense is what comes to mind for houston. I didn’t see today’s game yet though.

11 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

If your goal is celebrate every QB who is better than Josh Allen losing, you’re going to be making A LOT of topics.

Better than your goal of just celebrating every quarterback as better than Allen....

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Mahomes has won almost twice as many games as Josh Allen so lol.

Allen will win a Super Bowl before Mahomes.  That is the only game that matters when comparing quarterbacks.  Ring or no ring.  Period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I realize this is exaggeration on purpose, but Josh has been never come close to a game that good, and Baker hasn't had a game that bad. You can't say this at all.