Around the NFL: Week 6 Sunday Game Thread

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I feel shame.

You shouldn't.  You provided accurate and timely medical information.

But if it makes you feel any better, I can call you an idiot.  

1 minute ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Browns game had the same crew we had against the Pats. They are absolutely horrible

@Sundancer  Here you go.  Keep defending this hill.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

True.  Pretty sure it's still a penalty.

The problem with so many of these PI calls is, even if they aren't PI because the pass is uncatchable or was on a WR who wasn't involved in the play, is they are STILL PENALTIES. Maybe they aren't a PI, but they are illegal contact or holding, etc. WTF is wrong with the officials? In fact today is one of the first times I've ever heard the announcer question the non-call in the Chief's game.

Oh and one more tangentially related thing. There have been complaints about some PI calls not being reversed that seem pretty clear. I agree with some of the criticism. But one article was complaining that they would only reverse the call in the event:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/13/cardinals-get-a-touchdown-after-riveron-again-shows-a-high-replay-standard/

"Only plays that are absolutely, positively, no-doubt wrong are to be overturned."

Um, Duh! Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Edited by The Dean

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Its probably in here somewhere but wasnt digging through 42 pages

Why did the Buccaneers get a free kick for a field goal because the guy caught the ball with a fair catch??

Little known/unused rule

If you fair catch a kick, you have the option to go for a Free Kick where you line up for a field goal like you would a kickoff where the defense is 10 yards back and the kicker gets a running start to hit it off a tee.

Atleast that's what I read yesterday about it.

• Like (+1) 1