Around the NFL: Week 6 Sunday Game Thread

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

At this point every HC has tried it and all are aware of challenges around the league. The message has been sent::do not challenge these calls unless it’s the playoffs and it’s blatantly obvious. I definitely understand why: it’s a horrible idea that was put in only to placate the Saints and to ensure it never happens again. Seriously, imagine if they were overturning these calls? The game would be bordering on unwatchable because they let things go all the time, even if it’s technically against the rules. It would be like allowing challenges on uncalled offensive holding. It happens on most every play. 

Then the NFL is obligated to send out an official memo outlining how they plan to determine these calls. Anything less is misleading both the coaches and fans.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Mahomes and Watson are great because they are great.

I don't disagree. The point last year was that if Mahomes or Watson had the Bills receiving group last year they would have looked bad. Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones were our top 2. That has to be a historically bad duo.

Just now, HappyDays said:

I don't disagree. The point last year was that if Mahomes or Watson had the Bills receiving group last year they would have looked bad. Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones were our top 2. That has to be a historically bad duo.

Yes that is a historically bad duo. And I was saying that at the time. But these two QBs would have made the best of it because they are that talented. 

1 minute ago, sodbuster said:

Then the NFL is obligated to send out an official memo outlining how they plan to determine these calls. Anything less is misleading both the coaches and fans.

They’ll never say it publicly, but it’s obvious to fans and coaches after these first weeks. Coaches won’t bother as they’ll get the message and won’t waste a TO. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

At this point every HC has tried it and all are aware of challenges around the league. The message has been sent::do not challenge these calls unless it’s the playoffs and it’s blatantly obvious. I definitely understand why: it’s a horrible idea that was put in only to placate the Saints and to ensure it never happens again. Seriously, imagine if they were overturning these calls? The game would be bordering on unwatchable because they let things go all the time, even if it’s technically against the rules. It would be like allowing challenges on uncalled offensive holding. It happens on most every play. 

which is why they should have never done it to begin with 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You obviously misunderstood the specific for the general. These two Quarterbacks make their receivers contrary to what a lot of Bills fans want to believe. 

But you just said Hopkins, Kelce, and Hill are elite. They are elite regardless of who the QB is. That doesn't change how good Mahomes and Watson have been. They are all reliant on each other.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

You obviously misunderstood the specific for the general. These two Quarterbacks make their receivers contrary to what a lot of Bills fans want to believe. 

You made a general, not specific statement.  "These two quarterbacks" is specific.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Quarterbacks make the receivers. Not the other way around. 

Is not specific.  

I didn't misunderstand.  You just have the English skills of a woodchuck.  Say what you mean, don't blame others when you're unclear.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

NE is going to curb stomp KC

That will be a “ don’t bother watching “ game. Last year’s were not bad except that the wrong team got the ball last. Both times!

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

which is why they should have never done it to begin with 

I agree, but they caved and wanted to ensure they never had to look so inept in the playoffs again.

Edited by Boatdrinks

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But these two QBs would have made the best of it because they are that talented. 

Disagree. Kelvin Benjamin didn't fit into the KC offense any better than he fit in here. He dropped an easy TD and I think that was the last time he saw the field.

Just now, HappyDays said:

But you just said Hopkins, Kelce, and Hill are elite. They are elite regardless of who the QB is. That doesn't change how good Mahomes and Watson have been. They are all reliant on each other.

But they make plays with the other guys too. None of whom are any more than JAGs. Look at Watson turning this nobody tight end into a playmaker. Or Mahomes and that Hardman guy. 

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You made a general, not specific statement.  "These two quarterbacks" is specific.

Is not specific.  

I didn't misunderstand.  You just have the English skills of a woodchuck.  Say what you mean, don't blame others when you're unclear.

I think if you read that sentence in context of the full post it makes perfect sense.