Around the NFL: Week 6 Sunday Game Thread

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yes and in a game where the Texans are dropping passes he has a 65 passer rating. I think the point still stands. Not that they're only good because of their receivers but that given the Bills receivers last year any QB would have looked terrible.

The point does not still stand. Mahomes and Watson are great because they are great. Hopkins, Kelce and Hill are elite the rest are JAGs. The Quarterbacks make the receivers. Not the other way around. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The point does not still stand. Mahomes and Watson are great because they are great. Hopkins, Kelce and Hill are elite the rest are JAGs. The Quarterbacks make the receivers. Not the other way around. 

You didn't see Golden Tate the other night, did you?  Or Zay Jones...ever.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

NFL is unwatchable. There are flags on a third of all plays. And it's not the refs overcalling things. It's the players jumping Offside, grabbing guys, and hitting late. 

This is what happens when you let the union set the practice rules.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

You didn't see Golden Tate the other night, did you?  Or Zay Jones...ever.

Zay Jones wouldn't catch it regardless of who throws it. 

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

I didn't see the first but that last non-call on Kelce was terrible and should have been overturned.

The first was a clear pick by KC. Challenged by Houston. Call stood. 

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

not sure why they even added the challenge for pass interference  I think I've seen one overturned all year

At this point every HC has tried it and all are aware of challenges around the league. The message has been sent::do not challenge these calls unless it’s the playoffs and it’s blatantly obvious. I definitely understand why: it’s a horrible idea that was put in only to placate the Saints and to ensure it never happens again. Seriously, imagine if they were overturning these calls? The game would be bordering on unwatchable because they let things go all the time, even if it’s technically against the rules. It would be like allowing challenges on uncalled offensive holding. It happens on most every play. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

It took me three minutes to get you to go back on "the quarterback makes the receivers."  :lol:

You obviously misunderstood the specific for the general. These two Quarterbacks make their receivers contrary to what a lot of Bills fans want to believe.