Around the NFL: Week 6 Sunday Game Thread

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Just ask yourself how Watson would look on KC and Mahomes on Houston...  

The way KC’s OL is getting Mahomes banged up, and the way KC has no pass rush to smack around Watson.... I think we’re seeing the answer. 

Also, most of Mahomes yards are off a jump ball and a bunch of screens. 

Watson took 62 sacks last year and still went 11-5. I can only imagine him behind KC O-line. He can sling the ball anywhere on the field (long, short and medium) with accuracy and can run/scramble amazing.

Edited by Real McCoy

11 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Watson took 62 sacks last year and still went 11-5. I can only imagine him behind KC )-line. He can sling the ball anywhere on the field (long, short and medium) with accuracy and can run/scramble amazing.

I completely get Whaley and McD being totally unsure about Mahomes during that draft. A lot of teams were. Doesn’t make it right, but there were concerns. What I’m shocked by is not taking Watson. He was a great college QB who played huge in the biggest games. A winner. Ball speed thing was overblown. Some guys win and are just good players. I bet if Whaley wasn’t neutered during that draft, Watson would’ve been a consideration for that pick. Idk for sure, but seems like it. 

For the record, before everyone roasts me, I’m a big JA supporter and completely fine with him. Just making an observation. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

So Chiefs get the ball back on their 20 after Texans have scored to bring them within one. Less than 30 seconds left in the half. Patrick Mahomes has a bad ankle. What does Andy Reid dial up? 

A deep-drop pass play. Mahomes gets crushed, fumbles, Texans get the ball on the Chiefs' three yard line, score to go ahead 23-17. 

Idiocy, thy name is Andy Reid.  

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

And at least 8 if not 10 teams can beat the Bills too. I think Bills can get to 10 or 11 wins easy with Baltimore and Browns games being the difference between making the playoffs or not

10 or 11 wins easy?

this is the ***** NFL

did you just start watching football last week

easy.... WTF...

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

They often are. Never flashy, just hyper-efficient. 

Lot of season left, though.

Patriots are mentally strong when challenged. They make less mistakes. Less glaring weaknesses.

I get the sense with KC they can be vulnerable when challenged. Amazing when on it but I still think mahomes is unreal.

Edited by london_bills

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I completely get Whaley and McD being totally unsure about Mahomes during that draft. A lot of teams were. Doesn’t make it right, but there were concerns. What I’m shocked by is not taking Watson. He was a great college QB who played huge in the biggest games. A winner. Ball speed thing was overblown. Some guys win and are good players. I bet if Whaley wasn’t neutered during that draft, Watson would’ve been a consideration for that pick. Idk for sure, but seems like it. 

For the record, before everyone roasts me, I’m a big JA supporter and completely fine with him. Just making an observation. 

Uh oh don’t say this. People gonna start hating Watson too now.

6 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I completely get Whaley and McD being totally unsure about Mahomes during that draft. A lot of teams were. Doesn’t make it right, but there were concerns. What I’m shocked by is not taking Watson. He was a great college QB who played huge in the biggest games. A winner. Ball speed thing was overblown. Some guys win and are good players. I bet if Whaley wasn’t neutered during that draft, Watson would’ve been a consideration for that pick. Idk for sure, but seems like it. 

Watson was 100% the pick I wanted made at #10 as well that day.

I'm also a big time Allen supporter and don't try to bring Watson as TBD guys get pissed --> see constant Mahomes threads. 

There was a ton of Watson love from Whaley pre-draft as well. His nuts were definitely cutoff draft day by McD.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/4/8/15225118/buffalo-bills-doug-whaley-possibly-in-love-with-deshaun-watson-nfl-draft-2017

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2