At 4-1, what are your record and playoff expectations? [edited title]

ny33

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah Eagles are the toughest game and possibly the Browns if they can figure out how to pull their head from their ass.

The Browns and Eagles are certainly capable of beating us, but we're capable of beating them too. 

All depends on which Eagles/Browns team shows up that particular week.

8 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

Don't sleep on Denver, they handled the titans better than we did

If they played in Denver, I'd call it a toss up, but at Home, the Bills have the edge. Definitely a game where TOs will most likely determine the outcome.

9 hours ago, Stallions said:

Why Not?

A very solid roster, 4 games at HOME, the 'D', excellent coaching and Josh coming into his own!

because shite happens.  I'm overly optimistic because of who we play and where. 

Week 7   Miami  W

Week 8  Philadelphia  Hard to tell how good they really are 

Week 9  Washington W

Week 10 at Cleveland  I want to put a  W here .... but then I don't want to jinx it  :censored: Mayfield and OBJ

Week 11 at Miami  W

Week 12 Denver  W

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I had told my wife before the season that a 9-2 start was most likely start ( loss to either Philly or Cleveland) but 11-5 final. At this point I expect a 12-4 final record and hopefully more.

I had 12-4 to 14-2 as my prediction.   Some called me crazy (I am) for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I had 12-4 to 14-2 as my preddiction.   Some called me crazy (I am) for it. 

I had the Bills at 8-8. The process is moving ahead of schedule. It is happening now! They are showing much more resilience and determination than I expected at this point.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

Glad to see where we are at now. 

But...we havent blown anyone out. 

Jets/Titans. FG kickers could have put us away, but we were fortunate.

Bless the defense man. Lord Bless them. They are fantastic. 

But if we want to be a real contender we are just going to have to see more from the offense. 

If we are going to keep playing every week down to the wire, we are going to start seeing some losses we dont want to see against lower tier teams.We stole one from the jets and titans...there will be weeks we get games taken away from us if we cannot get the ball rolling offensively. 

Im still reserved/pessimistic lol. Just waiting for the offense to get this team into contender status. 

We played a real contender in the Patriots and yes, we lost, but it was a very close game and we forced one of Tom Brady's worst career games. They've been blowing everyone else out.

I think what people are excited about is that we face a lot of bad teams this year. Yes, our team is good, not great. But our schedule is so favorable that it's not a stretch to believe we'll win lots of games and make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

We played a real contender in the Patriots and yes, we lost, but it was a very close game and we forced one of Tom Brady's worst career games. They've been blowing everyone else out.

I think what people are excited about is that we face a lot of bad teams this year. Yes, our team is good, not great. But our schedule is so favorable that it's not a stretch to believe we'll win lots of games and make the playoffs.

I think youre right about this. If you told me in August... Wed most likely be a wildcard team id be really happy about the improvement between last year and this year.

I really only wanted to see this team be better than last year. Never expected much to be honest. Certainly did not expect this defense to be that good.

A top defense and a top 10 offense in yardage all while a young team with a lot of new pieces is coming together looks good to me. 

We also add Singletary, Kroft, Foster and Duke into the fold now.

I am concerned with 3rd quarters, the lack of scoring given our offensive outputs and turnovers but those are, at least, correctable. 

I agree. The team certainly has the talent and coaching to win these games, they show serious grit as a team.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

6 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Glad to see where we are at now. 

But...we havent blown anyone out. 

Jets/Titans. FG kickers could have put us away, but we were fortunate.

Bless the defense man. Lord Bless them. They are fantastic. 

But if we want to be a real contender we are just going to have to see more from the offense. 

If we are going to keep playing every week down to the wire, we are going to start seeing some losses we dont want to see against lower tier teams.We stole one from the jets and titans...there will be weeks we get games taken away from us if we cannot get the ball rolling offensively. 

Im still reserved/pessimistic lol. Just waiting for the offense to get this team into contender status. 

We "stole" nothing from the Jets and Titans.  Those teams are both at least decent (I think the Jets are better than decent), but we were the better team in both games and we got the wins that we deserved.  

There is no "number of blowouts" tiebreaker in playoff seeding.

While I would like to see us score more -- who wouldn't? -- I disagree that we can't be a contender without more offense.  If we can score 20 points every game, that's enough to go 13-3 or so and win playoff games on the road.  The only team in our conference that I don't think we can reliably hold to fewer than 20 points is Kansas City, but even that is do-able.  Heck, the Colts did it.

And besides, there is every reason to expect our offense to get better as the season goes along.  We have a young QB who is still developing, and nine (!) of our offensive starters are new to to the team this year.  We haven't seen the best of this unit yet.  

i'd say yes, but not by much.

wins over the next 3 games and we have every reason to be high on the team, 2-1 and there could be a few questions, 1-2 big questions, 0-3 and we were totally fake.

we need allen to make plays and not turn the ball over, and everything else basically stay the same to be a top tier team.

It's the best Bill's team in 20 years.  Why throw a wet blanket on it?  I think playoffs and more are in play this year.  There is not a game on the schedule that if they play well they do not win.  It's a great thing.  I'm going to my first game in probably 5 years this season.  They are a real football team.  They are a real contender.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

We "stole" nothing from the Jets and Titans.  Those teams are both at least decent (I think the Jets are better than decent), but we were the better team in both games and we got the wins that we deserved.  

There is no "number of blowouts" tiebreaker in playoff seeding.

While I would like to see us score more -- who wouldn't? -- I disagree that we can't be a contender without more offense.  If we can score 20 points every game, that's enough to go 13-3 or so and win playoff games on the road.  The only team in our conference that I don't think we can reliably hold to fewer than 20 points is Kansas City, but even that is do-able.  Heck, the Colts did it.

And besides, there is every reason to expect our offense to get better as the season goes along.  We have a young QB who is still developing, and nine (!) of our offensive starters are new to to the team this year.  We haven't seen the best of this unit yet.  

I respectfully disagree with everything you said except the last statement. 

I really hope to see continued improvement offensively.