At 4-1, what are your record and playoff expectations? [edited title]

ny33

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Praying will do no good.  God, like Coach McD, expects you to put in effort.

I make killer nachos, along with Sahlens dogs and my (self) award winning chili. If we fail, it’s NOT on me! 

I’ve learned to keep it simple on game days. You may be able to guess why.....

1 hour ago, KayAdams said:

The Broncos are my Sealy Posturepedic. Flacco is going to lay a voluminous turd against the Buffalo defense. 10-1, entering Thanksgiving weekend. The way the AFC is shaking out, that may be enough to clinch a playoff spot. My vegan-themed Thanksgiving meal is going to taste SOOO good while I watch Oliver and Phillips collapse the pocket onto Prescott over and over and over again.

I like the way you think. Denver won't roll over but I feel good with it being at home.  Fond memories of Flacco throwing 2 I believe 4th qtr ints trying to make a comeback before he went to Denver.   Plus a Thanksgiving massacre of the cowpokes makes for a very happy holiday. 

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes after Bills beat up their team.  

They currently have the #4 defense, Von Miller, an experienced QB, and a RB that can get chunk yardage. IMO that game depends on Allen not throwing hero ball interceptions. It could be tighter than a lot of people seem to think. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It’s amazing looking at the position they e put themselves in: 

even if they go 4-2 through this stretch (a conservative estimate) they’d be 8-3 and positioned quite nicely for a wild card at minimum.

The last 5 games will be a challenge though.

I EXPECT the Bills to win their next 6 games!

Why Not?

Equally, though ... why?

Your expectation is actually a guess. And a very optimistic one. Nothing wrong with that, except confusing guesses with something that should happen.

It could happen. The odds are well against it.

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think 5-1 or 4-2 is more realistic during that stretch.  Philly, @Cleveland, Denver will all be tough games 

Yeah, a much more reasonable guess.

Edited by Thurman#1

5 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Next six weeks:

Week 7   Miami

Week 8  Philadelphia

Week 9  Washington

Week 10 at Cleveland

Week 11 at Miami

Week 12 Denver

They're all winnable, staying healthy will be important.  Of these, Philadelphia will be a challenge; they're an up and down team who has the potential to lay an egg, just as much as they have the potential to be a dangerous team.  Certainly would be huge to sweep the upcoming six with 4 of the 6 at home.  The next game after that is Thanksgiving at Dallas.

Should be doable and even if we don't i fully expect to be in the playoffs. Cant wait till every year will be a playoff year like back in the 90s

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Dallas won't be an easy game, but a loss to them is not a given.  They certainly have their weaknesses and if you can limit Zeke, they will struggle.  I hope Dallas doesn't find their groove and get hot in the next six weeks.

I would have taken that game if it was in Buffalo,  It is in Dallas and on Thanksgiving.  Usually the home teams are dominant on that day. 

1 hour ago, ColeB said:

The last 5 games will be a challenge though.

Yes.  Especially 3 of the 5 are on the road  (@Dallas,  @Steelers, @Patriots)

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

4-2 over that stretch seems possible, 3-3 is perhaps likely. A seven game winning streak is pretty tough, even for the heavyweights. 

Stay positive now! 

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm wondering why this thread wasn't locked, because the other side of the coin (a post that took a lot more effort to make) was. I wasn't involved in that thread, but it seems to me like this thread is only open because it is positive. Seems like pessimistic viewpoints are against the code of conduct on this forum.

Sometimes other fans don't like or can't handle factual perspectives on games or future games. 

Let's just take a dose of reality here. Josh is playin better, but he's still had several fumbles and 6 picks in 5 games. The D has played well to this point, but the offense needs to continue improving. 11-18 is the combined W/L record of our opponents. We lost to the only team we've played that has a winning record and none of the others have won more than 2 games so far.

We are definitely playing better, but we still have an awful lot to prove -- especially Josh. If we can go 4-2, we'll be 8-3 heading into Dec. I'd be thrilled with that even with our super easy schedule.