At 4-1, what are your record and playoff expectations? [edited title]

ny33

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, I misunderstood.  If we beat NE and go 12-4 - well, it could happen.  I like the thought, but i do think it’s kind of crazy.

Well, I'm kind of crazy!!  And the Texans are showing us right now why it's very realistic that they could beat NE.

Bills, assuming no major injuries, two most difficult remaining games are @ Dallas on a short week, and then Ravens at Home   11 days later. Eagles could compete, but they have a bunch of injuries today.  Steelers not sure what to predict, Tomlin will always have a plan.  The schedule gods are smiling on the Bills this year.

Would be interesting in Foxboro week 16 if Bills are 14-1 and Patsy's are 15-0. Suspect 42 yo TB will not be wanting to play all of the 16 game schedule, and might take a beating or two along the way.

Edited by BearNorth

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

NE D is much better I think.  Not going to let Houston get away with all the stuff they did today.  But I give you the props that it is possible.

I agree that NE's D is better.  But I also think that NE's O line will have difficulty keeping Marcia off of her back, or at least making hurried passes.

This is the third 4-1 of the last 20 years, the first two cratered in a patented Billsy fashion

its fun to have them winning and some optimism, hope Allen stays healthy and if he does they should get a Wild Card spot 

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Cleveland, yes them, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh all look like toss up's. The results of these 3 games will be very telling. Go 2-1 here and it's most likely a successful season.

Pittsburgh? A toss up? Geez man. Sure they could give a great effort and the bills could lose that game but a toss up? No friggin way... they’ll most likely be 1-5 after tonight. 

If thats a toss up type of game we need to be worried about our team... I agree with the others. Cleveland gave that game away today. They’ll be a challenge and may figure things out by week 10 

30 minutes ago, row_33 said:

This is the third 4-1 of the last 20 years, the first two cratered in a patented Billsy fashion

its fun to have them winning and some optimism, hope Allen stays healthy and if he does they should get a Wild Card spot 

What’s the point of bringing up the first part of this post if you believe in the 2nd portion? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Pittsburgh? A toss up? Geez man. Sure they could give a great effort and the bills could lose that game but a toss up? No friggin way... they’ll most likely be 1-5 after tonight. 

Going into Pittsburgh is not a game I see as some kind of guaranteed victory. I'm sure the line won't be any more than 3 or 4 either way.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Going into Pittsburgh is not a game I see as some kind of guaranteed victory. I'm sure the line won't be any more than 3 or 4 either way.

Didn’t say guaranteed. but a toss up? Against a 1-4 team?... I’ve been to that stadium during a down year for Stiller’s before. Those fans thin out realllllll quick. Ticket prices have already dropped significantly for that game. It’s not a good team. 

I fully expect to be no less than 6 pt favorites in that. Which would be saying something beings the home team always gets 3. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Hasn't changed much at all. I was expecting to be 4-1 at this point. I was a 10-6 guy before the season. I may lean now closer to 11-5. I also thought they would be the number one overall defense. 

Only thing that has changed from my preseason prediction is the injury to Roethlisberger. I had the Pit game chalked up as a loss originally.

Honestly, I think we can win every game remaining on our schedule. We are as good as, if not better than every one of those teams. But I'm aware that it's the NFL... And going back to that "football cliches" thread.... Any given Sunday. 11-5 it is.

Edited by CLTbills

16 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

The schedule is looking as weak as ever. However, I don't trust this offense, and there will be games where the defense doesn't show up.

8 or 9 wins I think.

I straight up anticipate us making the playoffs as a wild card team, but don't think we can win a playoff game on the road in a harsh environment against a solid team. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

10-6 with wins against the Fins twice, Skins, Broncos, Ravens, and Jets.

I would say 11-5, but unlike years past, I cannot easily predict who the Bills would lose to. This is a different team, winning in various ways and showing many faces. 

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

I would say 11-5, but unlike years past, I cannot easily predict who the Bills would lose to. This is a different team, winning in various ways and showing many faces. 

I just don't trust this offense against tough defenses on the road yet.  I hope they can earn my trust :)