At 4-1, what are your record and playoff expectations? [edited title]

ny33

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agreed 100%.  I would go further to say that in the Dregs of Larry Fitzgerald plus Christian Kirk, Rosen had significantly more to work with at WR than Allen did with Zay Jones and Kelvin Benjamin, and that I thought our OL performed worse than the Cardinals (we may have had slightly better players, but they performed worse).  The only negative Rosen had that Allen did not, was the same OC all through the season instead of having his QB coach pulled into the OC role partway through.  But Allen had a WR coach as his QB coach, so maybe that's a wash - though Culley seems to be doing OK in Baltimore so far.

Basically the above is the reason I changed from being a "wrong Josh" to a "right Josh"er:

Allen had the same or less to work with than Rosen did on offense, and he did more with it.  There is no doubt in my mind that Allen raised the level of play and elevated the team around him, and that's what a QB who can develop into "the Man" needs to be able to do. 

And that's why a statement like "Allen is going to lose us more games than he wins" simply can't be supported.

..."quite inviting" isn't it Hap?.......if you're a collegiate QB coming out and Bflo is in the draft mix, stay in school and get your PhD versus facing THIS "Welcoming Committee (COUGH)".......imagine if Peyton started his 3-13 career in Bflo?......there would be a GoFundMe page for his UBER ride outta town....quickly...SMH.....

W. vs. Mia (5-1)  0-4

W. vs. Phi (6-1)    3-2

W. vs. Wash. (7-1) 5-0

W. @ Cle. (8-1)   2-3

W @ Mia (9-1)    0-4

W vs. Den. (10-1) 1-4

L @ Dal. (10-2)     3-2

W vs Bal. (11-2) 3-2

W @ Pitt. (12-2) 1-4

L @ NE (12-3)     5-0

W vs. NYJ (13-3) 0-4

I think we will be 9-2 or 10-1 on Thanksgiving.

I believe we will beat the Cowboys on thanksgiving.  

And with that being said I think 13-3 becomes a real possibility.  We only have 4 challenging games left (Phi, Dal, Balt, NE).  And I think we go no worse than 2-2 in those games.  Every other game on our schedule is one we absolutely should win.  Doesn’t mean we do, but those are games where we will be decisively the better team on the field.  

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Actually, yes. As I said, most NFL teams  stumble sometime in a 16 game season with a head scratching loss. That game  would qualify for sure. Hopefully the Bills are immune to this and maintain laser-like focus. 

Exactly. Every year we lose games we expect to win. In the past that has meant us being mediocre and losing to a bad team.   This year it means us being good and losing to a mediocre team.  But I guarantee one of those Ws that everyone chalks up will go down as a L.  And that’s fine, I think we have the room for that to happen once, but maybe not twice.  

10-6 Wild Card 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

W. vs. Mia (5-1)  0-4

L. vs. Phi (5-2)    3-2

W. vs. Wash. (6-2) 5-0

W. @ Cle. (7-2)   2-3

W @ Mia (8-2)    0-4

W vs. Den. (9-2) 1-4

L @ Dal. (9-3)     3-2

W vs Bal. (10-3) 3-2

W @ Pitt. (11-3) 1-4

L @ NE (11-4)     5-0

W vs. NYJ (12-4) 0-4

I'm looking at it more from a "Bills defense vs. QBs who are not that good," perspective.

The three losses are against (QBs) Wentz, Prescott and Brady.

I consider all of the WINS above as games the Bills actually should win, bringing us to 12-4.  If we can steal one from PHI, DAL or NE, that brings us to 13-3 and I think that wins the division.

I don't think 12-4 taking the division is a crazy thought.  If we can beat NE in NE (tough task) and beat them in a tie-breaker, that would be sweet.  I can't see NE going any worse than 12-4.

Baltimore will be tough

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think we will be 9-2 or 10-1 on Thanksgiving.

I believe we will beat the Cowboys on thanksgiving.  

And with that being said I think 13-3 becomes a real possibility.  We only have 4 challenging games left (Phi, Dal, Balt, NE).  And I think we go no worse than 2-2 in those games.  Every other game on our schedule is one we absolutely should win.  Doesn’t mean we do, but those are games where we will be decisively the better team on the field.  

Very wishful thinking to say we are "decisively better" than the Browns. C'mon.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

BUF, KC, HOU, DAL, PHI can all beat NE.  If Baltimore had a good QB, I'd add them.  But I can't see them beating NE.

So I repeat: you have us losing to NE at NE, then you say 12-4 taking the division for us isn’t a crazy thought.

If we take the division at 12-4 but lose to NE, that means 5 *different* teams beat NE.

I think KC, Hou, Dal, Phi and Bal can in theory beat the Pats on a good day.  But that they all do - well, we’ll see.

IMO the Bills will not win the division until and unless they can at least split with the Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I repeat: you have us losing to NE at NE, then you say 12-4 taking the division for us isn’t a crazy thought.

If we take the division at 12-4 but lose to NE, that means 5 *different* teams beat NE.

I think KC, Hou, Dal, Phi and Bal can in theory beat the Pats on a good day.  But that they all do - well, we’ll see.

IMO the Bills will not win the division until and unless they can at least split with the Pats.

I also said that if we can steal one of the losses I had for us, we'd be at 13-3.

My 12-4 winning the division scenario included the Bills beating New England.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I also said that if we can steal one of the losses I had for us, we'd be at 13-3.

My 12-4 winning the division scenario included the Bills beating New England.

Oh, I misunderstood.  If we beat NE and go 12-4 - well, it could happen.  I like the thought, but i do think it’s kind of crazy.