OJ Howard on the Trade Block?

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hard Knox, I love it! 

But he needs to catch and hang on to the ball.

...Knox and Sweeney have the potential to be our next Pete and Keith......been a long, LONG time coming......and maybe Croft gets healthy......stay tuned.....

6 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

gonna be real interesting to see how much rope some posters around here give knox if he keeps up with the consistent drops. 

The drops are one thing but I think he gets some slack because he’s a rookie and has shown a lot of potential. If the drops continue and the big plays decline, then yeah I think there will be complaining.

Winston is and has been the problem there. Tb will never be successful with him as QB. On his last interception yesterday OJ is open and instead Winston throws to a covered receiver. Winston thinks he is the greatest player out there. He is too stupid to realize how bad he is.

On 10/13/2019 at 8:45 AM, pop gun said:

Lets trade for everybody and sign all free agents then maybe these stupid threads will stop.

Ya the only thing more annoying is people complaing in the comment section when they could very easily just move on. News flash, its a discussion board.  Not " what does pop gun want to talk about today", other people want to discuss too

Edited by BillsMafia13

I loved him in the draft. He was breaking out last year before he got hurt. Arians’ offense doesn’t really use TEs and Brate is another good one. I don’t know why the Bucs would trade him when his value is so low but I’d love him here. I think he can still be a star. Also, I’d take Brate too.  He’s good.

In all honesty, nothing against Howard as a player, but between Kroft, Knox and Sweeney - the Bills don't need another pass-catching TE. They need OL / LB and another boundary WR. Additionally, I think LB / OL are much better served at this point in the season.

• Like (+1) 1

I am not sure if this is a rumor or speculation but I think Howard would be an excellent pickup for a 5th and a 7th round pick or a backup throw in instead of a 7th. Howard has become invisible in Tampa and hasn't had that breakout season (2018 he looked to ascending into a top 5 TE but injury cut his season short.) I think as a reclamation project he fits what the Bills need which is a more dynamic receiving threat at the tight end position. I love Knox but he isn't ready to be a consistent receiving threat at the tight end position. I think Knox would be better off served by being in a backup/utility role. I think Sweeney is also more of a reserve player. 

I don't know if OJ Howard has any issues off the field. But assuming he doesn't (I haven't read anything negative on him) I don't see why he wouldn't fit the process and help Josh develop both short and long term. I wouldn't overpay for him as I think with a regime good at drafting you have to value draft picks but I would give up a mid-round pick plus something else for him, the dude is only 24 and has played well at times, he has 1 year plus a 5th year option on his rookie deal remaining after this season. 

I think Knox and Sweeney still develop with him on the roster too as I think there are plenty of snaps to get Knox several touches and Sweeney can stay as depth. I don't think Tampa is ready to give up on him but if they are I would put in a big on him. 

19 hours ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Ya the only thing more annoying is people complaing in the comment section when they could very easily just move on. News flash, its a discussion board.  Not " what does pop gun want to talk about today", other people want to discuss too

Hmmm.....couldn't move on as you say, I see! Pot, black, kettle, or something!

Go Bills!

If we can get Howard for a mid-round pick, i'm all for it.  We don't know if Kroft can stay healthy and Howard is an upgrade to Sweeney. 

Did Daboll's time at Bama coincide with Howard at all?

Edited by SCBills

I think there’s no chance that the Bills trade for Howard. I’m not even sure they would sign him off the street if he were cut.

i just don’t see them cutting Kroft, Smith, or Knox. It would mean they would cut Sweeney to make room for him, and then reduce the PT of Knox, who has looked really good when given the chance. Seems unlikely. 

18 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I am not sure if this is a rumor or speculation but I think Howard would be an excellent pickup for a 5th and a 7th round pick or a backup throw in instead of a 7th. Howard has become invisible in Tampa and hasn't had that breakout season (2018 he looked to ascending into a top 5 TE but injury cut his season short.) I think as a reclamation project he fits what the Bills need which is a more dynamic receiving threat at the tight end position. I love Knox but he isn't ready to be a consistent receiving threat at the tight end position. I think Knox would be better off served by being in a backup/utility role. I think Sweeney is also more of a reserve player. 

I don't know if OJ Howard has any issues off the field. But assuming he doesn't (I haven't read anything negative on him) I don't see why he wouldn't fit the process and help Josh develop both short and long term. I wouldn't overpay for him as I think with a regime good at drafting you have to value draft picks but I would give up a mid-round pick plus something else for him, the dude is only 24 and has played well at times, he has 1 year plus a 5th year option on his rookie deal remaining after this season. 

I think Knox and Sweeney still develop with him on the roster too as I think there are plenty of snaps to get Knox several touches and Sweeney can stay as depth. I don't think Tampa is ready to give up on him but if they are I would put in a big on him. 

Hey, I wish we could do that but it would be insane to trade a former 1st rounder who is 24 for a 5th or lower.  

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I think there’s no chance that the Bills trade for Howard. I’m not even sure they would sign him off the street if he were cut.

i just don’t see them cutting Kroft, Smith, or Knox. It would mean they would cut Sweeney to make room for him, and then reduce the PT of Knox, who has looked really good when given the chance. Seems unlikely. 

Well, that would be dumb.  I like those guys but Howard is so much talented than all of them combined. TB is a pretty stupid organization. I could easily see Howard having an Ebron rebirth on another team. 

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hey, I wish we could do that but it would be insane to trade a former 1st rounder who is 24 for a 5th or lower.  

Well, that would be dumb.  I like those guys but Howard is so much talented than all of them combined. TB is a pretty stupid organization. I could easily see Howard having an Ebron rebirth on another team. 

it would definitely mean they have to pull the plug on one of our current TEs. I guess they Could always IR Kroft and cut their losses on him— but the staff seems really high on him.

Howard and Knox could be a dynamic duo for years to come. Kroft is useless, Sweeney is not ready, and Smith is pretty one dimensional. Two young and talented tight ends would be awesome. Have no idea if he is available or at what cost but I would take him over Kroft any day.

• Like (+1) 1

You knew this was going to happen. Thank God the Bucs said no and I hope they continue to.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/21/lamar-jackson-ravens-jalen-ramsey-rams-jacoby-brissett-frank-reich-colts-mmqb

The Patriots’ decision to bring Benjamin Watson back after Matt LaCosse went to IR only further illustrates the team’s problems at Rob Gronkowski’s old spot. Eight days until the trade deadline. New England already asked, and was told no on, Buccaneers tight end OJ Howard. I’d expect they’ll be turning over rocks this week at the position.