2 trades to win this years super bowl...but at what cost

Hebert19

7 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

So we’re getting von Miller for a mid 20’s first rounder? Sounds good. Which end spot is he playing? We cutting Hughes playing time more? Or Lawson who has arguably been the most impactful on the line? I don’t think he helps this defense as a linebacker dropping into coverage.  I mean I get it, he’s Von Miller, but I’ve always been the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” kinda person. On top of the fact that there’s zero chance the broncos are letting him go that cheaply. At minimum they would have to get 2 first rounders for him. 

Yeah man, I’d hate for Shaq Lawson to lose playing time for Von Miller. Good take.

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah man, I’d hate for Shaq Lawson to lose playing time for Von Miller. Good take.

It's a top-3 defense that is winning games.  It held the Patriots to 10 points.  And you think the defensive roster needs to be tweaked?  

Von Miller would be expensive acquisition for what can only be a marginal improvement.  The only way to appreciably improve this defense is for the offense to score more than 18 ppg.  Trading for Von Miller is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard on this board, and that includes the Sumerian history of the sexy peach emoji.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

It's a top-3 defense that is winning games.  It held the Patriots to 10 points.  And you think the defensive roster needs to be tweaked?  

Von Miller would be expensive acquisition for what can only be a marginal improvement.  The only way to appreciably improve this defense is for the offense to score more than 18 ppg.  Trading for Von Miller is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard on this board, and that includes the Sumerian history of the sexy peach emoji.

Do you remember the team that won the 2015 Super Bowl? They didn’t have a “top 3” defense, they had a top 1 defense. They won the Super Bowl with a tomato can at QB. 

Why is it such a problem to improve a good unit to you? Is there any doubt we are going to draft an EDGE player high next year anyway? Why not use that pick for a HoF EDGE player right now when we’re 4-1 and we can actually make our defense elite?

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Do you remember the team that won the 2015 Super Bowl? They didn’t have a “top 3” defense, they had a top 1 defense. They won the Super Bowl with a tomato can at QB. 

Why is it such a problem to improve a good unit to you? Is there any doubt we are going to draft an EDGE player high next year anyway? Why not use that pick for a HoF EDGE player right now when we’re 4-1 and we can actually make our defense elite?

And why'd you cherry-pick 2015?   Because that was the last time a #1 defense won.  And they had Von Miller. 

Is that really your argument for trading for Von Miller?  Cherry-picking the only Superbowl he was in, with a #1 defense, and ignoring the other #1 defenses that didn't make it to Superbowl, and all the other defenses without Von Miller that did win Superbowls?  Is this the best argument you can make for trading for Von Miller?  

Please tell me it is your best argument.  Because this bull#### is hilarious:lol: 

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And why'd you cherry-pick 2015?   Because that was the last time a #1 defense won.  And they had Von Miller. 

Is that really your argument for trading for Von Miller?  Cherry-picking the only Superbowl he was in, with a #1 defense, and ignoring the other #1 defenses that didn't make it to Superbowl, and all the other defenses without Von Miller that did win Superbowls?  Is this the best argument you can make for trading for Von Miller?  

Please tell me it is your best argument.  Because this bull#### is hilarious:lol: 

Aw man I guess drawing conclusions is a little tough for you. Lemme help you out.

I “cherry picked” the  2015 Broncos because:

Every other team that has played in the Super Bowl since 2015 has had a top 5 offense. The Bills in 2019 do not have a top 5 offense. The Broncos in 2015 did not have a top 5 offense.

Every other team that has played in the Super Bowl since 2015 had EXCELLENT QB play. Brady, Goff, Wentz/Foles, Ryan, Newton all played EXTREMELY WELL in the regular season and most of the postseason. Even sometimes in the Super Bowl. Every single one of those QB’s had incredible TD:INT ratios. Bar napkin math would suggest that aggregation wise, their average was in the 3:1 or 4:1 range. The 2019 Bills DO NOT have a QB playing that well or a QB who has demonstrated they can play that well consistently. In fact, we have a QB with a 5:7 TD:INT so far. Not a single one of those teams had QB’s who threw more INT’s than TD’s. But do you know what team did? That’s right, the 2015 Broncos. Old big dumb corpse Peyton threw 9:17 in the regular season.

And so what was the blue print for the Broncos in the postseason? Ride that defense. They had two HoF pass rushers off the edge and they dominated teams, sometimes without blitzing much at all. They had excellent DB play with Talib, and Harris and Ward. We don’t have one HoF pass rusher but we fit the rest of the blue print pretty closely. Hughes is good, but playing across a Von Miller would open his game up.

Does the above mean we are guaranteed a Super Bowl if we get Von Miller? Of course not. It’s football not a ***** peer reviewed study. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Does the above mean we are guaranteed a Super Bowl if we get Von Miller? Of course not. It’s football not a ***** peer reviewed study. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

And you're the only one making that argument.  

Just now, DC Tom said:

And you're the only one making that argument.  

No, I’m not.

That’s your counter argument. “Are you seriously saying that we should do something because it worked one time for the Broncos!!!!!!!”

I know it’s hard to hear, but you can make that same ***** counterargument for every move in the NFL. “We shouldn’t do X because it only worked one time and other times it didn’t work!!!!”

We know dude. You lose. Now go get your ***** shinebox.

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

No, I’m not.

That’s your counter argument. “Are you seriously saying that we should do something because it worked one time for the Broncos!!!!!!!”

I know it’s hard to hear, but you can make that same ***** counterargument for every move in the NFL. “We shouldn’t do X because it only worked one time and other times it didn’t work!!!!”

We know dude. You lose. Now go get your ***** shinebox.

Okay, just to humor you, I'll pretend you didn't just make the "Von Miller won in 2005 so we should trade for him because he's not Shaq Lawson" argument, and indulge this idiocy seriously.

Explain to me, using X's and O's to describe how he fits into the Bills' defensive scheme, how that scheme has to be modified, and how he works with the players around him, how Von Miller improves the Bills defense from #3 to #1 in both points allowed and yards per game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Elway is not tanking and trading Von Miller.  He surely is not doing it for a 20+ 1 round pick.

Trading Miller with Chubb on IR would be tanking in the eyes of Denver Bronco fans and that is not in their makeup.

You are making a unrealistic argument.  Why not go for Mack for a 1st and 2nd while you are at it?

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Elway is not tanking and trading Von Miller.  He surely is not doing it for a 20+ 1 round pick.

Trading Miller with Chubb on IR would be tanking in the eyes of Denver Bronco fans and that is not in their makeup.

You are making a unrealistic argument.  Why not go for Mack for a 1st and 2nd while you are at it?

Yeah nice apples to apples comparison. Mack on the Bears in his 20s to Von on the terrible Broncos in his 30s.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah nice apples to apples comparison. Mack on the Bears in his 20s to Von on the terrible Broncos in his 30s.

It was sarcasm.  Show me your proof that Elway is going to trade Miller for a late round 1st.

Show the link.

Never for 2 old guys. Von’s price would set our org back measurably and our defense would be better served finding rush in FA and the draft in the next 2 years. 

There are younger players to be had with better asking prices. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Never for 2 old guys. Von’s price would set our org back measurably and our defense would be better served finding rush in FA and the draft in the next 2 years. 

There are younger players to be had with better asking prices. 

Like the ones we need to resign on our current roster with a healthy cap. 

I 100% agree with you post.

If we could get AJ Green, Von Miller, and Trent Williams we could possibly make the superbowl.

Of course, Allen would probably still piss the season away with god awful QBing but at least we would have a shot to overcome even his shittiness. 

Edited by dayman
  • Haha (+1) 1