2 trades to win this years super bowl...but at what cost

Hebert19

9 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

But Green is 31 and on the decline.  Von is also on the decline.  Splashy names but do they fit "The Process?"  If not, don't plan on seeing them.  As someone said earlier.  Beane is building a dynasty.....not a one year wonder......my humble $0.02

Not long term.  1 year.  Win superbowl and didn't impact future 

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Next year and the year after is the real question.  

The list is here.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/yearly/cap/

Barkley, J. Phillips, Gore (if he keeps playing), Yeldon, Robert, Mckenzie, Foster, Nsekhe, Feliciano, Spain, Dawkins (likely a big increase making 1.1m right now), Shaq, Lorax, Milano (another big payday making 600k right now), Poyer (making 3m but will probably be around 5-6m), Wallace.  I added a few guys that might not be on the team and left off a bunch of back up replaceable players but I'd say about 90% of that list is looking at a new contract over the next 2 years. 

Again.  1 year.  Think 1 year. 

52 minutes ago, Success said:

Allen is too young to go all in on one year.   JMHO.

I hope Beane doesn’t go splashy or short term, and I don’t think he will.  I think he wants to be legendary, and that means building a sustainable model.

And as fans, we are the clear beneficiaries.

I agree. I think Beane will be conservative with trading any of our future high draft pick (Rnds 1-3) but I wouldn’t mind seeing some creative player for player and and low draft picks (Rnds 4-7) trades if they improve our team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

Fine, 1 year.  Sure.  Why not?  If I was playing Madden I would make that deal.

Long term, no.  They have the cap space but most GMs don't look at 1 year.  They look long term.  

49 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

I actually don't mind the idea of moving our 1st for a WR. We are going to draft one next year in the 1st anyqay, why not guarantee we get ourselvea a good one?

You dont trade a 1st for one at 30 yrs old. Trade a 1st for one say 24-25...sure.

• Like (+1) 2

I like Von but not sure how much he elevates the defense. Besides Elway said no deal. 

AJG- absolutely... if it’s 2013. He’s even if he is  available for a Trade, he struggles to be available for the games. 

I woul love to see any of these possibilities... as slim as they may be: 

E Sanders

Diggs 

Devante Parker 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

12 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Not long term.  1 year.  Win superbowl and didn't impact future 

And NOTHING Guarantees a SB win - NOTHING......just wishful thinking.....besides Green aint going NOWHERE for a 3rd round pick.

1 hour ago, Success said:

Allen is too young to go all in on one year.   JMHO.

I hope Beane doesn’t go splashy or short term, and I don’t think he will.  I think he wants to be legendary, and that means building a sustainable model.

And as fans, we are the clear beneficiaries.

Ben Roethlisberger went 15-1 and made it to an afc championship game. Tom Brady...well.. you know... also Russell Wilson..

Edited by Bills!Win!

17 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Next year and the year after is the real question.  

The list is here.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/yearly/cap/

Barkley, J. Phillips, Gore (if he keeps playing), Yeldon, Robert, Mckenzie, Foster, Nsekhe, Feliciano, Spain, Dawkins (likely a big increase making 1.1m right now), Shaq, Lorax, Milano (another big payday making 600k right now), Poyer (making 3m but will probably be around 5-6m), Wallace.  I added a few guys that might not be on the team and left off a bunch of back up replaceable players but I'd say about 90% of that list is looking at a new contract over the next 2 years. 

I think they want to really go at it next season if they do well this season.  They have cap room before thry need to pay to resign their CBs and QB.

they also don’t want to give up a 1st next year.

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Long term, no.  They have the cap space but most GMs don't look at 1 year.  They look long term.  

We are still in good shape long term that's best part.  Nothing changes and we have cap space. 

We lose 1 year of draft picks for a chance to win superbowl. 

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Remember when the Eagles traded for a couple pieces and then won the Super Bowl?

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

So. Here is my question.  If you take current team and add AJ green and von miller...could we win the superbowl?  I say yes. 

So what would the cost be?  My guess is a first and a 3rd.  Maybe we swap some later picks too.  

If so.  And we believe allen is the guy.  And we have our D under contract next year.  We have our 2 receivers under contract as well as our tight ends.  We also have singletary.  We also have a ton of cap room.  

So the core of this team...which is pretty good will be back next year no matter what and yes we will have less draft picks but we have money to add pieces via free agency again on short term contracts.  So nothing lost really.  

If you could make these trades knowing that this team is still a 10-6 team next year...would you make a run at the cost of a top WR and lineman in the draft?

Keep in mind.  We will be picking mid 20s likely so the picks aren't slam dunks.  

To me.  We need to try and win it this year.  

Quite a few different iconed responses to this! Interesting question.

Allen had a meltdown against the patriots, his biggest game yet. Came back well against the titans but he's not championship material yet. I still don't know what we are going to get from him one game to the next right now. So even at the QB position not close to good enough to win a Superbowl right now. 

Edited by london_bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1