NFL analyst predicts Buffalo Bills will play New England Patriots in AFC Championship Game

A few NFL analysts and hosts are already on the Buffalo Bills bandwagon.

Adam Schein predicted in the offseason that the Bills were playoff bound. NFL Network’s Michael Robinson took it one step further by predicting that the Bills would win the AFC East this season. It appears that Schein and Robinson are going to have to make room on the Bills bandwagon for NFL Network analyst and former Pro Bowl defensive back DeAngelo Hall.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/10/nfl-analyst-predicts-buffalo-bills-will-play-new-england-patriots-in-afc-championship-game.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This whole scenario is likely not even possible. They Very likely playoff seeding will have Buffalo as 5th seed and NE 1st. KC probably 2nd seed. For Buffalo to get through the Wildcard they would have to beat the 4th Seed, toss up between West and South right now. That would make Buffalo the lowest ranking seed to make the second round unless the 6th seed pulls off an upset and wins too. NE by default plays the lowest remaining seed in round 2, which if my scenario plays out would be Buffalo. So AFC Championship would not include Bills and Patriots, Divisional round is much more likely at this point. Even if Buffalo Finished 1st and NE 5th. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is sorta funny because earlier this year he totally scoffed at robinsons notion they could challenged in the AFC. 

13 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

This whole scenario is likely not even possible. They Very likely playoff seeding will have Buffalo as 5th seed and NE 1st. KC probably 2nd seed. For Buffalo to get through the Wildcard they would have to beat the 4th Seed, toss up between West and South right now. That would make Buffalo the lowest ranking seed to make the second round unless the 6th seed pulls off an upset and wins too. NE by default plays the lowest remaining seed in round 2, which if my scenario plays out would be Buffalo. So AFC Championship would not include Bills and Patriots, Divisional round is much more likely at this point. Even if Buffalo Finished 1st and NE 5th. 

It’s very possible. Plenty of 6 seeds have beat 3’s. 

Just last year the the eagles as a 6 beat the Bears. It not some super rare deal 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is sorta funny because earlier this year he totally scoffed at robinsons notion they could challenged in the AFC. 

Just last year the the eagles as a 6 beat the Bears. It not some super rare deal 

Hopefully Buffalo will be seed 1 and it wont matter. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Don't care what they think when it's good. Don't care what they think when it's bad. Just win the games. But to each their own.

Not saying that you do, but I have read quite a few posts about the national attention the Bills are getting, and how they would prefer that they didn't get it. I see the attention as a good thing. They are being recognized for their accomplishments, albeit 5 games worth. However, if the 5 games are enough to raise eyebrows and make analysts take notice, then they must be doing something right and are being viewed as a team that can keep it going. I say bring on the attention as it likely means that they are still riding high. I believe that it also aids in building up the momentum for the team. I think it's awesome and I love reading all the different stories and articles on the national level. 

1 minute ago, FLbills said:

Not saying that you do, but I have read quite a few posts about the national attention the Bills are getting, and how they would prefer that they didn't get it. I see the attention as a good thing. They are being recognized for their accomplishments, albeit 5 games worth. However, if the 5 games are enough to raise eyebrows and make analysts take notice, then they must be doing something right and are being viewed as a team that can keep it going. I say bring on the attention as it likely means that they are still riding high. I believe that it also aids in building up the momentum for the team. I think it's awesome and I love reading all the different stories and articles on the national level. 

I'm certainly not knocking anyone who enjoys positive or even negative press. I used to get a thrill out of so and so recognizing something or other that the Bills were doing well. At this point, I've just lost interest because I don't think they know much more than the average fan.

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm certainly not knocking anyone who enjoys positive or even negative press. I used to get a thrill out of so and so recognizing something or other that the Bills were doing well. At this point, I've just lost interest because I don't think they know much more than the average fan.

23 minutes ago, FLbills said:

@LSHMEABAs a fan, for me anyways, it adds to the experience to see good things on the TV about our squad. Who wouldn’t wanna see good pub on their squad? I’ll take all the coverage I can get... that said, I agree you need to take it lightly. No point in getting too high or too low with it. Just enjoy the ride. 

I agree, @FLbills ... there was a thread started the other day about not wanting the coverage. Uhhhhh no thanks. I’ll take the hype! When a small market squad starts getting media hype it’s because they’ve finally EARNED it. Screw the “under the radar” BS. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

And last year the #6 Colts beat the #3 Texans.  The year before, #6 Atlanta beat the Rams.  

In fact, going back 10 years (all I'm willing to do right now) the #3 seed beats the #6 11 out of 20 games.  Not only is it not rare, it's slightly more likely than not.  

• Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

It is obvious that the Bills appear to be ascending...just how far, no one knows yet for sure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

It is obvious that the Bills appear to be ascending...just how far, no one knows yet for sure.

That was a HUGE win against the Titans for the trajectory of this season. Those are the games the Bills almost always lose. Things are definitely getting better.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, thronethinker said:

They key is if buffalo wins the division...which is possible.

AFC championship is likely 2 of buffalo/New England/ Kansas city

new England 2 non common games look to be harder at Houston, and host KC vs buff win at tennis and host Denver.

week 16 game could be winner gets division title, likely bye, and either 1 or 2 seed. The loser like a 5seedand likrly winn at4 seed thrn have to p,ayatollah  afc east winner or KC and then play the other in afc championship game.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That was a HUGE win against the Titans for the trajectory of this season. Those are the games the Bills almost always lose. Things are definitely getting better.

Yes. It was a very important bounce back win from a very tough loss. Yeah, not long ago, the Bills would have imploded. Instead, they did what good teams do. Dust off, take notes and move on.

• Like (+1) 1