NFL in Nashville

vorpma

Its Vol talk all the time in Knoxville. Granted I guess it should be, its the only game in town. College football seems to be more popular then NFL with people I interact with. However, what is interesting, since UT has been so bad the last few years, most kids under the age of 18 do not like the Vols in football. I'm assuming though theyd be back on the the bandwagon once/if they ever start winning again. (Even if those kids are in their 20s at that point.

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I didn’t see any disrespect toward the Bills fan base at all in the article. Complimentary , in fact. The writer is correct to point out that the Bills haven’t exactly been an iconic franchise that has ( bandwagon) fans all over the place after years of winning. While it’s true that the Cowboys, Steelers etc have those fans everywhere , the writer does seem a bit naive about just how many WNYers have fled south due to high taxes and brutal weather. Not all those Bills fans traveled to Nashville from Buffalo. The Bills have fans all over the southeastern US in particular, and their loyalty comes from their WNY roots. They’re not bandwagon fans following  a big winner rather than root for a team closer to their geographical location. 

Yep. Same thing happens when the Bills play in Charlotte and Miami. There are tons of transplants around those two cities, and all in between. 

Watch the Sabres play when in Nashville, Raleigh, Sunrise, and Tampa Bay. You'll see a bunch of Buffalo fans, and I doubt they all flew or drove down from WNY for the game.

Every time the Bills play in Nashville, there are many Bills fans. A lot probably "local", but it is a tourist destination, so many do come from WNY. Same kind of thing happens with Sens and Habs fans in Buffalo. The Falls is right down the road, so they plan their trip there around a Sabres game against their team. They pack Key Bank to a near split. 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat