NFL in Nashville

vorpma

3 hours ago, vorpma said:

...in Nashville the night before the game most more interested in the outcome of the Vols starting a freshmen quarterback. Not sure how this going to turn out for the Titans and Nashville. 

As Dino used to sing “goin’ back to Houston...Houston...Houston”?

3 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I don't think people realize that the Bills market is far larger than just Buffalo. Yes- Buffalo is a small market but if you bring in Rochester, there is another million people. That puts it on par population wise with Nashville and KC and Pittsburgh. If you factor in Canadian fans it is actually far larger. Then you are talking about a fan base of over three million. That's like Denver. When I travel and watch Bills games and meet fans, lots of them are from Rochester or Ontario south of Buffalo- and that's why they sell out in when there is a 6 win year or show up like in Tennessee. 

Other cities must be shocked when the fans show up like that. The tailgating antics are starting to get a little old and tiresome. Sooner or later someone is going to get paralyzed or hurt. I'm thinking that as the team gets better, the silliness tones down a bit. 

People flat out don't want to recognize Buffalo.  There are over 3 million people in Western and Central New York alone.  At least another 1.5 million between PA's northern tier west of Scranton and southern Ontario.  Time for Buffalo to stop being treated like the red-headed step child of the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

As Dino used to sing “goin’ back to Houston...Houston...Houston”?

Being an ardent AFL fan I can never root for the Titans - they will always be the Oiler's that belong in Houston = George Blanda, Charlie Tolar, Sid Blanks!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I don't think people realize that the Bills market is far larger than just Buffalo. Yes- Buffalo is a small market but if you bring in Rochester, there is another million people. That puts it on par population wise with Nashville and KC and Pittsburgh. If you factor in Canadian fans it is actually far larger. Then you are talking about a fan base of over three million. That's like Denver. When I travel and watch Bills games and meet fans, lots of them are from Rochester or Ontario south of Buffalo- and that's why they sell out in when there is a 6 win year or show up like in Tennessee. 

Other cities must be shocked when the fans show up like that. The tailgating antics are starting to get a little old and tiresome. Sooner or later someone is going to get paralyzed or hurt. I'm thinking that as the team gets better, the silliness tones down a bit. 

All true. There's 7-8 million people within 2 hour's drive. But you can play that game with other cities as well to make them look bigger. The undeniable point is Buffalo is a great NFL market. Period. Great NHL market too. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Being an ardent AFL fan I can never root for the Titans - they will always be the Oiler's that belong in Houston = George Blanda, Charlie Tolar, Sid Blanks!

I feel pretty much the same.  I can't help but feel the Bills played the Oiler's this past Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All true. There's 7-8 million people within 2 hour's drive. But you can play that game with other cities as well to make them look bigger. The undeniable point is Buffalo is a great NFL market. Period. Great NHL market too. 

I don't think that it is as dramatic with quite a number of other teams.  Two hours from Pittsburgh will darn near put you in Cleveland or Cincy depending on direction.  Two hours from Philadelphia will put you very deep into Giants territory depending on direction.  

4 hours ago, vorpma said:

in Nashville the night before the game most more interested in the outcome of the Vols starting a freshmen quarterback. 

You're making me curious.  I know Tenn is the big state school but the local SEC team in Nashville is Vanderbilt, which is private and usually a weak sister in football.  Are you saying Nashville doesn't care about Vandy?

30 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

You're making me curious.  I know Tenn is the big state school but the local SEC team in Nashville is Vanderbilt, which is private and usually a weak sister in football.  Are you saying Nashville doesn't care about Vandy?

They do, but not like the Vols!

55 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I feel pretty much the same.  I can't help but feel the Bills played the Oiler's this past Sunday.

They did in my book and that team will always be the Oilers!

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ironic since the Vols are rarely a factor in the SEC.

Just like we loved the Bills during the drought, they love their SEC teams. 

I lived in Alabama for 19 years before coming home and it was all UA or AU. 

I did, however, start the Rocket City Bills Backers in Huntsville. ? First year we had about 20 WNY’ers. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

Can confirm they do not care about Vanderbilt. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Tell us more about your knowledge of prison inmate behavior.....

That's all I know.  At the time, there were pics posted by TBD peeps in attendance and a handful of TBDers not only acknowledged being there, but bragged about taking part saying, "Jacksonville deserved it."

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That's all I know.  At the time, there were pics posted by TBD peeps in attendance and a handful of TBDers not only acknowledged being there, but bragged about taking part saying, "Jacksonville deserved it."

You said the Bills fans behaved like prison inmates.  Just wondering where you came by your knowledge of how prison inmates behave?

3 hours ago, vorpma said:

Charlie Hennigan too

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You said the Bills fans behaved like prison inmates.  Just wondering where you came by your knowledge of how prison inmates behave?

I have friends who are Corrections Officers.

• Haha (+1) 1