The State of Pre Game and Post Game shows...

4 hours ago, gomper said:

It's like another amateur hour weekend show. I caught it driving last week. GR is so bad now. If this is the future, I weep for all of us. 

Literally one guy was complaining that he wanted to poke his eyeballs out because he "had" to watch this game between these two offenses (Bill's Titans). Maybe you're in the wrong line of work then dude. You said it right, amateur hour.

• Like (+1) 1

Too corny with no substance. The hosts are usually blowhards that just like to hear themselves talk, and if it’s ESPN there will be an emotional piece in about a player’s family member who was killed. The guy sitting at home is just  shaking his heads wanting some X and O’s 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

13 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Literally one guy was complaining that he wanted to poke his eyeballs out because he "had" to watch this game between these two offenses (Bill's Titans). Maybe you're in the wrong line of work then dude. You said it right, amateur hour.

I honestly don't know where the quality control or management is with this station. The morning show is awful and in the afternoon, Bulldog is as lazy as they come. Fine I guess. They have no competition and they obviously don't care. 

However, to be on the Bills radio network, and put such a lame effort into it is appalling. I love Greg Papa, so I listen to the 49'ers broadcast online. That pregame is informative , intelligent, and seamless. I can't say the same for GR. Obviously. 

Where is PSE in all this? How can they allow such a negligent product to represent them? I'd be outraged and demand changes. Maybe they don't know or maybe they don't give a s***. Obviously GR doesn't. 

On 10/12/2019 at 12:16 PM, I am the egg man said:

Same can also be said about gushing gooey game announcers.

Watch most games with volume off when I can.

And to make it all worse they bring in these "Rules Experts" that say nothing of importance and obviously don't want to make statement against a referees call.  So stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/12/2019 at 12:13 PM, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Most of these shows are unwatchable.  They fail to focus on relevant information about the game that you are watching or the games that are in progress.  Having four or five people sitting on a table and all trying to talk or goof around is useless.  I used to enjoy Tom Jackson and Chris Berman on ESPN.

Prime time is back on ESPN+. Sadly, I do pay for ESPN+ because i'm fight fan and it's the only way to get that content. I digress. 

Regardless, Prime time is back and I find myself tuning in Sunday nights to hear Chris and Tom circle the wagons. It lacks some of the old production value but it remains infinitely better than the other shows. It's the most entertaining recap of the days events and it never hurts to hear Chris cheer the Bills on.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/13/2019 at 1:30 AM, Limeaid said:

No ads like on NFL site?  I used to watch highlights there but with latest redesign this year there appears to be ad before each video with ads often longer than video clip.

there are ads, you get a 15 second one after every 2-3 highlights. 

it is annoying for sure, but a cheap and convenient was for me to see the other games plays 

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'll watch the NBC pregame before the night game just to see some highlights but I'm not really listening to the "analysis"

Havent turned on a pregame to watch in years.

Awesome when they flash the final score at the start of a hilite package for a game, that helps defeat the purpose of bothering to watch

The worst is Rex Ryan and Randy Moss together, both screaming, laughing at inane jokes.  Then they go on this long winded "Mossed up".  They created the term "mossed up" and went on and on to talk about how Randy Moss 's name has turned into a word....it want a word until they tried to self promote and morph it into a word.

18 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The worst is Rex Ryan and Randy Moss together, both screaming, laughing at inane jokes.  Then they go on this long winded "Mossed up".  They created the term "mossed up" and went on and on to talk about how Randy Moss 's name has turned into a word....it want a word until they tried to self promote and morph it into a word.

I didn't even know this existed.  There is no circumstance at all under which I would watch/listen to Rex Ryan again for as long as I live.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I didn't even know this existed.  There is no circumstance at all under which I would watch/listen to Rex Ryan again for as long as I live.

Rex Ryan is silly. The guy is not funny anymore...if he ever was.

Just now, Gugny said:

The sound of his voice turns my stomach. 

When I hear him, I still think of his pregame rants. Even my girlfriend, who knows nothing about football, said to me, "Who is that clown, good luck with him"

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:08 AM, WhoTom said:

Pre: I turn it on 2-3 minutes before kickoff.

Halftime show: I might watch just to see scores and highlights from other games, but I'm usually doing something else at the time. 

Then go to YouTube a few hours later and watch the 8-10 minute highlight clip put out by the NFL..........free of needless commentary.