First impression: Rosen for the Phins

37 minutes ago, Reader said:

Can someone help me understand something about Rosen? Didn't both he and Mayfield have off behavior concerns prior to being drafted? It seems like since being drafted I haven't heard a peep from Rosen aside from draft night while Mayfield gets into it with media personalities sometimes. Yet despite that it seems if anything Rosen is judged more harshly. Am I totally off base about that? Was Rosen's behavior and attitude just considerably more abrasive?

I think Rosen was more cocky than behavior issues. He let you know he was good where Mayfield gave another team the bird, grabbed his junk at another team, planted a flag at Ohio State, really tried to make Hue Jackson look like a bad guy for going to the division rival Bengals while Baker switched colleges, in the same conference. He was also arrested for running from the cops, resisting arrest, while drunk. It seems Rosen is working to get better and Mayfield is doing commercials while believing the media hype. The media loves someone who provides click. Mayfield better learn quick the media is not his friend.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

We need to crush his spirit early in this game and not let him build confidence. We are one of the teams he swore to make pay for passing on him in the draft. Let’s not give him that opportunity. 

I understand what you're saying, I think.  But when a guy takes all the media abuse Rosen took prior to the draft, all the abuse his opponents doled out behind that sieve AZ trotted out as a putative OL, and more of the same this season and is still making plays - I got to hand it to him that his spirit is not so easily crushed.

We can, however, do our best to confuse and bemuse him, hurry him, and flush him out so he makes those damn high risk throws that ought to be picked.  Bonus if we pick him.

Then we can keep the ball away and let him stew on the bench.  We can achieve these things.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

As long as the Bills treat the Dolphins like a professional football team, they shouldn't have any problem.  Just don't take them lightly, like it is a scrimmage; I don't see McD or the rest of the team falling into that trap.

There are two things to avoid:

-  Don't assume they are a bad team...and fall into the trap.

-  Assume they are a bad team -   Don't play down to their level and hence make yourself vulnerable.

3 hours ago, Reader said:

Can someone help me understand something about Rosen? Didn't both he and Mayfield have off behavior concerns prior to being drafted? It seems like since being drafted I haven't heard a peep from Rosen aside from draft night while Mayfield gets into it with media personalities sometimes. Yet despite that it seems if anything Rosen is judged more harshly. Am I totally off base about that? Was Rosen's behavior and attitude just considerably more abrasive?

No it is the causes he supports causes people don't like. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so do those 9 teams still feel they made a mistake?

looking forward to the bills D having their chance at annihilating rosen and the fins at home next week.

DSYREmVWAAQxCES.jpg

Nice graphic!

Is there a "Splat the Pats*," or "Blood-let the Jets" equivalent?

Edited by Rocky Landing

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No it is the causes he supports causes people don't like. 

I don't think that's all of it. 

1) He did some stuff that kind of gave off an 'entitled' vibe, like setting up a hot tub in his dorm room.  honestly, I never understood why that was such a deal to folks.  College boy likes to prank the rules and have picture taken in hot tub with pretty girl.  Alert the Media!  They were both wearing suits fercripesake - Maybe that was the problem?

2) There was stuff about him being too know-it-all to coach.  This started back in 2014 with Dilfer's "Elite 11" HS camp.  Dilfer now says Rosen changed and just wants to be great.  I heard nothing about coachability problems out of the Cardinals organization, during a season of turmoil.  And Rosen showed class when they kicked him to the curb.

3) There was stuff about him having a polarizing personality.  Dilfer still says he "rubs people the wrong way" and "half the people who meet him won't like him".  That's great if the half who don't like him are your opponents?   I forget who it was here who knew people who knew Rosen in college and said he just kind of had an attitude, he came off as thinking he's the smartest guy in the room.  I could never tell how real any of that stuff was - some things were just ridiculous like a story of a coach meeting the UCLA volleyball coach and asking about Rosen.  I mean, seriously?  Because women's volleyball coaches probably just spend so much time interacting with star football players, not like they have their own team to coach and train and their own opponents and recruits to scout?  Anyway, promising QB are often said to have that "it" factor that inspires people to follow them.  We've heard it about Josh Allen, "That team would run through a Brick Wall for him"  LJax had veterans quietening the fans during the playoff game when he sucked, so he seems to have it.  Does Rosen have it?  Good question.

4 hours ago, Dopey said:

Career stats so far:

Rosen:

18 games 477 attempts 54.5% completion rate 12 tds and 17 ints. 3.6% int. rate

Allen:

17 games 483 attempts 56.1% completion rate 15 tds and 19 ints. 3.9% int. rate

Guess Allen sucks too?!

Yea, laughable. 

This has got to be just about the worst analysis of two quarterbacks I’ve ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

The Titans game was one kind of test, how to respond to a Patriots loss. The Dolphins game is another kind of test, how not to play down to the level of your competition. In seasons past the Bills routinely failed both kinds of tests. They passed the first test, we'll see what they do with the second.

This.

As for Rosen, I was never a fan of him. But, it would be fun to see him develop and have the three top 10 picks battle it out in the division for years to come; that is, as long as Allen is the consistent winner.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

This has got to be just about the worst analysis of two quarterbacks I’ve ever seen. 

Nah.  You can find that here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001064131/article/qb-index-week-6-russell-wilson-catches-patrick-mahomes

The top 6 or so are OK.  But below #10 or so we're into "psycho-chicken, WTF?" country.  When you have Jared Goff, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Sam Darnold's 1 game, and Daniel Jones ranked above Josh Allen it's pretty hard to understand what the basis is.  The old saw about "once a man gains a reputation as an early riser, he can sleep until noon" comes to mind.

21 hours ago, Dopey said:

Career stats so far:

Rosen:

Allen:

Guess Allen sucks too?!

Yea, laughable. 

Allen definitely looks better when you add the 11 rushing TDs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Dopey said:

Career stats so far:

Rosen:

Allen:

Guess Allen sucks too?!

Yea, laughable. 

Bump

15 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Last week, "Rosen named starter for rest of season".

3 quarters in " Rosen benched for Fitzpatrick". What a dumpster ?.  

Fitz magic TD with time running out, then they go for 2 with that play selection WTF?

Don’t the Fins have a kicker?  

Or did they want to lose?  And if they want to lose, why bench Rosen for Fitzmagic?

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fitz magic TD with time running out, then they go for 2 with that play selection WTF?

Don’t the Fins have a kicker?  

Or did they want to lose?  And if they want to lose, why bench Rosen for Fitzmagic?

They have to try and appear they aren't trying to lose, but still lose on purpose at the end. :thumbsup: