23 hours ago, Dopey said:

Career stats so far:

Rosen:

18 games 477 attempts 54.5% completion rate 12 tds and 17 ints. 3.6% int. rate

Allen:

17 games 483 attempts 56.1% completion rate 15 tds and 19 ints. 3.9% int. rate

Guess Allen sucks too?!

Yea, laughable. 

Kind of leaving out the fact that Rosen is a complete dick.

nfl doesn’t keep track of it, but it’s there.

That a side he has had the most horrible luck and terrible franchises that I have ever seen a prospect have to deal with out of the gate.  a shame that the “the most pro ready” QB of the draft has had it so rough ( honestly I mean that), because his draw has been crappy.  Sure Miami will have a number of draft picks, but undoubtedly one of those is going to be a qb.

...Miami, let the kid go and let him have a shot with a real team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 10/11/2019 at 10:54 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just for the record, bottom line up front: Allen is Right Josh for B'lo, but Rosen is showing some decent play.

Taking impression from this capture of every Rosen throw vs. Cowboys

Rosen's stat line for the game: 20-41 for 229 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT, 3 sacks for 18 yds. 

TOP was pretty equal - Phins 29:04 to Boys 30:56.  The Phins moved the ball, but struggled to convert 3rd downs (3 of 15).

Phins seemed to be playing a fairly disciplined game (not many penalties). 

The big difference in the game was Dallas run game, and not just Zeke but Tony Pollard

OK, my impressions:

1) Rosen is suffering what Allen suffered last year: Lots of WR drops of potentially catchable balls.  His completion % really should have been higher.

2) When given time, Rosen was doing a decent job of standing in, making the right read, and distributing the ball.  He has learned to sling it out fast to the hot read.  Bills need to be prepared to limit what Phins gain from it. 

3) Rosen is far less immobile than he was last year.  Survival skill I guess.  I'm not seeing good movement in the pocket, but to be fair I'm not seeing a lot of pocket to move in much of the time.

4) When he's flushed out of the pocket, Rosen makes dangerous throws into heavy coverage as we've seen from Josh Allen at times.  But this isn't just to a WR who looks open and missing that there's a safety positioned to jump the route - Rosen was slinging it out to double covered WRs, trying to make something happen.  Dumb throws.  Cowboys should have picked him 3-4 times.  Bills DBs should hit the jugs.
5) Anyone who thinks you can't ruin a QB or at least stunt his development as a pro by putting him in a bad situation behind a bad OL and with poor WR, isn't paying attention.

6) Plays I saw, it appeared that the Phins players were trying.  No one seemed to be phoning it in.

All this scouting of Rosen and there’s a good chance he doesn’t even play next week

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Kind of leaving out the fact that Rosen is a complete dick.

nfl doesn’t keep track of it, but it’s there.

That a side he has had the most horrible luck and terrible franchises that I have ever seen a prospect have to deal with out of the gate.  a shame that the “the most pro ready” QB of the draft has had it so rough ( honestly I mean that), because his draw has been crappy.  Sure Miami will have a number of draft picks, but undoubtedly one of those is going to be a qb.

...Miami, let the kid go and let him have a shot with a real team.

I wrote somewhere here he is cocky and in college let people know he's smarter than the next. Yea, he can be a dick. The nfl has a way of humbling that type of person. Ask Mayfield and his 3 more picks today.

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I wrote somewhere here he is cocky and in college let people know he's smarter than the next. Yea, he can be a dick. The nfl has a way of humbling that type of person. Ask Mayfield and his 3 more picks today.

I’ve stated here before that I know people with 2 degrees of separation with the kid.  He is cocky, but he is a real, US grade A jerk.  I couldn’t understand why my one friend never warmed to the Bills taking him and it was because he knows people that have experienced the kid directly.

maybe a good fit somewhere, but not here.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Rosen is bad. No mobility, doesn't sense the pressure well, and he is still the same guy. Say what you want as far as Allen's numbers go, but you can see the progression with him and he is more athletic than Rosen would ever dream of being. This is more than just a "numbers" debate, the eye test tells all. Allen is also clutch where Rosen has done nothing. To try and compare the two is foolish at best, maybe dopey even. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, CSBill said:

This.

As for Rosen, I was never a fan of him. But, it would be fun to see him develop and have the three top 10 picks battle it out in the division for years to come; that is, as long as Allen is the consistent winner.

well, so much for that idea

On 10/12/2019 at 4:32 PM, Dopey said:

Career stats so far:

Rosen:

18 games 477 attempts 54.5% completion rate 12 tds and 17 ints. 3.6% int. rate

Allen:

17 games 483 attempts 56.1% completion rate 15 tds and 19 ints. 3.9% int. rate

Guess Allen sucks too?!

Yea, laughable. 

Did you watch him today?  Shove your foot further down your mouth 

Many 4th quarter comebacks does Rosen have? How many wins does Rosen have so far in his career?  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Rosen is bad. No mobility, doesn't sense the pressure well, and he is still the same guy. Say what you want as far as Allen's numbers go, but you can see the progression with him and he is more athletic than Rosen would ever dream of being. This is more than just a "numbers" debate, the eye test tells all. Allen is also clutch where Rosen has done nothing. To try and compare the two is foolish at best, maybe dopey even. 

I continue to believe what I did draft night. Arnold,Mayfield,Allen in that order. Not sure Rosen is even number four.

17 minutes ago, Radar said:

I continue to believe what I did draft night. Arnold,Mayfield,Allen in that order. Not sure Rosen is even number four.

Right now it's looking like 1a Darnold, 1b Allen, 1c Jackson, 2 Mayfield, fodder = Rosen 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Did you watch him today?  Shove your foot further down your mouth 

Many 4th quarter comebacks does Rosen have? How many wins does Rosen have so far in his career?  

If you've read any of my posts about Allen you would know the Allen sucks part was clearly a joke. Damn, some of you need to take a chill. 

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Oh I hope this is true. I have been drooling over that matchup all year. 

They did name him the starter for the remainder of the season just the other day. Then they bench him today mid-game. So who knows. Pretty sure they don’t know either. If the goal really is to tank and lose I’d say keep Rosen in, I suppose? Really neither of those QBs have a snowball’s chance with the talent around them.