First impression: Rosen for the Phins

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t see McD and the coordinators taking this game lightly, and I seriously doubt we won’t sit on a lead unless we’re up three touchdowns and in the 4th, then run the ball a ton.

...hopefully "trap game" is NO LONGER part of the vocabulary......and eliminating 3rd quarter start flatness is a "work in progress"....will share a true story with no link of BS...ain't my style....it was the game before the London trip...Pegula was watching Sportscenter after a Bflo "L" and where two or three teams started backup QB's who led their clubs to victories....Wrecks & Roman were walking by TP's office and he called them in.....wanting to know "why the hell can't our team do this"?.....they had no answers.....play 60 minutes regardless of the opponent.......

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...hopefully "trap game" is NO LONGER part of the vocabulary......and eliminating 3rd quarter start flatness is a "work in progress"....will share a true story with no link of BS...ain't my style....it was the game before the London trip...Pegula was watching Sportscenter after a Bflo "L" and where two or three teams started backup QB's who led their clubs to victories....Wrecks & Roman were walking by TP's office and he called them in.....wanting to know "why the hell can't our team do this"?.....they had no answers.....play 60 minutes regardless of the opponent.......

Good take Oldtime AFL

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BidsJr said:

Born in Buffalo, went to Iowa and yes this is 100% correct.

My son is graduating this year from Iowa. 

They wear black and yellow colors out of homage to Steelers but man red, white, and blue would be more appropriate... Between Rose Bowls, Super Bowls, tailgating, bad luck, Ronnie Harmon, the style of play... You'd think they were separated at birth from the Bills!

When I first moved to Davenport... My supervisor in Rock Island saw my New York plates the first day of work, the Bills sticker and said: "Yeah, don't feel bad, he (alluding to Ronnie Harmon) blew the Rose Bowl for us too!"

/smh... Then I send my kid there 25 years later.

We should all hope that Rosen doesn't show enough this year to convince the Dolphins to trade out of the top draft pick in April, because they could make an absolute killing if they decide to do so.  As bad as things are in Miami right now, it could turn around pretty quickly if the GM knows what he's doing.  

Edited by mannc

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Btw the players on the Phins are trying. Every guy on that team knows they are auditioning for jobs this year and next. The talent and cohesiveness hasn’t been there yet due to the purging management did. 

I don’t want to see Rosen go for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns against the Bills. This board will be impossible to go to for a week.month

FIFY

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

We should all hope that Rosen doesn't show enough this year to convince the Dolphins to trade out of the top draft pick in April, because they could make an absolute killing if they decide to do so.  As bad as things are in Miami right now, it could turn around pretty quickly if the GM knows what he's doing.  

Who knows what goes on in the mind of a Phish.  When they traded for Rosen, I thought they legit wanted to evaluate him.  When they held a firesale on their OL, I thought "OK, they're tanking".   

Right now, though, it's a 4-way race for the top pick, with a couple of "wild card" contenders lurking.

Considering he was a rookie, didn't have David Johnson last year and has played with one the worst offensive lineups the past 2 seasons, he's done better than I ever considered he would. In my eyes, he was a top 10 pick when he came out. In a more stable situation, I think he would show well. Considering Mitch Trubisky has not thrown a td in 3 of their 4 games played, Chicago might be wise to make a move for him. 

15 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Rosen sucks.. Some of these responses are laughable 

The OP watches actual game tape and provides meaningful analysis of said tape, concluding that Rosen is actually playing pretty well, under very difficult circumstances.  And that’s your response.  

Just go away. 

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Rosen the last two weeks has played really solid football despite being on a total ***** show of a football team. 

We need to crush his spirit early in this game and not let him build confidence. We are one of the teams he swore to make pay for passing on him in the draft. Let’s not give him that opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

We need to crush his spirit early in this game and not let him build confidence. We are one of the teams he swore to make pay for passing on him in the draft. Let’s not give him that opportunity. 

Highly doubt he does, no o line no running game no receivers, and a defense that couldn’t stop a nose bleed frankly he’s playing very well due to how bad the team is around him but he can’t win it all on his own

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting comments about a couple of different things.   

First, although it feels natural to us to underestimate the Dolphins, all of the preparation this guys do each week, every week makes it almost impossible for the players to underestimate them.  They see film, they're drilled to perform certain ways, and they ALWAYS are ready on game day.  It's not like the NBA, where it's pretty clear some guys are unprepared for some games.  The Bills will be ready;.

Of course, the Dolphins will be ready.   If they're in the NFL, they have talent.   The coaching may or may not be getting everything out of the players.   Every season some of the teams who look horrible early on in the season turn it around and play .500 ball or better.   It wouldn't seem that's something the Dolphins will do, but I wouldn't be so sure.  The NFL is strange. 

It's another good test for the Bills.  If they are who we want them to be, the Bills will take control of the game early, build a lead and win comfortably.   Doesn't mean there won't be rough spots in the game, but if the Bills are good, they will control the game.  "Good" means Allen has another 95+ passer rating, playing under control, the running game flashes (ideally with Singletary), and the defense is solid.   Less than that, there will be questions.    

As for Rosen, you can say all you want about how tough it is to play on bad teams, he didn't make enough of an impression to stick in Arizona.   Coaching change, of course, doomed him.  He's not making people rave about him now.   He doesn't have a great body.   I don't see a bright future for him, despite the fact that he will make some big plays and some beautiful plays.   Frankly, I have the same feeling about Mayfield.   I think you have to wait and see about them, and I think Allen is much more likely to be elite than either of them.  

Still, that doesn't mean anyone should take him lightly.  The guy made plays all through college, and he's continued to make plays in the pros.  He's no bust.  

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Highly doubt he does, no o line no running game no receivers, and a defense that couldn’t stop a nose bleed frankly he’s playing very well due to how bad the team is around him but he can’t win it all on his own

And, if you believe Belichick, he'll be up against a defense he can't read pre-snap.   It's a difficult game for him to succeed in. 

• Like (+1) 1

Can someone help me understand something about Rosen? Didn't both he and Mayfield have off behavior concerns prior to being drafted? It seems like since being drafted I haven't heard a peep from Rosen aside from draft night while Mayfield gets into it with media personalities sometimes. Yet despite that it seems if anything Rosen is judged more harshly. Am I totally off base about that? Was Rosen's behavior and attitude just considerably more abrasive?

16 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

That hit on Hurns was Brutal.

Rosen was laying Dimes with crazy drops as OP pointed out.  

If the Game slows down for Rosen by like 300-500ms look out, he actually looked good in this game.

Give him a line and some better WR's and look out. I think the Dolphins should trade him. I don't want to see him if the FO goes Buffalo and gets the right people finally.

It looks very similar to Allen his rookie year in many aspects with Allen with the Wr drops and crap Oline. 

I hope he stays put. I think having both Darnold and Rosen in division is added motivation for JA. 

41 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Rosen sucks.. Some of these responses are laughable 

Career stats so far:

Rosen:

18 games 477 attempts 54.5% completion rate 12 tds and 17 ints. 3.6% int. rate

Allen:

17 games 483 attempts 56.1% completion rate 15 tds and 19 ints. 3.9% int. rate

Guess Allen sucks too?!

Yea, laughable. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Indeed.  QB talent is still thin in the league, and someone will take a shot with him.

He does need to tame down the crazy throws, and I'm not sure Fitz is the mentor to help him there unless it's "do what I say, not what I do"

Uncertain?

It seems to me it was a factor in the Bills Glory Years that they could usually kind of slosh through the AFC E and their AFC opponents.  When a sloppy game is good enough to win, there's less impetus to improve, right?  That's the basis for the saying "Nothing Fails Like Success".  Perhaps if we'd played in a tougher division, we would have put up a better game in the Show.

I get your point, but you see, I am not that teams fan, I do not hope they do well.  That is something for their fans to hope for.  That and the same issue has not phased the patriots in any real way.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply