First impression: Rosen for the Phins

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Me neither. There have been zero signs of that. 

The Titans game was one kind of test, how to respond to a Patriots loss. The Dolphins game is another kind of test, how not to play down to the level of your competition. In seasons past the Bills routinely failed both kinds of tests. They passed the first test, we'll see what they do with the second.

• Like (+1) 2

Rosen has yet to have a team committ to him, such as Buffalo, Cleveland, NY Jets and Baltimore have committed to their's young QB"s. I don't think Rosen's future is in Miami. However, I do believe his future is in the AFC East, with the Patriots.

9 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Rosen has yet to have a team committ to him, such as Buffalo, Cleveland, NY Jets and Baltimore have committed to their's young QB"s. I don't think Rosen's future is in Miami. However, I do believe his future is in the AFC East, with the Patriots.

Of course.. Every players future is with the Patriots right? ?

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If he plays as he has the last two weeks from here on out he will have a backup job next year and at some point in the next 2 or 3 years will get another shot at starting. He has to keep up the consistent level of improvement from the past two weeks. His career depends on it. 

Yup.  He is playing really well right now.  He’s going to get replaced AGAIN by the number one overall pick in 2020, which will make for a fascinating career story especially if he goes on to have a solid career himself.  I think he’d be a great fit as Rivers’ backup and eventual replacement or possibly taking Carr’s job and running Gruden’s offense.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Frankly, I hope  JR does not get any better than he is now, me, I always hope all of our opponents just suck at their jobs all the time. This hoping your opponents get better and become serious competition  is just absurd imo. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

If he plays as he has the last two weeks from here on out he will have a backup job next year and at some point in the next 2 or 3 years will get another shot at starting. He has to keep up the consistent level of improvement from the past two weeks. His career depends on it. 

Ouch

56 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yup.  He is playing really well right now.  He’s going to get replaced AGAIN by the number one overall pick in 2020, which will make for a fascinating career story especially if he goes on to have a solid career himself.  I think he’d be a great fit as Rivers’ backup and eventual replacement or possibly taking Carr’s job and running Gruden’s offense.

Isnt that what Peterman is there for :)

• Haha (+1) 1

The irony here is that Miami has a QB who is developing and growing to the point where he could be a force next year, but if the Dolphins do as expected, they will waste that development and start a rookie next year who will probably go through all the same growing pains.  With a little luck, Miami will fire their head coach after yet another terrible season in 2020 and we can watch the whole hot mess play out again starting in 2021.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like Rosen but I am a realist. 

I agree, he's has some very tough D's in front of him as well. Kid has a very tough road ahead of him. I just hope down the line he doesn't magically pop on the Pat's roster.  I do think he has a shot of being a starter in this league under a real system or team with the right development. 

Edited by Real McCoy
reply double up

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Rosen the last two weeks has played really solid football despite being on a total ***** show of a football team. 

He isn't playing to be the starter for the 2020 Dolphins here, he is playing for his NFL career, and if he can continue to put on tape some of what he has put out there the last two weeks he will get another shot somewhere - maybe not as a starter in 2020 - but somewhere down the road. 

Indeed.  QB talent is still thin in the league, and someone will take a shot with him.

He does need to tame down the crazy throws, and I'm not sure Fitz is the mentor to help him there unless it's "do what I say, not what I do"

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Frankly, I hope  JR does not get any better than he is now, me, I always hope all of our opponents just suck at their jobs all the time. This hoping your opponents get better and become serious competition  is just absurd imo. 

Go Bills!!!

Uncertain?

It seems to me it was a factor in the Bills Glory Years that they could usually kind of slosh through the AFC E and their AFC opponents.  When a sloppy game is good enough to win, there's less impetus to improve, right?  That's the basis for the saying "Nothing Fails Like Success".  Perhaps if we'd played in a tougher division, we would have put up a better game in the Show.

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I am not a fan of Rosen for reasons other than his football skills; however, I am not a hater either. From purely a talent perspective, I always thought Rosen could be successful in this league. He has had the misfortune of landing on, perhaps, the worst team in football in each of his first two years in the league. It would be hard to accurately judge any QB in those situations.

I think he has played well, considering the circumstances and, if things do not improve for him over the remainder of this season, I wonder how much damage these first two years will have caused - both to his psyche and to the perception of his abilities on the part of GMs and coaches around the league?

It's possible his first two years have been the making of him, from the perspective of character. 

One question about him was "does he really want it?  is he committed to football?".  If you see a guy getting hit in the mouth over and over and over again and he's still getting up and giving his all to it, that answers that question.

Another question about him was his mental attitude - is he coachable, is he willing to learn, or does he just always think he's the smartest guy in the room who knows the most about football and turn into an "Alligator Station"?  (great big mouth little bitty ears).  I forget who it was who knew folks who knew Rosen and who explained him as That Guy who would just assume he's the smartest QB in the draft class, and who would be disbelieving when told actually, Allen outscored him by 8 points (thats 16% higher).  I could see that in him.

Well, I promise you, when you're losing and getting slung on your ass every week, your base character comes out in a hurry- are you the guy who blames everyone else, or do you look in the mirror and try to improve what you can control?  And if you have two functional neurons, you figure out fast you have a lot to learn.  Practically speaking, in the QB room with Fitzy, I promise you Rosen is not the smartest guy in the room.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It seems to me it was a factor in the Bills Glory Years that they could usually kind of slosh through the AFC E and their AFC opponents.  When a sloppy game is good enough to win, there's less impetus to improve, right?  That's the basis for the saying "Nothing Fails Like Success".  Perhaps if we'd played in a tougher division, we would have put up a better game in the Show.

I am with you. I don't want the Bills to win because everyone else sucks. I want them to win because this organisation has finally got their decision making process right. I think we are on the right path. I want to see it come to fruition and not just because the competition is below par. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am really interested in watching Rosen this weekend against Washington and then against the Bills.  I will be the first one to admit that when the Commish said Josh on draft night I was hoping it was Rosen. I quickly did a 180 after actually learning about Allen more, instead of listening to a few ‘experts’. 

Rosen has had a tough intro into the league. The Cards like last year was as bad as the Bills. Rosen’s line this year isn’t any better. 

I think the Bills picked the right Josh, but I do think in the NFL anyone can win a game. Bills need to light him up and get some picks. 

Btw the players on the Phins are trying. Every guy on that team knows they are auditioning for jobs this year and next. The talent and cohesiveness hasn’t been there yet due to the purging management did. 

I don’t want to see Rosen go for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns against the Bills. This board will be impossible to go to for a week.

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's so Kirk Ferentz in Iowa.  If there is any college so "Billsy" it's the Hawkeyes.  Snake biten is an understatement!

Born in Buffalo, went to Iowa and yes this is 100% correct.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am with you. I don't want the Bills to win because everyone else sucks. I want them to win because this organisation has finally got their decision making process right. I think we are on the right path. I want to see it come to fruition and not just because the competition is below par. 

....agree GB..."sucking" is usually an annual occurrence except for some "repeat offenders".....how many times did posting prognosticators forecast sweeps of the Jesters and Fins during "the drought"?.....worked out well for us (COUGH).....as for Rosen, I could care less.......soured on him Draft Day with his sniveling hissy fit about "nine mistakes taken before me".....he can rot in his hi-chair as far as I'm concerned.....epitome of "ME".....isn't the adage, "first impression is the LASTING impression"?................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1