Josh Allen visits local High School (Burgard vs Alden) football game

One Buffalo

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I suspect because he’s from a small school. That is a complete guess on my part but seems to make sense...to me, at least. 

Belay my last: 

Allen is the Buffalo Bills’ local ambassador to New Era Cap, and his appearance at Dingboom was part of the NFL’s youth sports initiative with the ball cap company.” 

From the BN today:

https://buffalonews.com/2019/10/11/bills-josh-allen-makes-surprise-visit-at-burgard-alden-football-game/

"Allen is the Buffalo Bills’ local ambassador to New Era Cap, and his appearance at Dingboom was part of the NFL’s youth sports initiative with the ball cap company. "

I suspect, though, that it's still something he chose to do, and it sounds as though he really got into it:

"Alden will recall Motz asking Allen “how is his head (feeling)?” along with Allen reciting the Bulldogs’ team creed with players. .....

Burgard players will remember Allen joining them in a circle in the locker room and jumping up and down, reciting the team’s chant “Dogs in the dog pound, woof!” .........He told them he did well academically in high school but wished he did better in college, where he changed majors.

Allen also provided some inspiration to those who didn’t remember he had to take the junior college route to Division I because he wasn’t highly recruited coming out of high school.

“It’s how much you want it, how bad you want it,” Allen said. “There are different routes to the NFL … it’s not about the destination. It’s about the journey to get there.” "

So yeah, it was a PR-arranged appearance, but done in a way that focused on the HS players and the kind of stuff that means a lot to players, not on media and photo ops.

Still a cool thing to do.

And now we know how Allen usually spends his Friday nights during the season ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Josh is getting better and better at being Josh Allen, franchise QB.  It's like a real good politician, winning voters one handshake or hug at a time.  It is smart to do this for a game involving smaller BPS and suburban schools, imo.

What? No stories about the fights at the Pierce Arrow and building his own party basement? He's got a long way to go.

13 hours ago, White Linen said:

I hope this kid keeps progressing and becomes an excellent QB - because he's got all the other stuff needed to be loved for a long time. 

...class act extraordinaire......kid has really embraced the community.....could have gone home for the bye....nope......McBeane & the Sabres....HS football game.....:thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What? No stories about the fights at the Pierce Arrow and building his own party basement? He's got a long way to go.

Maybe JK advised Josh about what not to do?  Or maybe that's the difference between growing up in Firebaugh/Wyoming vs. East Brady/Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I always wonder if pro players wish for a minute they could strap up and play a game like this... be a man among boys. It’d be fun to watch. 

There probably isn't a kid on either team who could handle the heat on Josh's passes.    He would be knocking those kids down with the ball and the ball would be doinking off their helmets.

But yes, that would be hilarious to watch.

• Haha (+1) 1