Metcalf instead of Ford?

finn

29 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He is a one trick pony that won't last.

Oh, OK.  The evidence so far is that you are wrong.  Anything to offer other than your “eyeball test” (assuming you’ve actually seen him play this year)?

Edited by mannc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

After re-watching the Tennessee game, Ford actually played well in that one (all snaps at RT as far as I could tell).  He got beaten once by a speed rusher, giving up a sack, but that was his only negative play.  Otherwise he was solid.  Hope that's a sign of growth.

Thats a pretty big deal. I remember that play. The guy ran right past him untouched and hit Allen. 

If you’re ok with your offensive linemen giving up a sack like that, even one per game, your offense will have major problems. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Oh, OK.  The evidence so far is that you are wrong.  Anything to offer other than your “eyeball test” (assuming you’ve actually seen him play this year)?

He is inflexible based on his combine results which will lead to injuries like David Boston had and him being out of the NFL within 3 or 4 years.

48 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He is inflexible based on his combine results which will lead to injuries like David Boston had and him being out of the NFL within 3 or 4 years.

You have no idea what you’re talking about and yet you state it as an established fact...

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 10/11/2019 at 7:57 PM, the skycap said:

Metcalf has been that deep threat for Seahawks the Bills are definitely needing now

the guy runs like 2 routes...

The Bills have deep threats in John Brown who ran a 4:34 and he runs all the routes. Foster runs a 4:41 and when healthy he will be back in the lineup.

Ford was projected a first round pick and he has been needed on the line. Where he ends up will be up to him but great OGs are so underrated by everyone.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

the guy runs like 2 routes...

The Bills have deep threats in John Brown who ran a 4:34 and he runs all the routes. Foster runs a 4:41 and when healthy he will be back in the lineup.

Ford was projected a first round pick and he has been needed on the line. Where he ends up will be up to him but great OGs are so underrated by everyone.

Just made a nice sideline catch. Had a couple nice catches earlier. Crossing route for a first down.

Just sealed the game with another sideline catch. @John from Riverside

Edited by Chemical
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Wrong

Also, what about the first one from the game winning drive?

Does it make you feel good to be "right" if Metcalf plays well and Ford does not? 

In other news, I'll be more interested to judge Ford after a season, and when he starts playing the position he appears more suited to. 

Edited by Sundancer

35 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If metcalf ends up being a good player so be it it’s not like I am rooting against him

i am still happy with Ford who at worst solidifies the interior of our offensive line

Agreed. The Bills might be better RIGHT NOW with Metcalf, but I like Ford at guard long term a lot. He mauls people. 

I am fine admitting that Metcalf is much better than I thought he'd be.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:39 AM, matter2003 said:

Boston was out because he was a heavy steroid user (as with Merriman).