Metcalf instead of Ford?

finn

26 minutes ago, finn said:

I'm not usually a big fan of hindsight drafting, and I think Beane et all have done a great job overall drafting high-character, high-motor guys. But I do think they might have whiffed when they drafted Cody Ford instead of WR DK Metcalf in the second round last year. It's too early to be sure, and Ford could eventually become a monster, but we really could use a big, fast receiver like Metcalf, and we already had a nicely developing guard in Wyatt Teller. (Yes, they were/are hoping Ford will be RT, but his feet seem just too slow for that position.) I'll take a whiff in the second for a hit in virtually every other draft spot, but, let's face it, they seem to have blown it in the second. Do you agree? 

Yes they should have taken Metcalf.    His skillset would have been a perfect fit with Allen.   He leads the NFL in ypc and passes thrown to him average 19 air yards......which is A LOT.......for folks who doe-no.   Cody Ford is a guard.   You REALLY gotta' be good at an interior position like guard to be worthy of a first or second round pick.   Those rounds are where you need to get your edge talent(if you aren't drafting a QB)...........you can get good guards in free agency.   

• Like (+1) 4

54 minutes ago, finn said:

I'm not usually a big fan of hindsight drafting, and I think Beane et all have done a great job overall drafting high-character, high-motor guys. But I do think they might have whiffed when they drafted Cody Ford instead of WR DK Metcalf in the second round last year. It's too early to be sure, and Ford could eventually become a monster, but we really could use a big, fast receiver like Metcalf, and we already had a nicely developing guard in Wyatt Teller. (Yes, they were/are hoping Ford will be RT, but his feet seem just too slow for that position.) I'll take a whiff in the second for a hit in virtually every other draft spot, but, let's face it, they seem to have blown it in the second. Do you agree? 

You have decided that he is not good based on one month of football? Especially when he should probably be a guard? Give him some time.

55 minutes ago, finn said:

Do you think every other team whiffed or just us?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

So have you applied to the Bills for the I know more than the staff opening ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 weeks in and now this? Really? Let's give it some time before we decide. This whole "snap-judgement" mindset drives me nuts. Frankly, it doesn't make sense. Talk to me after two years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

I never like the pick then and hate it even more now,  should have taken Metcalf

13 minutes ago, todd said:

5 weeks in and now this? Really? Let's give it some time before we decide. This whole "snap-judgement" mindset drives me nuts. Frankly, it doesn't make sense. Talk to me after two years.

2 years ago I said Bills should have taken Chris Godwin instead of trading up for Zay. 

it was right then and it’s right now. 

loved the Cody Ford pick at the time, but I would have liked Mecalf too, and honestly Metcalf is looking like the better choice after a whopping total of five games.  Let's give Ford a chance to settle in and find a place on the line, and we can address WR next year in a draft stacked at the position.

Edited by BillsFanSD

1 hour ago, Reader said:

Did you guys know we could have drafted Patrick Mahomes?

Tom Brady too... 

• Sad 1

There are Two constants in the universe, 1) hydrogen, 2) stupidity 

Go Bills!!!

It’s not hindsight if you wanted metcalf. He’s playing pretty well. The Bills biggest need is WR for at least two years now and some people here realize that. 

Go go back to the draft threads and you’ll see the same ppl insulting the OP saying they’d like to see what we have in Robert Foster before drafting a WR. Well, he couldn’t beat out Zay Jones in the depth chart to start the season. Go back even further and you may see them say it’s too early to call Zay a bust after one terrible season and an offseason embarrassment. 

Its always too too early to call someone a bust until he’s traded for a future 5th. And then it’s in the past let it go man. 

Look at at how many WR have been drafted for the young QBs in the league. Allen has Zay the year before him and then 6/7th round and undrafted talent. Meanwhile mahomes, Murray, Jackson, etc have multiple young WR drafted with them or after.  

• Like (+1) 1