Reasons to not feel so bad about Patrick Mahomes

Rigotz

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Mahomes is a real talent.  To deny that is silly.  Unfortunately for him he works under a HC who will screw up his chances at a title

The funny thing is Reid can somehow not screw it up and win a SB, he will go down as a great coach. It’s crazy for a game or 2 can do for your legacy.

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

In 20 minutes time of possession yesterday, he threw for 370 yards and 3 TDs (both just above his season average). 

Where he was bad yesterday was the INT. First one of the season. Guess they figured him out finally!

Nothing special indeed. 

I'm pretty sure he threw for 273 yards. 

Also had a fumble.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Provided he can stay on the field.....he is def playing hurt.  Anyone can see it

If it's that bad, they should sit him for the Broncos, then they've got their bye. 

Mahomes at 75% is still an elite QB. 

11 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

To me the real question is whether Allen, Edmunds and Tre White together are better than just having Mahomes

If Allen becomes a top 10 QB, I think it's  close. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Look, Mahomes is great, and I'm sure there are fans here who wanted the Bills to pick him that draft. And right now, there are a ton of franchises that wish they picked him or traded up for him. 

BUT...it was the right decision for the Bills to pass on Mahomes at that time. That's the part that the "we should have picked Mahomes crowd" never seems to acknowledge.

We had a first year defensive head coach. A GM that was about to be fired (what if the next GM doesn't like the QB you picked...instant conflict in the building), you don't trust the current scouting reports you have and haven't scouted the players in depth yourself (from McDermott's perspective), it was considered to be a weak QB class, while the following year's draft when you'd have your new GM was supposed to be a once in a generation QB class, neither Mahomes nor Watson were considered can't miss picks, they knew they were going to have to deconstruct the team first before building it back up (do you want to expose your new QB to that?), and maybe as a first year coach it was hard to put an offensive staff together that you trusted to develop a young QB (Dennison was obviously not McDermott's first choice for OC), McDermott didn't even know his own team yet (his player's strengths or weaknesses, their attitudes, who should stay and who should go), etc.

This team was not ready to pick their franchise QB that year, it's that simple. In hindsight, sure, maybe you pick Mahomes and hope he is mentally tough enough to get through a tough first couple of years as you build around him. But again, it is not like everyone knew Mahomes was going to be as good as he has been either.

People say it all the time, the draft is a crap shoot. And there was no guarantee with Mahomes. Maybe you liked him, but how many other QBs have you liked in drafts over the years that turned out to be busts? McD rightly played the odds at that time, and waited another year for a QB. It was the right call with the information he had and the situation that he was in.

There is a term in friendly poker games called rabbit hunting. It is when a hand is over (maybe you folded) and you ask the dealer to see the next card, just to see if maybe you would have won. The dealer flips the card and its the card you needed to fill your inside straight. Damn, you could have won the pot. But, in reality, you still did the right thing by folding, because 9 out of 10 times you lose that hand. It seems to me that people are forgetting the odds and doing a little rabbit hunting when it comes to Mahomes.

Edited by folz

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

The Bills are a better overall team than KC

Chiefs offense is long bombs to uncovered WR and screen passes

They don't run the ball and their defense is terrible

It’s an interesting argument. The Chiefs look like they score a TD at any moment from anywhere on the field. Their D makes a two score lead late in the 4th seem dicey. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is one of the more stupid posts I have seen for a bit.....tell me this is sarcasm

I feel a large part of this was going to a team that let him sit the year under a HC who knows how to groom QBs then put him into a nice situation

I absolutely do not hate Mahommes.....I think that ppl just discount that going to a certain team situation rather then another one CAN really help a QB along.

Why would it be sarcasm? If you could go back and pick Mahomes in 2017, would you?

If you say no, you’re a bad Bills fan. Period.

11 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Why would it be sarcasm? If you could go back and pick Mahomes in 2017, would you?

I don’t know about that. What if you’d take Deshaun Watson ? He’s incredible. Bad fan ? 

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Who in the F are YOU to be telling someone they are bad bills fan because they didnt follow the plan you wanted.

You are absolutely notorious for your nonsense....but this really takes the cake

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s an interesting argument. The Chiefs look like they score a TD at any moment from anywhere on the field. Their D makes a two score lead late in the 4th seem dicey. 

They're explosive but inconsistent

The key is not to panic. They jumped up 17-3 on the Texans. Then they pretty much stopped scoring.

Just play your game, cover their WR and run the ball. Do that and you have a very good chance to beat them.  They are front runners Oncet they feel pressure they crack. 

Scrappy tough teams win titles. Super team offenses come up short when things get ugly.

Just look at NE. Every Super Bowl they've won they gave been a tough scrappy team that could run and play D. When they became super offense they lost all 3 times.

In both NE Giants Super Bowls NE didn't score more than 17 points. And that's Brady Belichick and the blessing of Satan.

KC has a great young QB and Andy Reid, who I am convinced will always come up just short. Results for KC will be worse than for NE

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

If you went back to 2017 and worried about who you'd pick in the draft, vs.  putting everything you owned on the NBA, Stanley Cup and NFL winners, you are $%^*&*^%#^, period!

40 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Who in the F are YOU to be telling someone they are bad bills fan because they didnt follow the plan you wanted.

You are absolutely notorious for your nonsense....but this really takes the cake

21 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

If you went back to 2017 and worried about who you'd pick in the draft, vs.  putting everything you owned on the NBA, Stanley Cup and NFL winners, you are $%^*&*^%#^, period!

Your silence on the question posed speaks volumes.

• Haha (+1) 1