Reasons to not feel so bad about Patrick Mahomes

Rigotz

19 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Yikes. It’s hard to find a worse comparison. Rivers has one of the worst throwing motions, Mahomes is silky smooth with the ball. 

Yea, throwing off your back foot is silky smooth. Rivers has done more with less than any QB over the past 10 years while Mahomes is chucking off his back foot to some of the best skill players in the NFL all while loosing back to back home games. 

Just now, Yav said:

Yea, throwing off your back foot is silky smooth. Rivers has done more with less than any QB over the past 10 years while Mahomes is chucking off his back foot to some of the best skill players in the NFL all while loosing back to back home games. 

Footwork nonsense. He is deadly accurate with the flick of his wrist. He has shown that he is the exception. Footwork is the reason why many teams passed on him. How did that work out?

Just now, CommonCents said:

Footwork nonsense. He is deadly accurate with the flick of his wrist. He has shown that he is the exception. Footwork is the reason why many teams passed on him. How did that work out?

And his footwork is better now. I was nervous about it coming out and dropped his grade as a result. He has got it to the point where it is a bit more consistent and as you say he is deadly accurate regardless.

33 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

If you don’t wish the Bills had drafted Mahomes instead of Allen, you are not a true fan of the Bills. Because that is the one move that would have cemented a franchise QB for us for the next decade at least.

This is one of the more stupid posts I have seen for a bit.....tell me this is sarcasm

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And his footwork is better now. I was nervous about it coming out and dropped his grade as a result. He has got it to the point where it is a bit more consistent and as you say he is deadly accurate regardless.

I feel a large part of this was going to a team that let him sit the year under a HC who knows how to groom QBs then put him into a nice situation

I absolutely do not hate Mahommes.....I think that ppl just discount that going to a certain team situation rather then another one CAN really help a QB along.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

The NFL is figuring out Mahomes. He is nothing special. 

In 20 minutes time of possession yesterday, he threw for 370 yards and 3 TDs (both just above his season average). 

Where he was bad yesterday was the INT. First one of the season. Guess they figured him out finally!

Nothing special indeed. 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is one of the more stupid posts I have seen for a bit.....tell me this is sarcasm

I feel a large part of this was going to a team that let him sit the year under a HC who knows how to groom QBs then put him into a nice situation

I absolutely do not hate Mahommes.....I think that ppl just discount that going to a certain team situation rather then another one CAN really help a QB along.

Also playing with a top 2 defense instead of one of the worst probably is a good situation for a young QB too.  

12 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

In 20 minutes time of possession yesterday, he threw for 370 yards and 3 TDs (both just above his season average). 

Where he was bad yesterday was the INT. First one of the season. Guess they figured him out finally!

Nothing special indeed. 

And his numbers are actually better so far this year than last. Saying Mahomes is nothing special is ludicrous. 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What does this even mean?  Some of you must have grown up in a much different Buffalo than me.  

Agreed. Seems like a good guy, teammate, and ultimately pretty humble. Haven’t seen anything about him that would make him “ un- Buffalo “ Very weird take. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Agreed. Seems like a good guy, teammate, and ultimately pretty humble. Haven’t seen anything about him that would make him “ un- Buffalo “ Very weird take. 

Such a confusing take.  And even if somehow made sense, how much different is KC than Buffalo? Why is the guy from California (Allen) more of a Buffalo guy? Jim Kelly was from Pittsburgh and hated the idea of coming to Buffalo.  Stevie Johnson was from Oakland and loved Buffalo (though to some, he wasn’t a Buffalo guy).

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Such a confusing take.  And even if somehow made sense, how much different is KC than Buffalo? Why is the guy from California (Allen) more of a Buffalo guy? Jim Kelly was from Pittsburgh and hated the idea of coming to Buffalo.  Stevie Johnson was from Oakland and loved Buffalo (though to some, he wasn’t a Buffalo guy).

Couldn’t agree more. Mahomes seems very down to earth, and yeah KC is closer to a Buffalo than say LA or NYC. Be it interviews or whatever, I don’t see a bit of AB or OBJ in Pat Mahomes. While that draft has been rehashed to death, I can’t see “ fit” or personality, character etc as a reason the Bills wouldn’t draft Mahomes. That had zero to with it imo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, Rigotz said:

Hope this makes you all feel a little better as well.

I have never felt ill about not getting Mahommes, that's a job for the grass is always greener crew. We know why we did what we did. It worked out for us as well as KC IMO

43 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Also playing with a top 2 defense instead of one of the worst probably is a good situation for a young QB too.  

Sure it can...but we are not talking about Josh Allen here.

Josh Allen is not as good as PM yet....that in no way means "true fans" should feel bad about the pick....Josh Allen is playing well with a whole lot of ceiling still left to achieve

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Sure it can...but we are not talking about Josh Allen here.

Josh Allen is not as good as PM yet....that in no way means "true fans" should feel bad about the pick....Josh Allen is playing well with a whole lot of ceiling still left to achieve

But you were kinda putting down what Mahomes is doing. He doesn’t have his LT, pro bowl C, McCoy, Hill, Watkins have been hurt and he’s still producing. Also, his defense is ? so he is under crazy pressure to carry them.

imagine if the Bears drafted him.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But you were kinda putting down what Mahomes is doing. He doesn’t have his LT, pro bowl C, McCoy, Hill, Watkins have been hurt and he’s still producing. Also, his defense is ? so he is under crazy pressure to carry them.

imagine if the Bears drafted him.

No...I was responding to the idiotic post of not being a true fan for not getting Patrick Mahommes....then I was pointing out the fact that PM was drafted into a tailor made situation.

I fully expected PM to come down to earth this year after the gaudy season he had last....doesnt mean he isnt a very good QB...and doesnt mean I cant like what the bills did.