Reasons to not feel so bad about Patrick Mahomes

Rigotz

14 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Ahh the eternal regrets of a Bills fan.  Waiting for someone to  mention how we are still reeling from not picking up Buffalo Native Gronk in the 2nd or Brady in the 5th.

we should have picked gronk but i m not reeling from it. Was just a horrible miss by sleepy Nix.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Rigotz said:

When Pat Mahomes was lighting the world on fire last year, I found myself extremely aggravated that we didn't pick him at #10 in the 2017 NFL draft.

I've never understood this. Who actually thought we were in the market for a QB that year when everyone knew Whaley was on his way out after the draft? At no point did I think we would be taking a QB in the first couple of rounds that year. 

And on top of that, Mahomes was seen as a big risk big reward player. Kind of exactly like Allen and 90% of the board hated the Allen pick at the time because of it.

I'm happy with Allen. And maybe with our great defense and the Chiefs below average defense, Allen can be our Brady to Mahome's, Peyton, over the next decade.

21 hours ago, Bangarang said:

If Allen is great then passing on Mahomes won’t be a big deal. If not then it’ll be like passing on Russell Wilson for TJ Graham.

Which happened in the third round and therefore nobody really cares about. 

Mahomes also has Andy Reid

Don't discount that. 

Plus, Mahomes needs to prove he's able to win when the lights are brightest. Last year he came up short 3 times in huge games: twice vs NE and mnf vs the Rams.

He reminds me of early Peyton Manning. Tons of yards, stats and wins but if the other team can disrupt the wrs KC is done. No defense, very little running game. 

KC isn't going to win ugly. The Bills can. NE can. 

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Mahomes also has Andy Reid

Don't discount that. 

Plus, Mahomes needs to prove he's able to win when the lights are brightest. Last year he came up short 3 times in huge games: twice vs NE and mnf vs the Rams.

He reminds me of early Peyton Manning. Tons of yards, stats and wins but if the other team can disrupt the wrs KC is done. No defense, very little running game. 

KC isn't going to win ugly. The Bills can. NE can. 

Man, if only Bills QB’s were held to the standard of “having something to prove” after losing in the AFCCG to the Pats in their first full season as a starter.

Early Peyton Manning would SUCK! 

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I've never understood this. Who actually thought we were in the market for a QB that year when everyone knew Whaley was on his way out after the draft? At no point did I think we would be taking a QB in the first couple of rounds that year. 

And on top of that, Mahomes was seen as a big risk big reward player. Kind of exactly like Allen and 90% of the board hated the Allen pick at the time because of it.

I'm happy with Allen. And maybe with our great defense and the Chiefs below average defense, Allen can be our Brady to Mahome's, Peyton, over the next decade.

Which happened in the third round and therefore nobody really cares about. 

We should have been in the market for QB because Tyrod had proven he sucked, most of our team was on their way out, and a rebuild was upon us. 

It made sense to me to grab Watson and spend 2017 developing him, maybe win 5-6 games, and then reload in 2018 for a push. McD took an extra year on the rebuild.

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

Sorry, no one, not even Andy Reid knew he would be as good as he is. Another Brady-like unicorn.

0-1 in crucial games so far, the Pats totally stole that playoff game last year 

no surprise Andy lost another one....

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Early Peyton Manning would SUCK! 

We should have been in the market for QB because Tyrod had proven he sucked, most of our team was on their way out, and a rebuild was upon us. 

To me it never mattered how bad Tyrod sucked. We were starting the rebuild without a franchise QB. We had no GM! And McDermott is a defensive coach. Nobody on the staff was going to be green lighted to make that decision.

Didn't make sense at the time which is why i really couldn't care less passing on Mahomes or Watson.

38 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

To me it never mattered how bad Tyrod sucked. We were starting the rebuild without a franchise QB. We had no GM! And McDermott is a defensive coach. Nobody on the staff was going to be green lighted to make that decision.

Didn't make sense at the time which is why i really couldn't care less passing on Mahomes or Watson.

“Starting a rebuild without a QB” is the worst plan of all the plans in the NFL.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:24 PM, Bangarang said:

If Allen is great then passing on Mahomes won’t be a big deal. If not then it’ll be like passing on Russell Wilson for TJ Graham.

My take is, if Allen leads the Bills to a Super Bowl win, then it won't be a big deal. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TPS said:

My take is, if Allen leads the Bills to a Super Bowl win, then it won't be a big deal. 

Right. I think it's pretty unlikely Allen is ever as good as Mahomes. That may not go over well, but it's REALITY. However, if Allen is a legit franchise QB, it really won't matter in the grand scheme of things. THAT is the ultimate question concern WRT to the Bills franchise. Yes, if they could go back in time, they'd almost certainly draft Mahomes. Blaming this guy or that guy doesn't matter at this point. What matters is that Allen becomes "the guy" here. Whatever happens in KC is their business.

Edited by LSHMEAB

7 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

“Starting a rebuild without a QB” is the worst plan of all the plans in the NFL.

Because it worked out so terribly for us? Top five defense two years running.

We got our stud QB. 

And so far Mahomes looks destined to be another Peyton. Great offense that is consistently beat by more complete teams like the Pats and Bills and even the present day Colts.