Reasons to not feel so bad about Patrick Mahomes

Rigotz

When Pat Mahomes was lighting the world on fire last year, I found myself extremely aggravated that we didn't pick him at #10 in the 2017 NFL draft.

This year, I've found peace with the idea that he's not on our team and here are the top 10 reasons why:

1. With the first pick in the 2017 draft, the Cleveland Browns (who needed a QB) didn't take Mahomes.

2. With the second pick in the draft, the Chicago Bears TRADED UP to take Mitch Trubisky.

3. With the fourth pick in the draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars, who needed a QB, took Leonard Fournette.

4. With the fifth pick in the draft, the Tennessee Titans stuck with Marcus Mariotta and took Corey Davis instead.

5. With the sixth pick in the draft, the Jets (lol), who needed a QB, took Jamal Adams

6. With the 7th pick in the draft, the Chargers took Mike Williams instead of an heir to Phil Rivers.

7. With the 9th pick in the draft, the Bengals picked John Ross instead of Patrick Mahomes.

8. All of these same teams ALSO passed on Deshaun Watson.

9. Yes, we traded down and didn't get Mahomes, but we DID get Tre White and a future first round pick.

10. That future first round pick (combined with others) turned into Josh Allen, who at the very least has more upside at QB than anyone we've had in a long time.

Hope this makes you all feel a little better as well.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I like me some Josh Allen, but he currently isn't the dime that P-M is. 

Josh is a fun "7" currently. I'll take a "10" all day and night (crazy dimes need not apply).

I really don't want this to turn into a Josh Allen vs Patrick Mahomes thread.

Lets kill that before it happens please.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I like me some Josh Allen, but he currently isn't the dime that P-M is. 

Josh is a fun "7" currently. I'll take a "10" all day and night (crazy dimes need not apply).

I’d say Allen is a crazy 7. You never know what you’ll get. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

His mere existence rid us of Zerovolt AND Jeffysmagic.  All hail Mahomes!!!

Zerovoltz is still around.  Jeffismagic is gone; after the Bills passed on Mahomes, he couldn't take it any more and left after the draft.  I remember the non stop lobbying for Mahomes...just relentless.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
23 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

When Pat Mahomes was lighting the world on fire last year, I found myself extremely aggravated that we didn't pick him at #10 in the 2017 NFL draft.

This year, I've found peace with the idea that he's not on our team and here are the top 10 reasons why:

1. With the first pick in the 2017 draft, the Cleveland Browns (who needed a QB) didn't take Mahomes.

2. With the second pick in the draft, the Chicago Bears TRADED UP to take Mitch Trubisky.

3. With the fourth pick in the draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars, who needed a QB, took Leonard Fournette.

4. With the fifth pick in the draft, the Tennessee Titans stuck with Marcus Mariotta and took Corey Davis instead.

5. With the sixth pick in the draft, the Jets (lol), who needed a QB, took Jamal Adams

6. With the 7th pick in the draft, the Chargers took Mike Williams instead of an heir to Phil Rivers.

7. With the 9th pick in the draft, the Bengals picked John Ross instead of Patrick Mahomes.

9. Yes, we traded down and didn't get Mahomes, but we DID get Tre White and a future first round pick.

10. That future first round pick (combined with others) turned into Josh Allen, who at the very least has more upside at QB than anyone we've had in a long time.

You have given this a lot of thought.  I assume the is the final stage of grief, acceptance.

38 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

If the primary goal is to be better than the Browns, Bears, Jaguars. Titans, Jet, Chargers and Bengals, then I say Mission Accomplished. 

• Like (+1) 1