Poyer / Hyde Article from ESPN

JPL7

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

does it really need to be defined as such ?

They are complimentary players. Playing different roles for the most part.

I bet they would agree with me

: )

Hyde and Poyer are always mentioned in the same sentence. Tango and Cash, Cash and Tango!

52 minutes ago, Logic said:

I know there's more to the story than statistics, but Poyer has more interceptions AND tackles than Hyde the past three seasons. Also, Hyde is more often the traditional center field deep field protector, whereas Poyer often has to play in the box a lot. He plays a crucial role in stopping the run AND leads the Bills in interceptions the past three seasons.

It's a great debate to be able to have, though: Which of our two elite safeties is superior. A long way from the days of Donte Whitner and Ko "I'm worth millions!" Simpson.

excellent post.

and when the heck did Levi Wallace become so darned good !

Our secondary starters and rotation are the best i recall the Bills ever lining up. The depth is so good. Hats off to the Coaches  back there !!  and how they are in sync with LBs and those beasts up front.

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

Hyde and Poyer are always mentioned in the same sentence. Tango and Cash, Cash and Tango!

well done ; )

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

excellent post.

and when the heck did Levi Wallace become so darned good !

Our secondary starters and rotation are the best i recall the Bills ever lining up. The depth is so good. Hats off to the Coaches  back there !!  and how they are in sync with LBs and those beasts up front.

well done ; )

I think they are better than Whitner and Simpson any day. Besides, they go about their business in a quieter way as well.

Edited by Rocket94

On 10/11/2019 at 10:54 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

We kinda diminished Sammy's trade value by not picking up the option. The option was 1 year for 11 million  and he ended up signing a 3 yr 48 million deal. I am not unhappy with the Sammy trade - I think we got fair value given he was bound for a year less. That being said, a small part of me would have liked to have seen  Sammy instead of a hobbled Matthews on that team. We made the playoffs with the latter 2 plus Kelvin Benjamin who was acquired for a 3rd rounder. 

McD and Beane always had a dismantle the previous team and stockpile picks to land a franchise QB plan. However, they themselves were surprised by how competitive the 2017 team turned out to be (hence the mid season trade for KB). I think Beane has been on record saying McD spoiled all his plans by making the playoffs - necessitating the use of all that draft capital to move up for Allen and Edmunds.

good assessment, thx