Poyer / Hyde Article from ESPN

JPL7

Fantastic read, I love these two guys.  Poyer is in line for a MASSIVE pay upgrade in a few years, but we've gotta enjoy this rid while we can.  Not sure they can keep him Hyde, and White long term. 

36 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

I would be perfectly happy if I never saw Hyde back there returning punts again.  Much to important for this team compared to the risk.....  Just my opinion though.

I agree but if Roberts is unavailable or whoever they got returning , Hyde is soooo sure handed . I'm very comfortable when he's returning and confident he won't mess up . McKenzie for example still scares me back there.

Roberts is a stud at returning kicks n punts. Maybe the most underrated signing of the year. He has already had a big impact in games, setting us up with great field position

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That article makes clear it was McD and not Whaley calling the shots. He gets credit for getting the most out of his defense but IMO doesn’t get enough credit for picking the defensive players to fit his system. Hyde, Porter, Tre, Wallace, Tremaine, Milano, Phillipses etc. have all worked out swimmingly. 

Yes the Zay pick and not picking up Sammy’s option were small misses - but overall the record of unearthing diamonds in the rough has been fantastic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yes the Zay pick and not picking up Sammy’s option were small misses - but overall the record of unearthing diamonds in the rough has been fantastic.

Agree overall record is solid.  But no way can you state with certainty that the Sammy option was a 'miss'.  Regardless Watkins wouldnt be on the team if we picked up his 1-year option.  And hes hurt again this year.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

That article makes clear it was McD and not Whaley calling the shots. He gets credit for getting the most out of his defense but IMO doesn’t get enough credit for picking the defensive players to fit his system. Hyde, Porter, Tre, Wallace, Tremaine, Milano, Phillipses etc. have all worked out swimmingly. 

I find it hard to believe that Whaley had no part in this. He was amazing with Pro-personnel and had a lot of solid finds. IMHO Bills fans generally try to find a way to downplay anything Whaley touched. I think he did a really good job for a guy that never got to pick his coach and was constantly having to cater to a new scheme. The lack of QB killed him, but we have had good defenses multiple times. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Lagoon Blues said:

I would be perfectly happy if I never saw Hyde back there returning punts again.  Much to important for this team compared to the risk.....  Just my opinion though.

Mostly a near goal line fair catcher anyway. But I hear the point.

Mckenzie had a suspect handle right? 

Roberts has been ok. Not seeing the Probowl PR stuff I was expecting.