Buffalo Bills Revenge Tour 2019-2020

Bobby Hooks

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

All I care about is the next game

I HATE that we are 15 point favorites against Miami.....

Can you start a thread about how you only care about the next game so that i can come in all myopic like and say i only care about getting revenge on the GBTRC's? 

I do appreciate all of the hard work you're putting in focusing on the next team, i know it'll pay off in spades come game time. You know, because what we fans think about during the week affects games. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

2 hours ago, WickedGame said:

I can't believe there hasn't been more discussion of Mariota's illegal forward pass last week. Talk about karma! Sure, it wasn't EXACTLY the same, but it was a pretty darn similar scenario.

I love that this year feels like an "Exorcising the Demons" tour. We may not win 'em all, but the match-ups sure feel like an opportunity to break a few curses (and yes, I realize "curses" are just a bunch of voodoo hocus-pokus mumbojumbo...)

It could have been considered Karma if they messed up the call on the field in the Bills favor, but they got it correct.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? 

The players are the Buffalo Bills. Do you follow the players or the team? I don't know about you but as soon as a player signs somewhere else they're dead to me. The charging (and sometimes standing) Buffalo remembers all. 

Lighten up Francis.  You sound like a freak ?

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Lighten up Francis.  You sound like a freak ?

Oh god, gag me with that tired ol' Stripes reference. As far as 80's comedies go that's 99 cent clearance bin fodder. You need to step your game up. 

Also, "thank you very little." 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

6 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Revenge?  After losing the 3rd Super Bowl, the next season we played the NFC East and beat New York, Washington and Dallas, avenging our 3 Super Bowl losses.  Then we went out and lost the 4th one.

Okay, and? 

Does that include the Music city miracle? No. Was it the 100th NFL season where they're making a point to show our old miseries before and during every game? No. Do you have a better observation on a bye week? 

I swear, bunch of wet blankets around here. 

"Why do we need christmas this year, didn't we have christmas last year?!" Good lord. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

5 hours ago, WickedGame said:

I can't believe there hasn't been more discussion of Mariota's illegal forward pass last week. Talk about karma! Sure, it wasn't EXACTLY the same, but it was a pretty darn similar scenario.

I love that this year feels like an "Exorcising the Demons" tour. We may not win 'em all, but the match-ups sure feel like an opportunity to break a few curses (and yes, I realize "curses" are just a bunch of voodoo hocus-pokus mumbojumbo...)

The second I heard the call I turned to my wife and said, "About 20 years to effing late..."

Beat Tenny in a playoff game (with a trick play) - Revenge 

Beat Dallas in a playoff game - Revenge 

Beat Washington in a playoff game - Revenge 

Beat the NYGiants in a playoff game - Revenge 

Beat Cincinnati in a playoff game - Revenge 

(did I miss any) 

Beat the Putrids in a playoff game (with a trick play and a missed call by the refs) - Revenge 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Okay, and? 

Does that include the Music city miracle? No. Was it the 100th NFL season where they're making a point to show our old miseries before and during every game? No. Do you have a better observation on a bye week? 

I swear, bunch of wet blankets around here. 

"Why do we need christmas this year, didn't we have christmas last year?!" Good lord. 

Chill, brother.  The whole point of these boards is to have a little fun.

And by the way, consider that the Music City Miracle was THEIR vengeance against us for the Reich comeback.

• Like (+1) 1

I like where the OP was coming from but Josh Allen was only alive for one of those games.  The Music City Miracle he was still in diapers.  

Point being those games are ancient history to the players.  Pretty sure they are not thinking about them.   

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I like where the OP was coming from but Josh Allen was only alive for one of those games.  The Music City Miracle he was still in diapers.  

Point being those games are ancient history to the players.  Pretty sure they are not thinking about them.   

I never once considered the players. Just us, the fans. You think I posted this so Josh Allen would see it?

But following your logic no college/nfl rivalry should ever matter to players. “Who cares? Happened before I got there?”

Why would any player care about anything that happened to his team before getting there? Why care about the team or city at all? Meh... myopic take, IMO. 

Point being, bye week. And the revenge is for us. I want to watch the Bills D beat ‘em into the dirt for four quarters. I’ll take great pleasure in it. Especially the Cowboys. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

On 10/11/2019 at 6:38 AM, Bobby Hooks said:

Giants:  1991 (First Super Bowl)  - check

Bengals:  1989 (Beat us in the AFC Championship) - check 

Titans 1999 (technically 2000, but close enough, Music City miracle) - check 

Redskins:  1992 (Second Super Bowl) 

Cowboys: 1993 & 1994 (Third & Fourth Super Bowl)

Also:

Cincinnati beating the Bills in 1981 in the divisional round. The Bills would have gone on to the SB most likely, since San Diego was emotionally exhausted from their marathon game at Miami.

Cleveland/Baltimore beating the Bills in the 1989 playoffs and for Art Modell's comments after

Tennessee in 1999 for their owner giving the finger to Buffalo.

Miami in 1998-99 for their coach stomping on Flutie Flakes

On 10/11/2019 at 8:54 AM, JayBaller10 said:

It’s an interesting observation, but unfortunately a regular season win in 2019 does nothing to lessen the blow of losing those playoff games.

it’s not even that interesting. We are playing the nfc east 

3 hours ago, RevWarRifleman said:

Here's my scenario: Bills beat the AFC teams in the championship game, then in the Super Bowl, beat those NFC teams, facing Dallas twice.

Good thought. I would rather beat Carolina in the SB to get revenge for Cam running his mouth this preseason against Captain Munnerlyn and Ed Oliver:

Edited by egd
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2019 at 9:38 AM, Bobby Hooks said:

I was going through our schedule and something jumped out at me. This season has a chance to be the ultimate 80's-90's revenge tour for the Buffalo Bills organization. It's a good time to have one of the best D's in the league. I hope the Offense can catch up because i'd like to get the clean sweep. 

I know there are a few teams that we can make cases for that aren't on it (Kansas City for beating us to go to the first Super Bowl), and a few that are on the schedule, but this revenge tour is leaning a bit late 80's - 90's. I almost threw in the Steelers because of the notorious backup game, but i was looking for heavier hitting events. 

I've left off the division rivals because, well, outside of the 90's rivalry with the Dolphins, everything's mostly been one sided by one team or the other. 

Giants:  1991 (First Super Bowl)  - check

Bengals:  1989 (Beat us in the AFC Championship) - check 

Titans 1999 (technically 2000, but close enough, Music City miracle) - check 

Redskins:  1992 (Second Super Bowl)  - check

Cowboys: 1993 & 1994 (Third & Fourth Super Bowl) - check

Now i'm not saying that this means we're going to the super bowl or anything like that, but if we can get the clean sweep of these teams in one season, that could be pretty satisfying. Also, i guess i wouldn't be opposed to a long run into the playoffs. 

Revenge tour complete, and satisfying. 

Now let's go make some noise in the playoffs, boys! 

On 10/11/2019 at 10:15 AM, Nanker said:

Walks into the room, quietly taps Bobby Hooks on the shoulder and whispers in his ear, “The Bills defeated the entire NFC East in 1991.”

Not a particularly great harbinger of things to come perhaps. 

Actually 1993, but close enough.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/1993.htm

Also, many of these Bills were not even ALIVE during our Super Bowl run, so I'm sure "revenge" really isn't on their mind.