Buffalo Bills Revenge Tour 2019-2020

Bobby Hooks

I was going through our schedule and something jumped out at me. This season has a chance to be the ultimate 80's-90's revenge tour for the Buffalo Bills organization. It's a good time to have one of the best D's in the league. I hope the Offense can catch up because i'd like to get the clean sweep. 

I know there are a few teams that we can make cases for that aren't on it (Kansas City for beating us to go to the first Super Bowl), and a few that are on the schedule, but this revenge tour is leaning a bit late 80's - 90's. I almost threw in the Steelers because of the notorious backup game, but i was looking for heavier hitting events. 

I've left off the division rivals because, well, outside of the 90's rivalry with the Dolphins, everything's mostly been one sided by one team or the other. 

Giants:  1991 (First Super Bowl)  - check

Bengals:  1989 (Beat us in the AFC Championship) - check 

Titans 1999 (technically 2000, but close enough, Music City miracle) - check 

Redskins:  1992 (Second Super Bowl) 

Cowboys: 1993 & 1994 (Third & Fourth Super Bowl) 

Now i'm not saying that this means we're going to the super bowl or anything like that, but if we can get the clean sweep of these teams in one season, that could be pretty satisfying. Also, i guess i wouldn't be opposed to a long run into the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It’s an interesting observation, but unfortunately a regular season win in 2019 does nothing to lessen the blow of losing those playoff games.

The blows already been dealt. Nothing you can do about that. What you can do is punish them with your D for four quarters. 

Time has already lessened the blow. Now i just want to beat 'em up. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2

I can't believe there hasn't been more discussion of Mariota's illegal forward pass last week. Talk about karma! Sure, it wasn't EXACTLY the same, but it was a pretty darn similar scenario.

I love that this year feels like an "Exorcising the Demons" tour. We may not win 'em all, but the match-ups sure feel like an opportunity to break a few curses (and yes, I realize "curses" are just a bunch of voodoo hocus-pokus mumbojumbo...)

• Like (+1) 5

34 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I was going through our schedule and something jumped out at me. This season has a chance to be the ultimate 80's-90's revenge tour for the Buffalo Bills organization. It's a good time to have one of the best D's in the league. I hope the Offense can catch up because i'd like to get the clean sweep. 

I know there are a few teams that we can make cases for that aren't on it (Kansas City for beating us to go to the first Super Bowl), and a few that are on the schedule, but this revenge tour is leaning a bit late 80's - 90's. I almost threw in the Steelers because of the notorious backup game, but i was looking for heavier hitting events. 

I've left off the division rivals because, well, outside of the 90's rivalry with the Dolphins, everything's mostly been one sided by one team or the other. 

Now i'm not saying that this means we're going to the super bowl or anything like that, but if we can get the clean sweep of these teams in one season, that could be pretty satisfying. Also, i guess i wouldn't be opposed to a long run into the playoffs. 

Walks into the room, quietly taps Bobby Hooks on the shoulder and whispers in his ear, “The Bills defeated the entire NFC East in 1991.”

Not a particularly great harbinger of things to come perhaps. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Cool observation, but I’m over the idea of losing to all those NFC EAST teams. The team I want to beat in 2019 is located in Foxboro. 

Meh... I'm over them. I've accepted they're the class of the East for now. We punished them for years, they're now punishing us for years. We've never been good together. Doesn't even feel like a rivalry to me. Just a big brother beating up his younger brother on a national stage occasionally. 

42 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Beating these guys in the regular season is not really revenge....this is like someone murduers your family member so you call them a name as "revenge"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Walks into the room, quietly taps Bobby Hooks on the shoulder and whispers in his ear, “The Bills defeated the entire NFC East in 1991.”

Not a particularly great harbinger of things to come perhaps. 

Turns to Nanker, says "That was before mostly all of those events even happened. Not sure how that correlates." Then sweeps his leg Johnny Lawrence style!  

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Beating these guys in the regular season is not really revenge....this is like someone murduers your family member so you call them a name as "revenge"

I get that humans naturally like to pull things apart, etc... but since Aaron Hernandez has already proven you're not allowed to murder back, beating them in a football game will just have to do. 

Fun response though. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Please may we also revenge 2018 as I am looking to lay a thumpin' on the Ravens.

I'd love to get a piece of the Chargers, too, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen regular or post season.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Cleveland Browns 1989 playoffs.

Don't forget.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

What year is it again?  Some of the players on this team were infants when there games occurred

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? 

The players are the Buffalo Bills. Do you follow the players or the team? I don't know about you but as soon as a player signs somewhere else they're dead to me. The charging (and sometimes standing) Buffalo remembers all.