Bills are 25th Offensive Points

wagon127

I think we need two major things: 

1.  Singletary back.  Gore is great, but you can't give him the ball 25 times a game.  Gore and Singletary can each carry 15 times, and Singletary I believe will provide a Kamara like spark.  

2.  JA needs to discover the long ball.  At the very least, keep throwing it deep.  But with #1, play action opens up.  

46 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I think folks are confusing elite in a season with all time elite. This defense is not the 85 bears, but they’re a top 5 unit. This year they are elite. 

right. units like the 85 bears/2000 ravens/2013 seahawks are historical/generational... for me an elite unit/player for a given year is top 3-5 in that category.... I would argue the bills easily have top 3 ELITE unit in the year 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah... But the good thing is, they're actually 12th in total yards. They move the ball well. Points will come.... Hopefully sooner rather than later, but I'd be much more concerned if we were 25th overall in offense.

We stop turning the ball over, we'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

relax.  It'll be next year, after another draft and FA period, and after Allen's second year, before the offense catches up to the defense in terms of talent and effectiveness.  Still have questions on the O Line and WR, and Allen is obviously still pretty raw.  

For McBeanes, this is all just a process of roster upgrade after roster upgrade.  Will take a full 3 years.   This is year 3.   Next year is the year, IMHO.   This year, just get to 10 wins and get in the tournament again.  they ain't winnin' anything this year.  

at this time last year, you all wanted to fire the whole lot of them..   keep your pants on

Trust the Process.

Good post! Just win baby! Develop a winning culture, we still are rebuilding, still work in process and lot's of fun to watch! Reminds me of 1979 or 1987, good things are coming!

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Call me crazy. I like winning. Don't care how.

They want showtime or they lose focus; has to be the Pinball Wizard, me I'm with you - just win baby!

• Like (+1) 1

I could care less where they sit statistically for anything as long as they are winning. If they keep winning, the points will come and so will the stats. The stats are for gamblers anyway and I am not one. Come to think of it, it's probably why i don't care where they sit in the statistics. LOL!!

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Three things

- We need to replace our punter....even though we have one of the best return guys in the league our starting field position gets flipped on us every game it seems

- We have been VERY good int he red zone

- We are still having a lot of penalties on drives......which is forcing punts due to down and distance

- Is Marquette King available?

- Duke should help make even better 

- Lee Smith kills us in this area

4 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

I could care less where they sit statistically for anything as long as they are winning. If they keep winning, the points will come and so will the stats. The stats are for gamblers anyway and I am not one. Come to think of it, it's probably why i don't care where they sit in the statistics. LOL!!

How about being entertained? As a Bills fan they are winning so yes that makes me happy, but if you are just watching the game as a football fan, the games are not that much fun.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

13-3  

was the score of the last SB. 

Win the games, good, bad and or Ugly 

Well those same teams were 2nd and 4th in ppg during the regular season.

You’re probably not going to have any kind meaningful and sustained success by being one of the worst scoring teams in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

13-3  

Yep.

And in other "discouraging" news Allen currently leads the league in clutch 4th qtr drives leading to wins.

Last year he was tied for second.

You can't teach clutch performance it is either in the dna or it isn't. There is plenty for Allen to work on, but he does have it in him to take the team down the length of the field to win a game with only seconds left on the clock when needed.

• Like (+1) 1

25th in points is not surprising and while I think the team will finish higher than that the game script for the Bills is going to deflate the Bills point totals. The Bills defense is going to put them in positions where they are running a 4 minute offense to grind out the clock late in games. So the Bills are going to try and run out the clock on teams and not trying to score late in a lot of games. 

I think they finish in the late teens or early 20's in terms of points. And while that is mediocre it isn't a bad thing in the context of having a great defense and a QB that is developing. With a top 2-3 defense, solid special teams unit you only need a lower mid-level offense to get to 10-11 wins. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Well those same teams were 2nd and 4th in ppg during the regular season.

You’re probably not going to have any kind meaningful and sustained success by being one of the worst scoring teams in the league. 

Exactly, neither team makes it to that Super Bowl without the ability to score points. This Bills team is playoff bound because of their elite defense. There aren’t many elite offenses/QB’s in the league, and we will be able to collect regular season wins against many lesser opponents. We will need our offense to get it together before the playoffs. It will be an early exit if this putrid offense doesn’t turn it around. I’m very much a realist about this team. We are playoff bound, and have an elite defense. There are tons of reasons to feel good about this team. However, we aren’t going deep in the playoffs without fixing this offense. 

Edited by SirAndrew

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. units like the 85 bears/2000 ravens/2013 seahawks are historical/generational... for me an elite unit/player for a given year is top 3-5 in that category.... I would argue the bills easily have top 3 ELITE unit in the year 2019.

Agree. Because of that defense I’d add that if Allen makes a post injury performance jump similar to last year this team is capable of a deep playoff run. 

59 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

13-3  

It was also Wade Phillips vs Billy Boy containing those offenses.