Bills are 25th Offensive Points

wagon127

25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They turned it over once against the Titans and scored 14 points.

Ok. And turned it over 4 times vs jets while scoring 17 and then twice against the bengals and scored 21. They’ve left points on the table via mistakes. Very correctable mistakes 

Cutting down to’s inherently increases the odds of scoring. Who the hell would argue against this? 

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Once is WAAYY better than 3, 4, 5 or 6.  

:lol:

I wasn't arguing the RZ efficiency.    My question was:  What % of drives have reached the RZ? 

Oh. Ya. I totally misread that 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Ok. And turned it over 4 times vs jets while scoring 17 and then twice against the bengals and scored 21. 

Cutting down to’s inherently increases the odds of scoring. Who the hell would argue against this?

And 4 for NE and scored 10 

apparently some do. Otherwise why are they complaining?

I reiterate ....  Eliminate Josh's dumb INT's and this team will score more.  Captain Obvious badges for everyone 

It is as I say over & over the idea that McClappy preaches about the game being played between the 20's.  The Bills can move the ball, they just often turn conservative and continue to play for a 17-13 game, vs. where  the NFL is going, which is 27-24 (or higher).  

Eventually it will bite them in the a$$.

Yes I want them playing with the mindset that they need to score 30+ every game & not ball control.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

They turned it over once against the Titans and scored 14 points.

They were also playing on the road aginst the 6th best defense in PPG.

The Pats* played on the road against the third best defense in PPG a couple weeks ago, turned the ball over once, and scored 16 points.

11 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Im trying to say, this is what could lead to a repeat of 2008 and 2011, not that they need to score points, but that they struggle to put up numbers that over 20 other NFL teams are able to put up.

Not against our defense they haven't. 

Relax, as others have said they are still letting the offense gel. They are asking #17 to make plays reading defenses and not by overusing his arm strength and legs. Before the season it was all negativity (from some) about completion %. They've made improvements there. By playoffs time this offense will have hit another gear.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Not against our defense they haven't. 

Relax, as others have said they are still letting the offense gel. They are asking #17 to make plays reading defenses and not by overusing his arm strength and legs. Before the season it was all negativity (from some) about completion %. They've made improvements there. By playoffs time this offense will have hit another gear.

i think we saw the ceiling of the 08 and 11 teams right out of the gate and teams adjusted..... I think its pretty fair to say, with all the mistakes that have been made and that are easiy correctable, we havnt even come close to the ceiling of this squad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You do realize that if you win every game 6-3, you're still undefeated?

You do realize that even amongst the most ardent fans (I'd bet 90%) would have no interest after a while watching 6-3 games????

My friend was in Tennessee and has been a season ticket holder driving down for 30 odd years and he commented how boring a game it was.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270428-worst-game-ever-buffalo-vs-cleveland-review

But keep fondly reminiscing about that Cleveland game......   Oh I forgot Buffalo lost......

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

With the personnel they have? I doubt that.

I could see them getting to middle of the pack in points score which is more than good enough to get into the playoffs with this defense..... just think they'll struggle to score enough points once they get there and play the better teams of the league.

We are one of the better teams in the league.

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You do realize that even amongst the most ardent fans (I'd bet 90%) would have no interest after a while watching 6-3 games????

My friend was in Tennessee and has been a season ticket holder driving down for 30 odd years and he commented how boring a game it was.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270428-worst-game-ever-buffalo-vs-cleveland-review

But keep fondly reminiscing about that Cleveland game......   Oh I forgot Buffalo lost......

Call me crazy. I like winning. Don't care how.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Wow this is a bad take

the defense is top 3 or 5 in every major category and is allowing 11 pts a game. There is NO QUESTION about them being elite up to this point. 

I think folks are confusing elite in a season with all time elite. This defense is not the 85 bears, but they’re a top 5 unit. This year they are elite. 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Call me crazy. I like winning. Don't care how.

Welcome to the 10% or less.....  6-3 games after 1 (imo) is more then enough.  

We are not a fun team to watch (outside 4th quarter comebacks).

Frankly I'd like to see this team down by 14 and see what they have (yeah yeah I know NYJ). 

More so I'd love to see a shootout.  

10 hours ago, WideNine said:

...and we are 4-1

...and we are 3rd in red zone scoring (TDs)

....and our defense is 3rd overall preventing yards per game

....Josh is 8-1 as a starter when he keeps turnovers to 1 or less.

We are building something here, no one said it was finished yet.

1 or less and at least 1 TD they are 8-0. 1-6 in games where he turns the ball over more than once. That means that he has had multiple turnovers in 7 of 16 games that he has started. He has been very lucky on fumbles so far or that might be a different stat. It's very clear what needs to happen for this team to win. I just don't want to see another wild card game like the last one. After Miami we will have played the 30th, 31st, and 32nd ranked defenses, so eventually something has to click.