Bills are 25th Offensive Points

wagon127

So, I am super excited about the rest of this year, and I believe we can make the playoffs due to the AFC being weak this year, and our dominate Defense. Shouldn't we be very concerned about how little our offense scores? We really need to hope our offense continues to grow between now and the end of this season. There are going to be games the defense can't hold our opponents to under 25 points, and we will need Allen to step it up in the coming weeks.

Edited by wagon127
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

So your saying we really need our Offense to score points. ***** why hasn't anyone else thought of that.

Im trying to say, this is what could lead to a repeat of 2008 and 2011, not that they need to score points, but that they struggle to put up numbers that over 20 other NFL teams are able to put up.

Consider that our #1 TE has not been able to play, our best RB, has barely played, we just now got our #2/3 WR on the 53, and we have like 9 new guys on the offense.  I think we will all be pleased with the offense’s growth going forward, and the bye week came right on time this season.  I just have a feeling things are about to get a whole bunch better on the “O” fingers crossed Bills nation!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

7 new starters on offense. Playmaking RB on the shelf for 3 weeks.... we are 12th in yds. They are moving the ball just fine. Clean up the to’s and points will follow. 

Not horribly worried 

Not to nitpick, but I believe only LT and QB remain from last years starters (FB doesn’t count to me). that means NINE (9) new starters on offense. A slow start is to be expected. The crown jewel of FA (Morse) missed preseason with a concussion. Just keep making progress, I like most of what I’m seeing. Progress, fellas! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Not to nitpick, but I believe only LT and QB remain from last years starters (FB doesn’t count to me). that means NINE (9) new starters on offense. A slow start is to be expected. The crown jewel of FA (Morse) missed preseason with a concussion. Just keep making progress, I like most of what I’m seeing. Progress, fellas! 

Right on. Like I said. They are moving the ball just fine. If I’m not mistaken I can count at least 5 different times over the last 3 games we’ve driven down into the 35 or closer and came away with nothing due to missed FG, penalties, turnovers/turnover on downs. 

Cut that nonsense out and we are most likely middle of the pack in scoring and the offense doesn’t seem like much of an issue. 

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Need a pass rush which will lead to turnovers, which will lead to short fields and more points.

The defense is great but not elite until they start getting more turnovers

Wow this is a bad take

the defense is top 3 or 5 in every major category and is allowing 11 pts a game. There is NO QUESTION about them being elite up to this point. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7th last??? So like ... 25th?

Baltimore is 32nd last in points per game...

UPDATE: Now that the thread title has been changed this comment makes no sense. Sorry folks.

Edited by MJS
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Why is this a new thread?

Our scoring woes are well-known and thoroughly discussed in other threads.

Because I wouldn't have gone into a many page long thread most likely, and certainly wouldn't have posted in it. New threads make it more engaging for people who aren't posting all the time...what is a slight annoyance for you, makes it significantly more fun and engaging for a lot of other people. 

I understand there is a line of having a lot of threads clogging things up and being repetitive, however, a thread based on an interesting stat, with a solid point that can be debated with other interesting stats is not one of those threads...let some other people have some fun too.

Of course you're probably trolling to get this response, so crap :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...and we are 4-1

...and we are 3rd in red zone scoring (TDs)

....and our defense is 3rd overall preventing yards per game

....Josh is 8-1 as a starter when he keeps turnovers to 1 or less.

We are building something here, no one said it was finished yet.

• Like (+1) 3