How to beat the Patriots??? RUN

Tatonka68

Personally from what I have seen this season, you want Brady ON the field. His arm looks like it's weakened significantly, he doesn't look nearly as sharp. Their offense is absolutely NOTHING..NOTHING to be feared.

Their defense on the other hand looks outstanding.

You need to headshot Edelman next time and we win the game easily. Brady is a shell of what he used to be.

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Have to run, passing is futile at this point against them.

They're talking about it right now on the post game, the Pats defense is playing at historically great levels and is on pace to go down as the top defense of ALL TIME.

Our offense has no chance passing against them, so better get that run game going...It's our only shot.

I really disagree with this. 

First just on evidence: having watched the all-22, we had open guys.  The Bills were in a hole a lot with penalties on the OL, and Josh was pressing and going for the deep shot to get it all back at once instead of being satisfied to take 5-10 yd chunks. 

Like any team - the need with the Pats is to force them to be reactive and prevent them from keying on one aspect of the game.  The Pats can play run D, they just weren't last night because with Barkley out, the Giants didn't have much of a rushing attack.

What does have to be remembered is, *we will be playing the refs as well*.  They will call holds on our OL and OPI and the same or more blatant will go un-called on the Pats OL and DB.  Daboll's scheming guys open is important, and Duke's ability to out-muscle and box out defenders may also be key.

Second, "historically great levels" against the dregs of Big Ben Roethlisberger, Fitz on a bad day and the Firesale Fish, Luke Falk in his 2nd NFL start, Colt freakin' McCoy for the Redskins and little Danny Jones behind a sieve and with who, exactly, at WR?

We hung up 280 yds passing on them (240 net), despite throwing 4 picks, taking 5 sacks,  and our QB having a Very Bad Day.  For reference on how bad the rest of the QB play the Pats have faced really is, that rather pitiful performance from the Bills is 25%  of the passing yards they've given up in 6 games.  If the Pats gave up similar every week, they'd be 31st in the league, not "historically great". 

The problem is, due to implosion of half the AFCE teams the Pats play 2x, the implosion of the Stillers, and the general ineptness of the Redskins, the Pats are playing a very weak first half schedule.  Let me know how "historically great levels" looks in week 15.  I'm not trying to say the Pats D isn't legit - it is - but I'll hold off on the laurel wreath for "historically great".

32 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Folks who don't appreciate the Pats greatness (a team I of course, despise) over the past 1.5 decades and instead attribute it to a "fix" are on par with flat Earthers. 

Well, I disagree with this too.  Here's the thing: the Pats*** are a legit great team.  But they also have a legit and fairly well documented history of pushing the boundries of the rule book and flat-out cheating.  The helmet radio thing, the opposing team radios in Foxboro, Spygate - too much smoke for there not to be fire.   The Pats*** shouldn't have to cheat - it pains me to say this, but they really are that good - but the fact is, they have, over and over again.  Given that, when one's eyeballs see that an apparently struggling Pats team gets bailed out by a few key penalties while what appear to be fairly egregious fouls against the other team go un-called - one wonders, and the wonderment is really not at all "on a par with" guys who manage to dismiss amazing amounts of scientific evidence to the contrary. 

It seems to me that Belicheck's motto is "whatever it takes to win".  If they can win just playing good hard football, fine.  If the other team is hanging tough or even at risk of a comeback, well..."whatever it takes".

• Like (+1) 2

How to beat the patriots??

with an axe handle of course....

Go Bills!!!

8 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

They should not have escaped us and im sure counted their blessings to escape Buffalo with a win. 

Yesterday on a Sirius segment between Miller/Kirwan and Phil Simms , Kirwan asked Simms about Allen because, to paraphrase Kirwan, "I was playing the wait and see game with him, but I'm increasingly convinced he's the real deal." Near the end, Kirwan commented that when the NE* game was over you could tell Brady* and Bellicheck* were visibly relieved to have escaped with a W because they knew they were lucky to get it and "they know the Bills are for real in the division now."

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yesterday on a Sirius segment between Miller/Kirwan and Phil Simms , Kirwan asked Simms about Allen because, to paraphrase Kirwan, "I was playing the wait and see game with him, but I'm increasingly convinced he's the real deal." Near the end, Kirwan commented that when the NE* game was over you could tell Brady* and Bellicheck* were visibly relieved to have escaped with a W because they knew they were lucky to get it and "they know the Bills are for real in the division now."

Duke was activated 1 week too late.  Doubtful that he lets a high pass sail through his hands on 4th down.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Duke was activated 1 week too late.  Doubtful that he lets a high pass sail through his hands on 4th down.

Yep. I'd have liked to have seen Duke on the other end of Brown's pass instead of Yeldon.

Woulda/coulda, I know, but I suspect the decision to finally bring him up will prove to be a very smart one, albeit a little late.

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, I disagree with this too.  Here's the thing: the Pats*** are a legit great team.  But they also have a legit and fairly well documented history of pushing the boundries of the rule book and flat-out cheating.  The helmet radio thing, the opposing team radios in Foxboro, Spygate - too much smoke for there not to be fire.   The Pats*** shouldn't have to cheat - it pains me to say this, but they really are that good - but the fact is, they have, over and over again.  Given that, when one's eyeballs see that an apparently struggling Pats team gets bailed out by a few key penalties while what appear to be fairly egregious fouls against the other team go un-called - one wonders, and the wonderment is really not at all "on a par with" guys who manage to dismiss amazing amounts of scientific evidence to the contrary. 

It seems to me that Belicheck's motto is "whatever it takes to win".  If they can win just playing good hard football, fine.  If the other team is hanging tough or even at risk of a comeback, well..."whatever it takes".

The reality is, the biggest way they cheat is rarely  ever even talked about...

They cheat with the salary cap.  

Tom Brady is arguably the greatest QB of all time, yet continually makes quite a bit less money than that title should afford him.  And it's not all out of the goodness of his heart that he takes less.  The team has found ways to compensate him that don't count against the cap, with the most obvious being hiring his TB12 company.  It's complete bull####.  

And beyond the cheating, they are also masters of "gamesmanship" ie pushing the rules as far as they can go without either A) breaking them or b) not getting called out for breaking them...kinda like going 5 mph over the speed limit and not getting caught.  In the NFL where the difference between winning and losing is razor sharp, those little edges become huge.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

You beat NE the same way teams have always done it — by stopping Brady.

If Josh finds the open receivers instead of chucking it into a crowd deep multiple times, the Bills probably win two weeks ago

The Pats*** capitalize on other teams mistakes at this point.  The game v. the stinking Giants is much closer w/o turnovers for TD's, and we likely beat them.  

Running the ball has its merits in terms of cutting down on mistakes, and the best way to stop Brady is to not let him have the ball.  The OB has a point.  JA cannot hit the long ball right now.  Run it, and use play action to try to open up the long ball.  

Plus, Singletary will be back next game! 

3 minutes ago, Mikey152 said:

The reality is, the biggest way they cheat is rarely  ever even talked about...

They cheat with the salary cap.  

Tom Brady is arguably the greatest QB of all time, yet continually makes quite a bit less money than that title should afford him.  And it's not all out of the goodness of his heart that he takes less.  The team has found ways to compensate him that don't count against the cap, with the most obvious being hiring his TB12 company.  It's complete bull####.  

And beyond the cheating, they are also masters of "gamesmanship" ie pushing the rules as far as they can go without either A) breaking them or b) not getting called out for breaking them...kinda like going 5 mph over the speed limit and not getting caught.  In the NFL where the difference between winning and losing is razor sharp, those little edges become huge.

1000000% correct.   The NFL needs to ban this type of nonsense.  Why other owners let them get away with it is puzzling.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

So Jordan was just a.creation of reffing?

what is wrong with you...

I don't think that's what he's saying at all.  It's a widespread belief in sports that established stars get "star treatment" from the refs - more benefit of the doubt in the calls.

That's different from saying the stars are "just a creation of reffing" - they had to establish themselves as stars.

But once they do, yeah, the belief is widespread that stars get preferential treatment/more benefit of doubt from the refs.  Heck, even some Pats*** fans on this board acknowledge that "stars get star treatment"

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good post.  This has always been my take on the Pats as well.  The team is great in their own right, but they have continually compromised the integrity of the game.  

The penalty thing is very hard to argue though I have tried.  I think it was a couple years ago the Pats were one of the most, if not the most, penalized teams in the league.  Yet it seems they get so many timely calls that other teams don't.  The penalty on Tre White (I think it was him) on 4th down in the last game is good example.  The ball was underthrown so the receiver slows down and White runs into him.  Technically PI, but the I don't see the Bills or other teams getting that call on a regular basis.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

You need to play as dirty as they do. If they intentionally take out your QB you take out theirs.

There's a couple problems with that.  The first is, Brady never puts himself in harm's way on runs where it's easy to take him out.  He does not, as Lee Smith said about Allen, "run head first into other human beings".   The second is, you have to be really smart about "selling it" or having a lesser player do the deed so it doesn't bitecha.

Clay Matthews laid a "roughing" hit on Russ Wilson in the 4Q.  I'm sure it's just an amazing coincidence that Matthews left the game with a broken jaw a few plays later.  It's not even in the stat sheets, no penalty on Seattle.  Just one of those things that happen in a physical game like football.  Accident. 

NE does seem to love those QB sneaks with Brady.