How to beat the Patriots??? RUN

Tatonka68

The Bills need to go heavy and run right at them. Use 3 tight ends, Lee Smith, Dawson Knox and hopefully Tyler Kroft. The Backfield is Gore and DiMarco. And only one receiver Smoke. 3 tight ends forces them to adjust their secondary and put a LB on a tightend.  Then run at them all day. It wont have an impact at first but you will slowly wear them down and your defense will keep you in the game. Pound the rock with carries to Singletary. . This should slowly tip the time of possession in the Bills favor and Brady might press to impress the home crowd and commit a turnover. It also takes a lot of pressure off Allen and opens up play action.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m still for pounding it down their throats. Gore was like 9 for 88 yards early I think, but we kept chucking the ball long for some reason. The only game we have done that, the only game we have lost. Josh didn’t have time for the long ball, but kept trying the whole first half. We can beat them, even on the road, if we play a little smarter. A bad ST moment and a head shot to Allen took away our chances. 

• Like (+1) 9

You beat NE the same way teams have always done it — by stopping Brady.

If Josh finds the open receivers instead of chucking it into a crowd deep multiple times, the Bills probably win two weeks ago

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

You watching this game? So far points have come from a long pass and fumble return for TD. You’re saying that the run is what’s needed? Hmmm

Yup you run right at them and grind them into the turf. Slowly but surely.

• Haha (+1) 1

Raise your hand if you remember how demoralizing it was to have Legarrette Blount shoved down our throat and there was nothing we could do about it. To be able to run on a team and make them wish the game would just end is like winning TWICE. Then? You go over the top because everyone is in the box.?

We showed we could run on the Pats, even without Singletary. Not sure why we went deep so often, but I think we are smart enough to learn and evolve. 

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

NFL is essentially the WWE at this point.

The teams they want to win are going to win.

I do think NE gets more calls as Tom Brady gets the “Michael Jordan” treatment from the refs.

But why do you think the league wants them to win? After deflate gate, that had to be an absolute nightmare for Goodell to hand them the Lombardi.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I do think NE gets more calls as Tom Brady gets the “Michael Jordan” treatment from the refs.

But why do you think the league wants them to win? After deflate gate, that had to be an absolute nightmare for Goodell to hand them the Lombardi.

Ratings.  The story.  Continuing to market their biggest star.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

It's all choreographed. 

The last PI penalty was just ludicrous.  Blatant def holding as the WR made his cut and then blatant PI before the ball arrived.  No other player anywhere near the play - every official had a crystal clear view.  But it’s NE, so of course, no flag, on either foul, even after review*.

* just more evidence that replay has nothing to do with ‘getting it right’ like proponents claim.

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

They are still ratings gold over alot of smaller market teams. TB12 generates big revenue. It will be hilarious once BB/TB finally retire to see the ref crews shutoff the valve. In the meantime the schedule fillers just have to wear it.

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

Raise your hand if you remember how demoralizing it was to have Legarrette Blount shoved down our throat and there was nothing we could do about it. To be able to run on a team and make them wish the game would just end is like winning TWICE. Then? You go over the top because everyone is in the box.?

We showed we could run on the Pats, even without Singletary. Not sure why we went deep so often, but I think we are smart enough to learn and evolve. 

Truth.

I would rather pull our guards and center and run against that D than throw into it. You're going to get the phantom holding call against your interior linemen, but less chance of turning it over because they are built for man coverage and to pressure the passing game into sacks, ints, and fumbles. Instead, take it right to them, nothing fancy, just slobber knocker trench warfare.

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

The Bills need to go heavy and run right at them. Use 3 tight ends, Lee Smith, Dawson Knox and hopefully Tyler Kroft. The Backfield is Gore and DiMarco. And only one receiver Smoke. 3 tight ends forces them to adjust their secondary and put a LB on a tightend.  Then run at them all day. It wont have an impact at first but you will slowly wear them down and your defense will keep you in the game. Pound the rock with carries to Singletary. . This should slowly tip the time of possession in the Bills favor and Brady might press to impress the home crowd and commit a turnover. It also takes a lot of pressure off Allen and opens up play action.

They can stop the run if they want to. They just play nickel most of the time so it seems like that is a weakness. They have two legit run stopping DTs though. We played a great game against them last time. If we do the same thing again and eliminate the turnovers we have a chance. 

Foster would have made a huge impact with the deep ball. We need Singletary if we want to run more, that was a big factor last game. Duke will make a difference in the red zone. Our offence is going to be a lot better next time we face them.

Edited by billspro