Duke Williams: Excellent video piece by Bleacher Report

Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, fl az fan said:

Would it make a difference if turned to Buddhism or became an agnostic. The guy turned his life around at this point, so it seems. I am rooting like hell for him. Keep your belief in the appropriate section

Wow are you offended that I share Duke's beliefs and mentioned it here? My post was read by thousands of people including all the mods and nobody voiced an issue until you. I guess there will always be at least one out the bunch who finds it necessary to turn a positive into a negative. I'll pray for you tonight. Have a good one.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:47 PM, fl az fan said:

Would it make a difference if turned to Buddhism or became an agnostic. The guy turned his life around at this point, so it seems. I am rooting like hell for him. Keep your belief in the appropriate section

Its actually a proven fact that making such a life choice is a life changing factor.  Its best not to respond to his statement because in doing so you are now discussing your beliefs.  Its a bit hypocritical.  Its actually belief in any higher power according to research.  I have my personal beliefs on the subject.

BTW.  We arent discussing the latest football game.  We are discussing the young man turning his life around, so I believe it is a perfectly valid post for this topic.  I also believe it belongs right here because it is related to our football team.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

I believe he has learned from his mistakes which is a good thing & will be something he keeps & it will stay with him ! 

I have always told my kids your going to make mistakes but the difference is if you realize those mistakes, learn from them & don't continue to do them then they weren't a waste of your time !!

This guy reminds me of a Anquan Boldin type of receiver !! Anything you throw the guys way he will catch & when your in crunch time & your down by a score he is the guy you can put full trust in that he will come down with the ball in any situation !! 

I was stoked when he Bills picked up Anquan & it sucked when he quit but i think Duke will be the Bills Bolden & i hope he sticks around for a long time !! 

DUUUUUUKE !! 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm very excited for and about Duke. He could be the big body, open when he's not open, type of receiver they hoped Kelvin Benjamin was going to be. It was only one game, but he caught contested passes, ran strong routes, and gained tough yards after the catch. The bye week might have come at a perfect time for him and the offense. Get some guys healthy, find out what was working, and find more ways to get Duke involved in moving the chains and scoring in the red zone. I can't wait to see him show off those balls skills on deeper passes too. 

Strong routes like that can help get first downs and score in the red zone. 

As easy as it is to get excited about what he can do on the field, it's easy to get excited for Duke the person to succeed. After the game Duke said before the game he cried while reflecting on how much he's been through and how long it took him to get here. If he slips up or starts slacking, I would be very, very surprised. 

@Shaw66 mentioned the Lee Smith interview. If you don't listen to the whole thing, the Duke part is great. Like Shaw said, Smith is almost at a loss for words. He says whatever "it" is that makes people different or special, Duke has it. Smith says he works his tail off and guys gravitate to him and want him on the field. 

It starts around 4:55.