Duke Williams: Excellent video piece by Bleacher Report

Alphadawg7

This is a great piece for those who don't know a lot about Dukes backstory, pedigree, and potential.  Might help some understand why some of us were so high on Duke from the get go.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 9

I want to be sure everyone knows i have been a Duke Williams Fan since we picked him up.

Once i read his background and story i had to watch him during preseason and any quotes or comments in regard to him..
 I really like players/people like him. the One who pull their socks up after life does not go so well , and get after it. Do the best they can. and then some.

Last preseason game he said he left it all on the field and up to Coaches to decide if they can use him.

They did. and still made him work hard  to get on the field last Sunday. and what did he do? he again left it all on the field.
My boy right there.

Keep after it Duke ! 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was high on him based solely off the fact that all I ever saw was his CFL reels and you could tell there wasn’t a single wr on last year’s roster that could go snag the ball like him. 

The competition really doesn’t matter when it comes to hands. If ya got’m.... ya GOT’M. 

#FREEDUKE 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 8

I posted this video In a Duke thread on Monday but it didn't get a lot of views Im glad its been seen more now its a very compelling video and I liked the comments at the end comparing he to some very highly respected current NFL receivers as far as his attributes and skill set.  He's been a work in progress and continues to be! I cant wait to see how high his ceiling is.

Edited by Margarita
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Seems to me that Duke and Allen share the same desire to be not just good, but great. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see the two of them have that on field connection and become one of the better QB/WR pairs in the league. I am really looking forward to watching the two of them grow together and light up NFL defenses. Maybe it's because it's been so long since the team has done anything really significant, but it just seems like they're building something special. 

• Like (+1) 1

Duke is a prime example of the growth to manhood, through difficult times. When Talk of Duke being pursued by the Bills first popped up I checked out what info I could find on him, and frankly I was sold on what was a very good prospect for the Bills.

All those months ago I new he was gonna make the team, he was so obviously better than the craptastic WRs we had last season, in which he new how to catch a football, and do it with authority, he is going to be better than many here think he will be. I feel he is already on par with both Brown and Beasley.  To me it was amazing that a cadre of fans here could not or would not see what to many of us here was just plain obvious, he will be an above average wideout for our football team.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Margarita said:

I posted this video In a Duke thread on Monday but it didn't get a lot of views Im glad its been seen more now its a very compelling video and I liked the comments at the end comparing he to some very highly respected current NFL receivers as far as his attributes and skill set.  He's been a work in progress and continues to be! I cant wait to see how high his ceiling is.

Thanks again for posting that vid the other day, Beane helped the Bills, but even more importantly helped another persons life grow all the more. I am very happy for Duke. 

• Like (+1) 1

The way he described how he felt at Auburn where people great you with ‘War Eagle’, makes me think he is going to shine in Buffalo. The energy on Sunday at Tenn pregame was all about Duke. If Duke can control his emotions and stay focused he is going to be a contributor for this team. Duke and Brown wise with Beasley in the slot, will present mismatches. 

Love seeing a guy like Duke get a shot. Now go make it something for yourself big fella. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Margarita said:

I saw the vid when you posted it.    Thanks!  

Seems like Duke's transformed himself from  an immature punk into a man - a hard-working, team-first, McD kind of man. 

In recent interviews, Duke shows that he's really grateful to be where he is right now and you can see why.   It wasn't a short, straight, or easy road for him.  Really rooting for him to continue to grow both as a man and as a player.    And hoping to see him in the endzone every game!  

• Thank you (+1) 1