Thurs. night football: Giants at Pats 8:20 ET (Fox, NFLN))

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i'm not saying they will lose all those games but those are experiences qbs and offenses that have a lot more weapons than we did or the giants did last night.  Also teams with strong d lines and can put up points. 

I get that, I’m just saying that Belichick is still a defensive mastermind. Wentz, Prescott, and Jackson are all insanely overrated. It isn’t tough to imagine Belichick making them look bad. 

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I was solely speaking to Passing Stats. 

Even with the 2 rushing TD's his Ratings are bad

Tom Brady  QBR 42.7   and a  RTG of  88.9   That's like Josh's bad numbers and its been at least twice Tom has been that bad this season. 

For the season .....  QBR of  57.3  ans a RAT of 97.5   

Gotcha. The injuries to the line should worry the Pats. That's the main issue, but they also lost Gronk in the off season. There's a reason they signed AB(glad it backfired). I think Tom is still an upper echelon QB and can be for another 2 yrs. Trust me, I hate the thought of that. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i'm not saying they will lose all those games but those are experiences qbs and offenses that have a lot more weapons than we did or the giants did last night.  Also teams with strong d lines and can put up points. 

Agree. I think they lose at least 3. More likely 4 or even 5. I think most likely they lose to the Chiefs, Eagles and Texans. Because I think those 3 will find ways to score even on that great defense. And unless something significant changes up front I don't see the Pats winning many shoot outs. 

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I get that, I’m just saying that Belichick is still a defensive mastermind. Wentz, Prescott, and Jackson are all insanely overrated. It isn’t tough to imagine Belichick making them look bad. 

Agreed on the bold. I am interested to see how this year's Pats d handles the Chefs. They scored 40 on the Pats in the playoff game last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Brady is missing bad with medium passes, and even short passes to the sideline.  That is a first and seems to be systemic.

He did complete a lot, but many seemed to be within a couple yards of the line of scrimmage.   The Giants were blitzing and they were throwing a lot of little screens.

What was the average in-the-air distance of the completed passes?

He is missing on those intermediate routes primarily because the timing is off. He is getting rid of it crazy early at times because he does not trust his protection. He is putting the ball where it should be but the timing with the receivers is off and so they are not in the right spots yet to catch it. It is a very real problem and it absolutely starts up front. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Agreed on the bold. I am interested to see how this year's Pats d handles the Chefs. They scored 40 on the Pats in the playoff game last year. 

Yeah, I agree with the posters who say the Pats will lose a few games this year. I believe that to be true,  but who really expects them to go 16-0? Just because they lose a few doesn’t mean they aren’t contenders. I’m not going to celebrate because the Pats look “vulnerable”. What does that even mean? I would be celebrating if they had a terrible record, and the dynasty was clearly over. The Chiefs and Pats are the only real AFC contenders, with a few teams who have potential to contend on the outside. 

8 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Gotcha. The injuries to the line should worry the Pats. That's the main issue, but they also lost Gronk in the off season. There's a reason they signed AB(glad it backfired). I think Tom is still an upper echelon QB and can be for another 2 yrs. Trust me, I hate the thought of that. 

CrJr2AXUIAAk4-E.jpg.3eb09cd684853d6d4c3d

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Yep, that's what I said. They count just as much s passing tds. Pretty sure we celebrated Josh's rushing tds. If Josh had those #'s and people complain, defenders would quickly point out the rushing tds. I would be happy with those #s, as long as the rushing tds were included. "Just win , baby".

Oh I’m not debating the notion of rushing TDs counting. They certainly should. I’m just pointing out how Tom’s rushing TD’s don’t involve a lot of rushing ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Not football related, but TNF related:

This new Midway movie is seriously pissing me off.  What a *****-looking movie.  Roland Emmerich is responsible for this bag of excrement, isn't he?

Couldn’t they have saved $200m and just shown that old 1970s movie that was very similar. What was the name of it? It’s on the tip of my tongue. Oh, now I remember! “Midway!”