Thurs. night football: Giants at Pats 8:20 ET (Fox, NFLN))

Starting Eli would have made more sense.  I get wanting to be consistent with QB play, but Jones isn't ready for this game.  Shurmur seems like he doesn't understand the Pats and what Belichick does to rookie QBs, or zone defenses.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Starting Eli would have made more sense.  I get wanting to be consistent with QB play, but Jones isn't ready for this game.  Shurmur seems like he doesn't understand the Pats and what Belichick does to rookie QBs, or zone defenses.

No it wouldn't we like the idea of them using Eli to get the win but it makes no sense for them. They aren't aiming for the post season not really they're focused on getting their young QB experience.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Are we at 3 picks 2 fumbles and a special teams score yet?

We are actually - but it’s 1 fumble for each team

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think Shurmur may be one of those guys who is a great coordinator and way over his head as a HC

• Like (+1) 1

They have an incredible D and

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Maybe ............. or Maybe they have 2 less interceptions and have been sacked 5 more times with 2 more fumbles.  I agree Jones is being a rookie and BB is playing that but Eli is pretty limited.  Like Bledsoe in the Cowboy years.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

No it wouldn't we like the idea of them using Eli to get the win but it makes no sense for them. They aren't aiming for the post season not really they're focused on getting their young QB experience.

Yeah, there's that.  Shurmur must be ok with taking losses in favor of on the job QB development.

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I would tend to believe people that say this if there was something to back it up.

They are 5-0, probably going to be 6-0. They are statistically the best team in football.

Who have also, in their first 6 games, played 5 of the worst teams in football.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We are actually - but it’s 1 fumble for each team

I think Shurmur may be one of those guys who is a great coordinator and way over his head as a HC

They still need to have their back up throw an Int to end the game.

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I would tend to believe people that say this if there was something to back it up.

They are 5-0, probably going to be 6-0. They are statistically the best team in football.

People have unreasonable expectations for the Pats. People were talking about how bad they looked in Washington last week. They won 33-7, with Brady passing for over 300 yards and three TD’s. How many teams would call that a bad week? Even against Washington. If they aren’t beating teams 50-0 with Brady throwing for over 300 yards every game, somehow they are declining. The reality is they are unbeaten, and winning games is the most important stat. Let’s give our team some credit too. Brady looked rotten against us, because the Bills have an elite defense.

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Let’s give our team some credit too. Brady looked rotten against us, because the Bills have an elite defense.

This is being noticed by player analysts on NFLN and Fox.

• Like (+1) 1