Zac Taylor on A.J. Green: 'We are not trading that guy'

HOUSE

52 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Well Duhhhhhh.... half a hotdog is obviously too much, let me get it down to a quarter of a dog that isn't a Sahlen's and no bun or condiments and now we are talking!

Well if Ballpark will do for McJordan then we should have a load of talented players, right?

You're confusing half of a used hotdog with half a hotdog.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

This is why I always ask the question in "trade for THIS guy" posts: "Why do you think THIS guy is available?"

Everyone wants to trade for elite players, but elite players are almost never up for trade.

You just ruined 75% of the people on here’s  day

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Then you are back to what you have now. Which isn't good but Green gives you a formidable WR corps. Right now, it's a pretty below average unit.

I like Green, and yes the wr corp is a little light. It has taken several games for the problem to reveal itself. If not Green, I don't know anyone else that Beane would realistically target. Lets see how this plays out.

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green has yet to play a game this season due to an ankle injury. But the injury hasn't prevented Green's name from being tossed into the mix with the trade deadline looming.

Bengals coach Zac Taylor, however, provided a definitive answer regarding the trade speculation Thursday.

"I've heard the speculation. We are not trading that guy," Taylor said, per The Athletic's Paul Dehner Jr.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001064156/article/zac-taylor-on-aj-green-we-are-not-trading-that-guy

Blah blah blah, never trading a guy until he gets traded.

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green has yet to play a game this season due to an ankle injury. But the injury hasn't prevented Green's name from being tossed into the mix with the trade deadline looming.

Bengals coach Zac Taylor, however, provided a definitive answer regarding the trade speculation Thursday.

"I've heard the speculation. We are not trading that guy," Taylor said, per The Athletic's Paul Dehner Jr.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001064156/article/zac-taylor-on-aj-green-we-are-not-trading-that-guy

Didn't the Giants say that about OBJ?

It's not likely to matter anyway.

They've made their goals clear. Those goals are not "getting as good as possible this year and maximizing our chances." They are building a team that can compete at the highest level consistently. 

That would just not likely include bringing in a guy who's approaching the end of his career and will cost a ton. The guy is 31 and he'll be expensive.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/a.j.-green-7719/#

I wouldn't be surprised either way, if he gets traded or not. But I'd be quite surprised if he's traded to Buffalo.

I'd expect WR to be one of their priorities again in the offseason.

Edited by Thurman#1

41 minutes ago, MJS said:

This is why I always ask the question in "trade for THIS guy" posts: "Why do you think THIS guy is available?"

Everyone wants to trade for elite players, but elite players are almost never up for trade.

It seems to be happening more and more recently though (OBJ, Mack, Tunsil, AB, Cooper, Clowney) so I can see why there's more and more interest.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'm a big fan of several of the people in it but couldn't get through the first two or three episodes.  Did you find it slow to start and it got better?

It gets great imo. I can imagine people needing to watch numerous episodes before liking it a lot because most of the best humor comes out of character and knowing how they are, like Seinfeld. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

It seems to be happening more and more recently though (OBJ, Mack, Tunsil, AB, Cooper, Clowney) so I can see why there's more and more interest.

OBJ has always been a head case and a distraction, but yes he's elite (or at least was). Mack was the dumbest move ever. Can't expect trades like that. Everyone thought that was a terrible move. Tunsil is not elite by any means. He's an above average player and that's all. AB crazied himself out of the league. Cooper I wouldn't say is elite. He's had 3 straight years under 800 yards receiving. Clowney is the best case for a potentially elite player being traded.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

OBJ has always been a head case and a distraction, but yes he's elite (or at least was). Mack was the dumbest move ever. Can't expect trades like that. Everyone thought that was a terrible move. Tunsil is not elite by any means. He's an above average player and that's all. AB crazied himself out of the league. Cooper I wouldn't say is elite. He's had 3 straight years under 800 yards receiving. Clowney is the best case for a potentially elite player being traded.

Fine.  Very good to elite players are being traded at an increasing rate.  Teams are getting more creative with the cap to add players for a playoff run and disgruntled quality players are becoming more willing to force their way out (see M. Fitzpatrick).  Last year you had Ha Ha Clinton Dix, Cooper, Tate, Hyde, Fowler Jr., and Apple get moved to playoff contenders.  I could easily see Ramsey, T. Williams, Diggs, Green, and E. Sanders get moved before the deadline. 

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Because posters have been playing Madden for 15 years now and they think thats exactly how things work in the NFL. You want a player on another team? No problem...just offer them a 6th round pick and enough scrubs and they will trade you whoever. 

I mean EA Sports doesn't care about realism...you've been able to return muffed punts for TDs since the beginning and its never been addressed and teams always go into the 2 minute warning with all 3 timeouts unless they lose it on a challenge...you never have to burn timeouts for any reason.

They add "cool" new graphics or features that nobody uses but can't be bothered to address basic realism. So now you have a whole generation of NFL fan that thinks Madden is how things work in real life.

Edited by matter2003