Zac Taylor on A.J. Green: 'We are not trading that guy'

HOUSE

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green has yet to play a game this season due to an ankle injury. But the injury hasn't prevented Green's name from being tossed into the mix with the trade deadline looming.

Bengals coach Zac Taylor, however, provided a definitive answer regarding the trade speculation Thursday.

"I've heard the speculation. We are not trading that guy," Taylor said, per The Athletic's Paul Dehner Jr.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001064156/article/zac-taylor-on-aj-green-we-are-not-trading-that-guy

This is why I always ask the question in "trade for THIS guy" posts: "Why do you think THIS guy is available?"

Everyone wants to trade for elite players, but elite players are almost never up for trade.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

This is why I always ask the question in "trade for THIS guy" posts: "Why do you think THIS guy is available?"

Everyone wants to trade for elite players, but elite players are almost never up for trade.

AND......why do we think the professional FO would want the same guys us sofa GM’s think are “the answer”? I don’t think our GM will fall for a “big name”, but rather go for talent and value. Can you find both in the same player? Sure, sometimes, but not all that often. That’s why it’s a hard job. 

• Like (+1) 1

Is Kupp elite? Is McCaffrey elite? Is Kuechly? Everybody seems to think they aren't future Hall of Famers except me... Elite players usually end up in the HoF. Now that McCafe has exploded this season everybody will be trying to lick his jockstrap with me, but I remember a great amount of disconcern with him being drafted high. I remember disconcern about his race even, which I know nobody will admit. 

Point is if almost everybody won't admit to these players being elite then why the laughing when I suggest a trade for them.

I've heard everything from Kuechly is white to he is finished from concussions... well shouldn't we be getting him for a conditional 7th? Exactly, everybody thinks I'm psychotic when I jest(but would cream my shorts) about a trade for said players but I'm just echoing the sentiment of the masses technically, because they believe said players aren't worth a damn. 

Remember, I am speaking in generalities, so to those that agree, I love you:wub:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

AND......why do we think the professional FO would want the same guys us sofa GM’s think are “the answer”? I don’t think our GM will fall for a “big name”, but rather go for talent and value. Can you find both in the same player? Sure, sometimes, but not all that often. That’s why it’s a hard job. 

Well if Kyle Allen didn't ruin our great run at McCafe and Kuechly we would be sitting pretty. J/K that's what McCaffrey does, if only he had a few down games and Panthers decided to tank. There is always hope!

31 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not only does everyone want to trade for elite players, but everyone thinks elite players should be available for half a used hotdog and a bag of stale donuts.

No one looks at it from the perspective that generally, if a team is trading an elite player, they need to have a motivation that makes sense for them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not only does everyone want to trade for elite players, but everyone thinks elite players should be available for half a used hotdog and a bag of stale donuts.

Well Duhhhhhh.... half a hotdog is obviously too much, let me get it down to a quarter of a dog that isn't a Sahlen's and no bun or condiments and now we are talking!

Well if Ballpark will do for McJordan then we should have a load of talented players, right?

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green has yet to play a game this season due to an ankle injury. But the injury hasn't prevented Green's name from being tossed into the mix with the trade deadline looming.

Bengals coach Zac Taylor, however, provided a definitive answer regarding the trade speculation Thursday.

"I've heard the speculation. We are not trading that guy," Taylor said, per The Athletic's Paul Dehner Jr.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001064156/article/zac-taylor-on-aj-green-we-are-not-trading-that-guy

I seem to recall Beane and McDermott echoing the same comment about Shady last Spring....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No one looks at it from the perspective that generally, if a team is trading an elite player, they need to have a motivation that makes sense for them.

Golly.  A half used hot dog.  I don't want to even go there.?