XFL draft

Buffalo716

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ex Buffalo Bills Brandon Reilly , Khari Lee 

And former UB Bull John Kling have all had their names entered into the 2020 XFL draft

Best of luck and I hope you achieve your dreams

I've known John a long time and he is a great guy and stud tackle... Can't teach 6'8 

We need a RT :flirt:

9 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Former Cuse QB Eric Dungey too.

always liked this kid, thought he would make a good WR.

12 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I’ve said repeatedly that Vince and the XFL’s only chance is to indeed go after the blue chip, 4-5 star recruits and offer them guaranteed money since the NCAA isn’t trying to pony up.  $250K per year versus playing a few years at a college that you don’t intend to graduate from and isn’t paying you a dime?

Luck can’t come out and say as much because it would be seen as drawing a line in the sand and going to war with the NCAA, but there’s no way Vince isn’t looking at that this as his edge in legitimizing his league. Especially with all the controversy over the last couple years about whether or not college athletes should be compensated monetarily.

If they don’t go this route they are destined to repeat the same fate as before because nobody wants to see a bunch of guys that weren’t good enough to crack the final 53 anywhere in the NFL, but you start getting some legitimate Heisman calibre players, early round NFL prospects and suddenly the league is worth watching.

I agree.  Imagine how pissed the NCAA would be if somebody like Trevor Lawrence played in the XFL for a year before declaring for the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

Go after the NCAA. Gives the kids a 50k a job while still putting up film instead of sitting out a year because they want to Transfer. 

if it stays Viable I could easily see more Kids taking the cash over college. Specially if their contracts have outs if they get drafted or signed by NFL. 

How does the XFL draft even work? All the teams are owned by the league, so is Vince going to give pseudo control to other people for each team, then allow them to legitimately compete against each other?

Or will it be all for looks like the WWE when they have Smackdown vs Raw drafts? How do trades work? Does the league just decide "we need this team to be more competitive" and yank players from team A & move them to team B? 

Seems kind of weird when there's just one owner of all the teams.

XFL salaries revealed: Leaked memo details player pay for new league

The average XFL player won’t be in for a major payday when play begins in February 2020, according to a report on Friday.

League executives informed agents that XFL players will earn an average salary of $55,000, according to a memo obtained by Pro Football Talk. The total purportedly includes base pay, and bonuses for active roster status and victories for players under contract from Dec. 4, when players become full-time XFL employees, through the end of the season on May 31, 2020.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/xfl-salaries-player-pay-2020

Sportsnaut

NFL HOFer Terrell Owens accepts XFL Draft invite

Jesse Reed, Sportsnaut
13 hrs ago

Terrell Owens is apparently not done with football, after all, despite having already been inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame.

The legendary receiver has accepted an invite to be a part of the inaugural XFL Draft, which takes place on Oct. 15, the league announced on Friday.

Owens last played in the NFL during the 2010 season as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals. He last played professionally during the 2012 Indoor Football League season as a member of the Allen Wranglers.

During his legendary 16-season NFL career, Owens caught 1,078 passes for 15,934 yards and 153 touchdowns.

Needless to say, if he does in fact play for the XFL in 2020, it would be a major draw for the upstart league.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-hofer-terrell-owens-accepts-xfl-draft-invite/ar-AAIE80e?li=BBnba9I

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy