XFL draft

Buffalo716

Ex Buffalo Bills Brandon Reilly , Khari Lee 

And former UB Bull John Kling have all had their names entered into the 2020 XFL draft

Best of luck and I hope you achieve your dreams

I've known John a long time and he is a great guy and stud tackle... Can't teach 6'8 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Good luck to them, the article about Kenny Robinson Jr. in the Athletic was very interesting about how he chose to not transfer and sit out a year this year after he was dismissed for academic at West Virginia, but rather enter the XFL Draft to play there for this season and enter the NFL Draft with this tape being his audition rather than another year of college.

If this gets him drafted high, it's going to change the way some kids look at finishing up in College versus going to the XFL.  

Oliver Luck did say they have no anticipation to target kids in college to get them to come to the XFL instead of being in college, but he did say with kids in odd situations like Robinson, they're hoping to be an alternative to sitting out a year in a transfer situation, so the kid can play and get into professional football sooner.

Very interesting all the way around. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And former UB Bull John Kling have all had their names entered into the 2020 XFL draft

I've known John a long time and he is a great guy and stud tackle... Can't teach 6'8 

Very interesting - thanks for sharing. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

So Kling recovered for the broken ankle he suffered in the AAF? Looked bad at the time.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

...could be a good landing spot for the Reilly kid.......hope Vince pays better....er pays players versus the AAF.......

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I would have expected to see Reilly get more of a shot in the NFL.

There is really nothing special about him.

40-50 WRs come out per year that have draft eligible grades.

And there are tons of kids like him, it's tough to crack it at WR

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

There is really nothing special about him.

40-50 WRs come out per year that have draft eligible grades.

And there are tons of kids like him, it's tough to crack it at WR

He got open and caught the ball. I totally agree with you that it's tough. I'm not saying he should be starting, but I would have thought he would have done more on practice squads and make plays on special teams for someone.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’ve said repeatedly that Vince and the XFL’s only chance is to indeed go after the blue chip, 4-5 star recruits and offer them guaranteed money since the NCAA isn’t trying to pony up.  $250K per year versus playing a few years at a college that you don’t intend to graduate from and isn’t paying you a dime?

Luck can’t come out and say as much because it would be seen as drawing a line in the sand and going to war with the NCAA, but there’s no way Vince isn’t looking at that this as his edge in legitimizing his league. Especially with all the controversy over the last couple years about whether or not college athletes should be compensated monetarily.

If they don’t go this route they are destined to repeat the same fate as before because nobody wants to see a bunch of guys that weren’t good enough to crack the final 53 anywhere in the NFL, but you start getting some legitimate Heisman calibre players, early round NFL prospects and suddenly the league is worth watching.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Chill said:

Xfl is becoming a thing again? Didn’t it go out of businesses embarrassingly last year?

No that was the very poorly planned AAF.  McMahon and his team have really got their ducks in a row this go around for the XFL, in my opinion. TV deals, and they are properly financed.

He also has a terrible track record of any non-WWE business operation, but if XFL fails this time, it’s not for lack of effort on his part.

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think the XFL is destined to fail but maybe it could become a good farm league

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

It's crazy because that is some serious money being thrown around...but it's not NFL money. That $#!+ will be run into the ground within 5 years guaranteed. You can't compete with Monopoly top dogs

The difference with the XFL is it's all coming out of Vince McMahon's wallet. There's no investor that will pull out half way though like Tom Dundon did with the AAF. It likely won't fold halfway though the season. But on the other hand the failure of the AAF might have turned potential fans off to the idea of another spring league.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1